Graded gem vs ludkins

I have my cards ready to be submitted but I am still on the fence about which company to go through this time. To the people who have submitted through both of em, which one do you prefer and why? Are graded gems as strict on their pregrades?
Thanks for helping a rookie out

I have only done it through Ludkins, but from my experience I can’t imagine anyone does it better!

9 Likes

Graded Gem us doesn’t do pregrades. I think pregrades is a pretty niche want tbh.
As for which is better, last time I checked on a 100 card sub you’ll save 1$ per card using Ludkins over GG. Another thing to look at is the estimated return times on their matching services (I believe GG boasts faster return times).

After going through all of the factors I decided to go with Graded Gem US due to their payment plan (I didn’t have to pay the whole cost all at once and opted for the 3month plan). I also think if PSA were to treat all affiliate companies equally Graded Gem US currently will have less cards incoming; therefore, possible faster processing time.

Both companies submit weekly. Thanks Buckna for the info!

That would strongly depend on whether or not you’re in the UK in my opinion - so far, Ludkins did not announce (or share when asked for that matter) any plans regarding Brexit and import charges, which is the #1 priority when deciding for me and probably others. Graded Gem have EU offices that won’t include any additional import charges back from PSA, so they say.

Service wise, Ludkins are highly professional and walk you through the entire process very well - I don’t think Graded Gem offers pregrades, at least GG Germany doesn’t, correct me if I’m wrong here. I just submitted my first order with Graded Gem, so I can’t share any further experience, but Brexit leaves me no choice as of now and everything worked out very well with them so far.
From experience and isolated from any circumstances, I can recommend Ludkins all the way through. Graded Gem do offer the best service for me right now.
Edit: Payment plans are definetely a big plus at Graded Gem as well!

I know you asked for an opinion from a person who has used both. But I’ve only ever used ludkins and they haven’t given me a single reason to want to go with anybody else. They are simply amazing and an absolute pleasure to do business with. They’ll have a repeat customer in me until I’m dead or no longer in the hobby.

2 Likes

Good to know! I’ll edit my post!

1 Like

I’ve only used ludkins before, but I would definitely recommend them. Fast, professional, no paper work, great rates, and they walk you through the whole process!

1 Like

Ludkins - choice of the fourum, sends weekly, always do pregrades (if you want them)

Gradedgem - most of the times they are cheaper, pregrades if you want to and send them to the UK office (dont know about the other offices), offer specials (boosters, jumbos, autographs, coins and the most recent english set), offer payment plans, sends monthly usually (but check deadlines on their website, express service is usually different) and opened EU offices to cope with the upcoming brexit.

Both have got a special line with PSA to get the grading done quicker, I dont know if any differ from each other in that regard but I would guess not.

As for pregrades, I dont care about them, I am pretty confident in my own pregrading.

All things combined, GradedGem is my choice easily. I have not graded with Ludkins yet, but I cant imagine you would have any problems grading with them.

1 Like

Please support E4 by grading through Ludkins. They are our brothers and sisters:)

11 Likes

Ludkins have been nothing short of excellent from pricing to communication to service so I have no reason to go anywhere else.

7 Likes

First started using Ludkins Collectables (UK) in 2017 and never looked back, average 150 cards a month now through their service. :blush:

2 Likes

Using Ludkins UK now for a year (monthly). Really professional although I’m getting nervous about the upcoming Brexit and what that will mean for my cards coming back. I’ve asked about it a while back but i didn’t get a clear answer. Overall communication is great, pre-grades are nicely formatted and shared. options to withdraw cards for submitting etc.

I send one submission with GG using their Belgium service. I’n my experience the communication is’t as well as ludkins their ommunication. Pre-grades look kinda rough (just card number and set, no name). They are a bit cheaper though. You als get a YT video if you find that important in making your decision

For now I’ll just keep sending with Ludkins as their service seems more streamlined and better communications. Unless everything goes wrong with Brexit and I’ll have to pay crazy import fees over my own cards I’ll stick with Ludkins forever!

1 Like

Ludkins is fantastic, no question. I send to them monthly now.

I will say I wish one of them would offer an express 5-day service level but I do understand the problems that brings.

1 Like

I have submitted to Ludkins twice now, and I can say that I have had no problems whatsoever. The big thing that they offer that I appreciate the most is they provide insurance from Ludkins to PSA, from PSA back to Ludkins (after grading) and from Ludkins back to you. All you have to do is get it to them! Safety is the #1 priority for me in grading so that is why I choose them as my PSA company of choice.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone who took their time to respond and help me out. I will be sending through Ludkins and hope Brexit will not ruin the hobby for me. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I only use graded gem myself, they are brilliant. Connor and Tom are really nice guys and have gone above an beyond to help me on a few occasions. I’ve never used ludkins so I can’t say one is better than the other but at the same time graded gem have never given me a reason to try ludkins.

1 Like

Said it in another thread before but I have used both on multiple occasions and both are superb. If you are in the UK you are spoiled for choice. Why not give a bit of business to both and see who you end up liking more? :wink:

Ludkins has a 5 day now. Feel free to email us about it.

We will be formalizing it for public availability along with other changes this week, hopefully.

Also, I saw someone asking about payment plans. Thats a work in progress. I’m only going to do it if I can do it the right way. We are working with a contract lawyer and also consulting with someone with PR experience, because the optics of holding someone’s cards when they fail to pay because grandma has cancer or they lost their job to COVID are bad. That risk is what held us back in the past.

But I assure you: Ludkins is still pushing the limits of what a grading service can do.

Also, everyone should keep our price guarantee in mind. Ludkins will beat any publicly available price from a real company. Period. DM me. Let me show you firsthand why we remain the industry leader after all these years. :heart:

14 Likes

Both are great companies, but I’ve done business with Ludkins. Haven’t been disappointed in any way.