Confused about Noppin

First time i’ve used Noppin. Deposited 6000 yen for 3 items and won them. Have paid for items but it didn’t take the money from my deposit so now i’ve paid 8000 yen for the items and still have 6000 yen showing as my deposit which I didn’t want to do. How do I get my deposit back?

You can get your deposit back by sending a request to Noppin under the “Contact Board” auction link when you log in. It’s on the left side above Auction Services. Just let them know you want the deposit back.

Noppin won’t take money from your deposit unless you request it.

If you plan to bid on other auctions, you might want to leave the deposit. Otherwise you won’t be able to bid until you resend a new deposit.

4 Likes

avalanche pretty much sums it up. The idea of the deposit is so you always have that bid limit there when you see something you want to bid on.

The deposit is a way form them to ensure they are at least somewhat covered if you bid on something and refuse to pay(you can’t withdraw your deposit if you have a payment pending).

2 Likes

One thing to add, when you add money to your deposit on Noppin, you can spend three times that amount. So let’s say you deposit 10,000 Japanese Yen, then you can place bids on auctions up to 30,000 Japanese Yen.

You will only pay once you’ve won an auction. Once you’ve paid, that amount goes back to your deposit spending limit again.

For example: Let’s say you indeed deposited 10,000 Japanese Yen, and you can bid up to 30,000 (note that you’ve only authorized for a spending limit, you haven’t actually paid for anything yet). You then bid 15,000 on one item, and 5,000 on another. You now have 10,000 left in your deposit to spend.
A few days later you end up winning the 15,000 one. You pay for it (including some middleman fees) - only now you actually pay and have money subtracted from your PayPal account. You now have 25,000 spending limit again. And let’s say you loose the 5,000 one later on, putting you back at the 30,000 spending limit again.

You’ll only have to raise this deposit spending limit if you want to bid high on an auction (or multiple auctions simultaneously).

As for some more general Noppin.com information, I can refer to this quote of a post I made a couple of months ago:

EDIT: One thing to add about my quote above. It is possible to request a different shipping option with Noppin. I personally haven’t used this yet, but I plan to do so the next time I order. When using SAL I should be able to avoid customs and import fees all together. The shipping time to my country may take a bit longer, but since it doesn’t have to stay at Dutch customs the total shipping time might be pretty similar. Except much cheaper because I don’t have to pay any additional import fees.
I haven’t tested it yet, but a friend recommended it to me, and I will try it next time I order from Noppin.com. However, I currently have no ongoing auctions that I’ve placed a bid on; not sure when I will.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I was confused too but you are able to message them asking them to include your deposit in the final fee. That way hey will subtract the amount you deposited from the bill and you don’t have to manually send in a refund request

1 Like

Curious, why do you think you will not have to pay customs/import fees with SAL? Or is it with both SAL and Airmail and are you comparing them to EMS?

For example is Nippon marking you package value down but the high cost of EMS is bringing your total of goods+shipping higher than your limit of 22 euro.

Also, if you are comparing SAL to either Airmail or EMS it can be pretty similar in time, BUT, it can take a lot longer. It’s busy and no room on planes, SAL just sits there for days or weeks. SAL is basically back of the line Airmail.

I indeed meant it in comparison to EMS. I see SAL and Airmail as very similar (I tbh don’t even know the difference, nor where SAL stands for - but I will google it right after I typed this). I just heard that my friend uses SAL and he doesn’t have to pay for import fees, but with EMS almost every country does.

Also, I’m pretty sure the 22 euro limit is excluding shipping costs. The shipping from Noppin to me is usually 2,200 Japanese Yen (roughly 20 euros), but I have had numerous orders of around 20 euros for which I didn’t had to pay any import fees, despite being about 40 euros in total for order + shipping.

Greetz,
Quuador