Cheapest way to buy on Yahoo Auctions?

Hey guys, it’s been a while I’ve been using Buyee for Yahoo Auctions, but the more I do the math, the more expensive I realized it is to use Buyee.

I’ve noticed that buying a 15$ item on Buyee essentially makes it x2 the cost of buying it after the fees and shipping, making it a 30$ item.

It also really sucks I cannot combine shipping.

Any other alternatives that are cheaper? Is Buyee essentially the cheapest already?

1 Like

I feel the same way.

1 Like

To be honest for low value cards buyee etc just arent viable options. Every middlemam has fees and then you pay the postage from the seller to them and then from them to you so its always going to be pricey to ship low value cards using these services.

1 Like

What irks me is that low value cards make it not worth it to get from buyee due to the middleman fees, but then high value cards are not that worth it either because buyee takes a cut. A lose lose situation :slightly_frowning_face:

The cheapest way? Move to Japan. :rofl:

9 Likes

Technically speaking, that’s one of the most expensive ways :wink:

Unless its a high value item it will almost always be cheaper to purchase the same card from a japanese (or any) ebay seller. Even thought the starting price will most likely be cheaper on Yahoo, but after paying two shipping charges (domestic/international) + service / bank transfer or whatever fees they might have, the total price will be way more than just purchasing the card from ebay.

3 Likes

Everyone already mentioned the overall breakdown. One aspect I would add is prices are on an upward trend on yahoo. A mixture of more international buyers plus japanese sellers becoming more aware of the market. Basically if it isn’t a large lot of cards you need, the smaller individual items are best purchased via ebay.

3 Likes

Really appreciate your comments guys. I just wanted to know for sure because I don’t want to use buyee for years and then people casually mention another middleman service and make me realize I lost hundreds of dollars of transaction fees over the course of many years.

Thanks again :blush:

My signature says it all :wink:

1 Like

Would you be cool with handling like 30$ worth of cards though :slightly_frowning_face:

I would use you 100%, but felt embarrassed to ask you to help me out with small time transactions =/

I personally use Noppin.com, but you’re also drowned in middleman fees in that case. Cards below 2000 yen or so will have 500 yen middleman fee (even when you win it for 1 yen). But when you buy something of 200,000 yen, you could end up paying about 17k yen on top of it…

Having said that, I never had any problems with them. They always package very good, you can combine multiple auctions and they are stored up to 60 days, and recently I tried using SAL as shipping option instead of EMS (I always have to pay hundreds of eurpos on import fees when it arrived with this shipping option). With SAL it’s maybe less secured, but the shipping time is the same for me. It’s 2 weeks + 1 week at customs + 50-350 euro import fees with EMS vs 3 weeks with direct free delivery for SAL.

Here is all the information about Noppin I can give:

As I said above, I have used SAL a few times now, so no more import fees on arrival for me. :blush:

Having said all that, to answer your title: find a friend online who lives in Japan and doesn’t charge any middleman fees. :blush: I got contacts in Brazil, South Korea, Germany, Italy, and Russia who all don’t charge anything but the costs of the cards themselves and shipping. Since Japan is the land where Pokémon is very popular, finding someone who is willing to do the same without middleman fees shouldn’t be too difficult I think.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Thank you so much @quuador!

Didn’t see your post until now, but I’ll use it for reference :blush:

Sure, no problem. Send me a DM.

I’m late to the party, but you guys should look into zenmarket.jp. It’s a 300 yen flat fee per item. The downside is that you have to deposit the entire amount of your bid before you can place a bid. So, unlike Noppin where you can deposit 10K and bid up to 30K, you have to deposit 30k before you’re allowed to make a 30k bid. In addition, Zenmarket will restrict you from placing bids if the Seller has a low feedback score (or whatever its called on YJ) and the translation of some of the items leaves a lot to be desired. But all that being said, it’s very easy to use and is easily the cheapest option I’ve found for expensive items. I’ve been using them for 2-3 years now with no issues.

2 Likes

I use treasurejapan

1 Like