Graded Gem - UK Graders - No communication

Hi guys

Lot of people are worried in the UK with how graded gem is being run. I personally have submissions from last July which currently aren’t back - whilst that isn’t an issue in itself - the problem is the absolute lack of communication and lack of care for customers.

Previously, we would get weekly updates, even when there wasn’t much to report. But it’s now been around 6 weeks since they put out any kind of communication. Now I’m not jumping to any conclusions but it is pretty suspect that they are now refusing to put out any content.

I actually think the guys that run it are good guys etc, but there isn’t any excuse for the absolute lack of clarity - especially since they have recently incorporated a new firm in the UK - so are active. It’s an odd situation which really does need a resolution as thousands of people likely have millions of £ worth of cards and the response time and update time are non existent.

I appreciate they are busy making things work but I think the timeline is unacceptable at this point and I for one am genuinely worried if I’ll ever see my cards again. We’ve had too many videos of ‘we need to be better’ all through the pandemic but now from the YouTube comments - they are going to lose a large portion of their customer base - not due to the time it has taken at PSA but their absolute lack of customer communication.

Any thoughts or insight? Or am I being unreasonable etc.

I think it’s worth noting that I don’t think they have robbed everyone but equally I’ve never graded with them and I’m not the only person to be concerned. Does anybody have any recent experience with returns through them or recent communication?

Even when I email it takes 10 days to get a reply and it’s totally generic. My July order was in R&D as recently as April, so I have no idea what’s going on. It also looks like dealers have a much worse turn around time than bulk submissions as I’d have expected to have received my cards by now.

Thanks

Nice.

Also yes, dealers are an extra 3+ months behind.

2 Likes

Why would they report on news if there aren’t any? It’s great you received “updates” before, but if I were them I would’ve stopped them a long time ago on bulk tier. I personally didn’t receive any for GG Germany from the start anyway.
Slow customer service is a different issue, but if you are one of probably dozens of people every week asking the same question of “where are my cards”, I’d give a generic copy paste answer too.

3 Likes

I mean whilst I appreciate the sentiment - it feels like you didn’t read the tone of the message / coming in hot with ‘your being a baby’ - probably not necessary.

Again, I am aware there is a delay at PSA - however it wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect an update on where my cards sit in the grading process or where the dealer is up to with regards to submissions they have received back.

I’m not asking for miracles - I’m asking for more than nothing.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s fair - respect that. Thanks for the input

They likely haven’t been doing card submissions for almost half a year. They already have extremely tight margins so I would assume they might have had to reduce the employees. Occasionally customer service may be the first to go.

I also have an order from last July with them. I sent them an email because I thought I shouldn’t bother them on social media as they are probably busy. Took around a week to get an answer and they told me they have most of May 2020 orders back and some of Junes. This was couple weeks ago. So I guess there is some hope about getting our cards back but I would expect it to take another month or 2.

I’m from Finland and sent with Graded Gem UK when UK was still part of the EU so my concern now is import taxes which I really didn’t get an answer for on the email but from what I understood from their YouTube videos they are working on a solution for that. I think they’ve had more time to work on things now as they have been closed for submissions etc. All we can do is just wait, it sucks but it is what grading is right now unfortunately.

1 Like

We are all in the same boat buddy. GradedGem is a legit grading service. The problem is PSA got flooded with a massive amount of submissions and they simply couldn’t process them quickly anymore. The current turnaround time is about 1-2 years after you submit. This is for bulk/cheapest grading service tier.

1 Like

It is easier to develop amnesia and forget you sent the cards. Nothing you can do but wait.

12 Likes

I have cards sent with Ludkins locked in PSA from last September… it’s the same everywhere. Just wait.

2 Likes

Not all May is back, here is the living proof. Shit happens, nothing you can do about it. The cards will eventually be back

1 Like

This comment has not gone unappreciated

1 Like

You can call the 0800 number to talk to a person or email Victoria(did you use Victorias email and not Connors as you wont get a reply otherwise). I know they haven’t posted a video in a long while but they clearly have a lot on with the submission update system, sorting returns and also diversifying due to PSA being shut(I assume)

I have a submission with them aswell from August 1st, I am getting impatient now but that is PSA fault not GradedGems XD

@bobbkos,

1 Like

If you are new to grading with psa it will be a shock, and I hope all the regulars can appreciate that rather than just say suck it up. From the source (PSA) its evidently massively delayed and yer you start to feel like you will never see your cards again. If these secondary companies have made a business from it then they will have to deal with their customers I guess! I send from the UK direct so have all my order references and such, (I dont see the point in someone else doing it and I like to be in control as best as possible) I also get the updates all be it slow from the order progress emails from psa. My 65 card order from 1/21/2021 entered grading yesterday

2 Likes

While I haven’t used graded gems service for submitting cards before I have dealt with Connor from GG in trades and sales and he’s always been a great guy and I had no issues. I’m sure they are working as hard as possible to get everyone’s cards back as soon as they can but at this time it’s been unprecedented demand and a lot of it is outside their control. I understand your concerns and while it’s frustrating patience is the name of the game and hopefully things will improve in the future.

1 Like

What does him being new to grading have to do with anything? Silly comment when there’s a unprecedented backlog.

Its not their fault man, Connor/Tom are among the most genuine guys in the hobby

4 Likes

I’d 100% vouch for Connor & Tom too. They’d bend over backwards to help in anyway they can.

I imagine a squeeze on staff, lack of update news, and quiet prep on their new venture is having an impact on comms at the moment.

Just keep calm and blame PSA.

2 Likes

As others have said the radio silence is simply because there is nothing to report until PSA finishes your order. Personally I have one submission with them (sent in February this year) and don’t expect an update till 2022.

You just got to wait… (zzz)

1 Like