How to pay on Noppin?

I may just be really stupid but how do you make a payment for an item you’ve won through Noppin? Also, once that payment is made how do I know when it’s being shipped?

sorry its not an answer but how does noppin work? is it the Japanese ebay? Ive looked and seen a few nice items, im from the UK though.
Just wondering if theyd ship to me, charges, import and vat etc? anyone else from the UK or elsewhere have any idea pleasE?

Sorry to thread hijack…it is related though :wink:

I havent used noppin for awhile, except to ok at new listings. I use buyee to pay and ship, as its cheaper and easier to use for english speakers. Sign up there and just go to original auctio, sign in to buyee and pay. With just noppin, just sign in and paying options should be on the left side. Same with shiping updates.

Noppin is a middleman service the same as Buyee. Yahoo.jp is the Japanese ebay and Noppin and Buyee will bid/buyout the item in the listing and then you pay them to ship the item to you. Shipping costs can be quite high because of this, probably the worst being in Australia which is unfortunate for me

I’ve heard really poor things about Buyee which is why I went with Noppin but now the item I bought just sits as ‘won’ and I’m unsure where to go from there to make the further payment and to find out what the shipping costs will be

Its probably just waiting to be shipped to their warehouse. Once its there, they ask for shipping preferences and payment. Usually the payment comes automatically once you win, then another after you decide on shipping.

Ah I see, how do i find the postage costs and fees for noppint then please? say i buy an item for 5,000 JPY how do i factor in any aditional costs please?

I’m not sure about that. It’s what I’m waiting to find out.

www.noppin.com/portal_pages/shipping

Unsure about the fees etc, plus import charges may be charged which is like £16 for the uk, vat and so on depending on value of item

www.noppin.com/portal_pages/our_fees_for_auction_service

Why use noppin if on yahoo japan they can post to us? is it the translation issue? just curious.the fees are very high overall

That actually helped me out. I got the payment made and all that jazz now :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha im glad! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck!!

I’ve used Noppin for quite some time now, so I can give some general information of how it works:

When you place a bid on something you can update your account’s max amount to bid, by authenticating with PayPal. So let’s say you put 10,000 Japanese yen in your Noppin account, then you are allowed to bid for a total of 30,000 yen on multiple auctions at once (it’s always 3x). Note that this is only authenticating to PayPal, you aren’t paying anything yet in this step, and you also won’t have to pay anything if you don’t win any auctions.

If you win one or multiple auctions you will receive a payment notification. Now you can simply click on the Pay button on Noppin, and because you’ve already authenticated with PayPal when you’ve put a max amount to bid on your account, you won’t have to log into PayPal again. You will have to pay for the price you’ve won it for, plus shipping from the seller to Noppin, plus some Noppin middleman fees (usually 500 Japanese Yen, but the higher the won-price, the higher the fees are (I once had to pay little over 100 USD on middleman fees on my most expensive won auction): www.noppin.com/portal_pages/our_fees_for_auction_service

Now it will take a couple of days before the packages arrive from the seller to Noppin’s warehouse. Once it’s in the warehouse you will have up to 60 days to create a shipping order. This allows you to combine multiple won auctions into one shipment to you. You can already create a shipping order while the packages are still incoming from the seller to Noppin’s warehouse if you want to.

Once everything of your shipping order has arrived at Noppin’s warehouse you’ll receive another email notification: this time to pay for the shipment. Shipping fees are usually around 2,200 Japanese Yen, but it depends on the weight of the package: www.noppin.com/portal_pages/shipping.

And once that is paid, they will package everything very well (I never had a problem with the packaging, they do an excellent job with that), and then ship it to you and give you a tracking number.

One more thing to note: They always ship it with EMS, so in most countries you’ll have to pay import fees when the package is above a certain price. I live in The Netherlands, so everything above roughly 2,400 Japanese Yen (excluding shipping) means I’ll have to pay 20+ euros on import. My most expensive package so far was 165,000 Japanese Yen, for which I had to pay an additional 325 euro import fee. So keep that in mind when combing orders. Sometimes it’s cheaper to have two separate orders shipping from Noppin to you, than one big package with large amount of import fees.

If you have any questions regarding Noppin feel free to ask. I don’t know everything, but since I’ve used it pretty often so far, I hope I’ve provided you and others reading this with some general information of how Noppin works.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like