Confused about Noppin

One thing to add, when you add money to your deposit on Noppin, you can spend three times that amount. So let’s say you deposit 10,000 Japanese Yen, then you can place bids on auctions up to 30,000 Japanese Yen.

You will only pay once you’ve won an auction. Once you’ve paid, that amount goes back to your deposit spending limit again.

For example: Let’s say you indeed deposited 10,000 Japanese Yen, and you can bid up to 30,000 (note that you’ve only authorized for a spending limit, you haven’t actually paid for anything yet). You then bid 15,000 on one item, and 5,000 on another. You now have 10,000 left in your deposit to spend.
A few days later you end up winning the 15,000 one. You pay for it (including some middleman fees) - only now you actually pay and have money subtracted from your PayPal account. You now have 25,000 spending limit again. And let’s say you loose the 5,000 one later on, putting you back at the 30,000 spending limit again.

You’ll only have to raise this deposit spending limit if you want to bid high on an auction (or multiple auctions simultaneously).

As for some more general Noppin.com information, I can refer to this quote of a post I made a couple of months ago:

EDIT: One thing to add about my quote above. It is possible to request a different shipping option with Noppin. I personally haven’t used this yet, but I plan to do so the next time I order. When using SAL I should be able to avoid customs and import fees all together. The shipping time to my country may take a bit longer, but since it doesn’t have to stay at Dutch customs the total shipping time might be pretty similar. Except much cheaper because I don’t have to pay any additional import fees.
I haven’t tested it yet, but a friend recommended it to me, and I will try it next time I order from Noppin.com. However, I currently have no ongoing auctions that I’ve placed a bid on; not sure when I will.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes