Can anyone do me a big favour?

I’m looking for some parts for my van and have found a few bits I want from Yahoo Japan. The parts aren’t overly big or expensive, it’s just a front grill, hubcaps and a bit of plastic trim for the side. If someone could help me out with this it’d be greatly appreciated. :blush:

Can you be more specific about what you need help with, bud? :blush:

Middle man(or woman) if possible! :blush:

Buyee or Noppin?

Are their fees reasonable? They used to be a lot

I’d say they’re reasonable. They just charge the going rate.

Treasure Japan is what I use. They seem to have a really reasonable rate.

2 Likes

So far I’ve only used Noppin. They always package everything excellently, their middleman fees are reasonable, everything arrived pretty fast, and you only pay once you win and again when you decide to ship (with up to 60 days of them keeping your orders in their warehouse, in case you want to combine shipping).

The only big disadvantage I have with them, which makes me consider to find another middleman service for YJ, is the import fees I always have to pay for any order above 22k Japanese Yen (which happens quite often). My two most expensive purchases so far had an additional 350 and 200 USD import fee on arrival… (Although the orders themselves were 1,550 and 750 USD respectively.)

As long as you stay under the 22k you should be completely find (although this differs per country - I live in The Netherlands myself).

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

@quuador wanna hear something terrible with PostNL? I won an auction with a final value of €25 through Noppin. Shipping was around €25 as well which was reasonable for the amount of cards that was in it, but then at customs my package got picked out and I had to pay a customs fee of €6 euros and then scumbag PostNL charged me a base €17,50 on top of that for clearance fees/handling the customs fee on my behalf! Ridiculous in comparison to the value of the package imo. If my auction value was €22 or under I would’ve been fine since commercial import is free up until €22 in the Netherlands. Staying under 22000 yen doesn’t mean you’re safe unfortunately :sob:

Changing middleman won’t do you any good either in the Netherlands, since these middleman services are required to ship it as a commercial package and you’re required to pay import taxes anyway here. You just have to get lucky your package doesn’t get picked out by customs.

1 Like

UK is the same. £8 handling fee for any item that goes through customs. 17.50eur is crazy though!