How much have you spent on Pokémon cards?

I am quite new to the collecting game (2-3 years) and tend to stick to the lower end of the market.

I’m interested in knowing people’s estimates on their own lifetime expenditure.

I would say I’ve spent £4000 on cards and stuff related to Pokémon Card collecting (PSA rating, storage etc) within the last 2-3 years of collecting.

Its bad and I am trying to slow down but probably about $6000+ in the last 3 months lol…

It’s only bad if you can’t sell on near what you’ve spent if you had to.

Somewhere around 20000 sek in the past three months. Approx. 2264 Usd if you trust Google’s currency conversion.
But that money is mostly obtained from; Buying a bunch of cards > selling cards & keeping a few i wanna hold on too > Rinse and Repeat. Any “profit” i get is mostly going to older cards in my binder collection or into PSA 10s and sealed boxes.

Im in it for the long haul, not to flip. But it might cost me a wife too lol…

6 Likes

Seriously, I wouldn’t want to know. But, am I ahead or behind? Way ahead;)

8 Likes

£45,000 at least in the last 4 years. Probably at least 60.

7 Likes

Only maybe $5000 this year. And I settled on a house. Ouch. House prices are not cheap here.

1 Like

Enough to where my wife asks me why I am buying Pokemon cards instead of remodeling our kitchen.

19 Likes

Same here but houses are hella cheap here. The market is kind of at a high at the moment. Where at? Sorry, not to go off topic…

About £12,000 in the past 10 years

i never want to know how much ive spent lol but i do know for sure what i have is worth alot more then what i paid. i only buy things that are a “good” deal and have/can be sold for more then i paid even if i never intend to sell them.

i have 1000’s in cards and the most ive ever spent on 1 is 59.99 and that was a recent buy lol im not in the big boy club like so many on here are im still in my small pond chilling with the frogspawn :wink: :wink:

5 Likes

Brisbane Australia. Paid 650k for a place in an average area. Think of the sealed boxes I could have bought for that!

3 Likes

Less than 10% net worth

3 Likes

$2

1 Like

Way too much!!! need to take a little break and save some money!

2 Likes

This topic makes me uneasy. I immediately looked off into the distance and could hear the song," hello darkness my old friend" start playing in my head. lol But seriously it’s too much and I need to save more. Probably 5k in 4 months. I’m new to the hobby so I was bitten hard. I do try to buy low and snipe auctions. So I think if I sold everything I purchased I would at least make my money back. But I will never sell! :blush:

-Matthew

5 Likes

I don’t really look at it that way :blush: I just care about finishing goals :ok_hand: if it costs abit then so beit

2 Likes

I’ve spent alot in just 1 year of being in the hobby and still plan to spend more. Right now it’s all about trying to finish my all pokemon with the name shining in their description in their first release in psa 10s. After probably masaki 10s but who knows. The list goes on and on. I’m sure at some point I’ll slow down. Right now I’m just enjoying it.

1 Like

Counting the money I used to buy booster packs when I was a kid in the 90s? Cause adjusted for inflation that would be a lot…

As an adult… enough to add a boat dock to my house ;( but if you are ever near my family I usually say I got it all when it was cheap lololololol

5 Likes