Cards with Team Rocket artwork

Hey guys. I’m looking to expand on my Rocket collection a little. Outside the obvious sets like Team Rocket or ex TRR, Gym Series or Neo Destiny.

I know there a number of reprints and full arts from newer modern sets.

I’m not familiar with BW, Diamond and Pearl to XY at all really but some of the art in those sets are fantastic. Surely a rocket one in there?

Does anybody know of any other sets or maybe a place that this sort of question has come up before? Maybe an archive?

Thanks

2 Likes

Rocket special case promos, here comes team rocket from evolutions

2 Likes

I have started to collect modern Team Rocket cards as they are very cheap and not too hard to find. These are the ones I am familiar with:

• Boss’ Orders (Rebel Clash)
  • Giovanni’s Exile (Hidden Fates)
  • Jessie & James (Hidden Fates)
  • Team Rocket’s Handiwork (Fates Collide)
  • Giovanni’s Scheme (XY Breakthrough)

If you like good artwork, Jessie & James is a very nice looking Trainer

2 Likes

There’s also Giovanni being sneaky in the background of Diglett and Rhydon from Unbroken Bonds (which both have card effects related to Giovanni’s Exile)!

2 Likes

Thanks! I hadn’t noticed this

1 Like

@nate Also just remembered that I thought Unbroken Bonds had Team Rocket in other artworks too, and after looking over the set really quickly, Koffing and Marowak also feature Rocket grunts/members

1 Like

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash_vs_Team_Rocket_Deck_Kit_(TCG)

1 Like

Just sat down and had a look through my binder collection of Unbroken Bonds. The set really has some nice artworks but it’s especially cool to see these Team Rocket grunts/members in the background.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. That Mimikyu GX has been added to my buy list

Some great call outs!

There is some great Rocket cards in the 1997, 1998 and 1999 Meiji sets.

And the Carddass Anime Collection also contains a number of them.