You wished to challenge me. Very well, but I shall not lose.

CONTENTS:

*The below links are spoilers, click to see contents.

[details=“shh”]

[/details]***[details=“POKEMON CHAMPIONS”]

[/details]**

shh

**[details=“GYM LEADERS”]

[/details]**

**[details=“NAMED TRAINERS”]

[/details]**

**[details=“UNNAMED TRAINERS”]

[/details]**

Hi there,

I’ve finally gotten around to starting this thread in earnest, super excited for this project.

The rules are:

1. I want every english pokemon card which features a trainer/person in the artwork. For example, Misty’s Staryu (gym heroes) doesn’t count as whilst it’s undeniably hers, she is not in the artwork. However, Misty’s tentacool (gym heroes) does count as she is in the artwork.
  2. I want to have where possible, a token trainer card by their pokemon. So for example, I may have Flannery from Chilling Reign next to her Torkoal from Cosmic Eclipse.
  3. Where possible, I’ll try and pick up holo/first edition/reverse holo versions.
  4. No restriction on which trainer to use, ideally, one that matches the art, I suppose, but no real preference on full art / same set, I guess it should be done on merits.

Firstly, having trawled through all the sets, this is my current list! Google link below, as I know viewing isn’t amazing.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11PeV5qylFfhI52Ew79ZlW-XB6vrfcfawOl8-4CS1wQ0/edit?usp=sharing

Since I’ve been started on this project, I’ve become a lot more attentive to spoilers as each new set that comes out, I’m scanning for trainer cameo’s.

I’ve allegedly managed to pre-order a Lance’s charizard for retail price, so over the moon over that!!!

For now, I’d like to start with some iconic characters that you may recognise…

Now, having gone through I am rather sad to say that the main card that hasn’t been printed in English that this set deserves, is a meowth card which has Jessie and James featured. This card does exist, but only in Japanese and currently my English only rule prevents this being eligible… Maybe, I’ll change my mind on this later.

However, I haven’t decided yet, which trainer card to use for Jessie/James or Giovanni.

Full art’s are always nice, but I think there’s an argument to be made for most of them. I haven’t actually checked which are available in english, I believe all of them… Fortunately/unfortunately the awesome briefcase limited edition giovanni with the persian was never printed in English, so I don’t have to remortgage the house!

If anyone has any votes on trainer choice, please let me know XD

I look forward to having more news shortly, in the meantime, I’m saving the penny’s for the rayquaza/Zinnia coming!

Much love,
Pentagon

21 Likes