Help listing every card involving the characters trainer

As stated, gym leader, Team Rocket, Frontier Brains, Team Magma/Aqua, Elite 4, etc. These style cards have been a favorite of mine ever since I was a kid. I’d like to start building my collection up with every Japanese card possible that fits the criteria. Anything with a trainer/person in the artwork (or border if it falls under the gym leader/etc. category).

My interests start to drop off after HGSS era, so I especially need any information regarding anything released after that. But I’m positive I’m missing things from before that time as well. I’ve tried to search for lists like this before but haven’t gotten anywhere helpful. If it’s been posted before or anyone knows of a list already made I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you in advance!

I guess I should show what I’ve come across so far, there’s a few I haven’t added yet like thr CP1 Team Magma’s Groudon and Team Aqua’s Kyogre EX’s and the other variants from Gym 1 and 2 from theme decks.

I should also add that I currently have full sets of Gym 1/2, 2001 Vs, and any holo GL/FB/E4 and Lv.X’s from the Platinum main sets. I haven’t gotten around to compiling the cards into a pretty sheet yet as I didn’t have a ton of time when I started this one. Also didn’t feel like copying everything over that I already had so it looks like there’s a lot missing.

3 Likes

Are you including trainers featured in the anime too?
If so there are the M promos.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Movie_Commemoration_Random_Pack_(TCG)

@pentagon has the same collection goal, so he can probably help you out. :blush: Here is his collection (within the spoilers), as well as a link to a checklist. I’m not sure if it’s up-to-date, but if not, I’m sure Pentagon could update it.

Greetz,
Quuador

Ooh I knew about the Pikachu but I’ll take a look at the rest of those, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a look through his thread this weekend. I’m doing it in Japanese but I’m sure it won’t be much extra work to cross everythhing over

1 Like