Pokemon Trainer Collection

Hello all!

I’m new here but I thought I would show off a few pages of my binder. I collect trainer cards where pokemon and people interact with one another in some way. I am missing a few of the trainers from newer sets but hope to make those additions soon.

23 Likes

I love WotC Trainer cards are so cool. And for the most part probably disregarded (outside trophy cards and the like) Some of the best artworks around. Especially ones featuring characters from the anime or games. I’ve often thought of doing a small binder collection to pay homage.
Nice to see :love_you_gesture:t2:

2 Likes

@gen1a , you should! It’s super affordable and you do get a lot of bang for your buck with the different artworks.

1 Like

Very nice! It’s always very satisfying to look at a well-organized collection of specific cards. :blush:

1 Like

@draug , I appreciate it! I’m a little OCD when it comes to my binder. I organized them by the order that they were released set-wise so you can see how the trainer arts changed through the years.

1 Like

Awesome collection! I love original ideas like this. :grin: And it might also be a good source for me when I make my lists of a specific Pokémon and am looking is a certain Pokémon is in other artworks.

Btw, are you only collecting one of each English artwork, or do you also plan on going after Japanese-exclusive artworks, or perhaps all different English variations (i.e. both 1st and unlimited edition; or both Reverse Holo and non-Holo)?
Actually, I see a few Japanese cards in there, so that partially answers my question. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

@quuador , thank you! I’m being partial to English at the moment and collecting Japanese cards where we do not have an English variant of the same art. I would be happy to help you make yours too! I’ve gotten pretty much all of the WOTC cards down but it’s the new ones that I’m going to have to do some further research to find. Not really branching out to look for the exclusive Japanese arts outside of the WOTC era though. If you ever decide you want to build your own, hit me up!

1 Like

That’s a dope concept!
What’s your favourite card in your collection?

2 Likes

This is a really creative collection. The art really stands out having these all together. I wanna pick up some of these now!

Just wondering though, is there a Pokemon in Island Hermit? I can’t see it.

@mykel , Haha! I should have pointed it out that I have a few trainers in there that I just like the artwork off. There is not a pokemon in island hermit, holon adventurer, or shadow triad. I just like the art. Kouki Saitou is one of my favorite pokemon artists so I had to throw a couple of his trainers in there.

@makeawish , Erica’s Kindness is my favorite trainer card. It’s the only trainer card that I have graded. My favorite card in my collection would probably be my Aquapolis Tyranitar holo. I guess if I had to pick one card to keep out of all of them that would be the one I kept.

1 Like

Those Gym set trainers really did have such great artwork. Love seeing them together, what a good collection theme

1 Like

@dizzylochs, I appreciate it! They really are highly underrated artworks

2 Likes

Nice profile picture. Now I want to be your friend.

1 Like

@nickofturl, Yo!!! Scyther gang!

2 Likes

Never was a fan of trainer cards myself, but this is a great collection!

2 Likes

@papafrankgod, I appreciate it! I never was a fan of trainers either until I realized the artwork was so good on a few of them.

@rush27, Really enjoy seeing your collection here! I always love little niche collection items because it really adds a certain character to someone that sets one apart from the rest of the heard, and with that it just creates the awesome variety that keeps the hobby thriving! Love to see this!

And to add, i have my own trainer collection as well which i should link one day when I can grab a picture. I do all professor elms cards and any trainers relating to the johto region :blush:

2 Likes

@dizzle24 ,Man, I really appreciate that. Gen 2 is my favorite gen too! I love johto themed trainers. You should totally link that collection. I would love to see it. I’m about to pick up that full art apricorn maker!

Cool collection!

1 Like