Gotta Catch Em All-8 Months Searching-Fly to Texas-LeonHart

Awesome pickups. :heart_eyes: While I’m not a fan of signed cards, I feel like a signed slabs look great and they can be easily erased or reslabbed without ruining the card.

I still wonder if anyone will ever grade a Black Label BGS 10 Charizard. Even a Base Unlimited copy would probably bring serious money.

Congrats on your awesome purchase!

I was shocked so many people came and actually wanted to interact. All ages and sexes. They were asking all sorts of things and having me open their first packs for luck etc. Sure I get a lot of messages but to see it in person, especially in other parts of the country, was really humbling. I’m kind of private, like no social media etc, but even without that just the product and years of effort shines through.
The cool part was hearing dads say, “Hey Gary, I bought many times from you back in the day” or “you really helped me many years ago when I needed some mint Coro’s and Japanese stuff before anybody had them”.
I hope I don’t sound like I’m boasting cause I don’t mean to but it was really quite cool hearing all the comments.

Beyond all this, we should all keep in mind that what we do here on E4 as the top tier collectors and sellers is help promote the hobby and build lasting memories. Often times people ask if the bubbles going to burst or will the popularity ever die. Well, the way I feel is it’s up to you. From 2003-2007 there was very little interest in Pokemon. It could have completely faded away. Eddie and I had a different idea though. We innovated, competed, and supported the hobby 24/7 and I really believe that helped sustain the hobby until it’s natural growth kicked in. It’s kinda like if you have a son who’s a complete screw up but you stick with him and do what you can to help him then later he finds his path and crazily succeeds. The credit all goes to him through his hard work but he may have never made it to that point without you having been there.

15 Likes

People wanting you to open their packs for good luck made me smile. I’m glad someone so kind and generous is finally getting his dues!

3 Likes

Who is Eddie?
Mjisaacs

ebirdman.

Well, that’s nice to hear from the real brains behind E4;)

4 Likes

So are you part of the Hart Squad now Gary? :blush:

7 Likes

I helped promote his channel cause he was so nice to work for me and his charitable work. I’ll watch my episode for sure and hope I don’t look silly lol.

Congratulation!!! I am new here but I already know both of you (gary and Leonhart) from reputation, thanks to his youtube channel and pawn stars. I didn’t know that Leonhart was involved in charity work, it gives me a better image from him.
Can’t wait to see the video :blush:

1 Like

Thanks dark:)

Everything about this thread made me smile. Great stuff Gary and I’m glad to hear Leon was a great guy :blush:

1 Like

Leonhart must have been overjoyed to get to meet the man, the legend that is Gary!
I’ll check out the video when it comes out, can always use some more juicy shots of charizards :blush:

1 Like

Thanks Steph:)

Sounds like you had a really good day gary! Ill make sure to tune in to watch your interview.

1 Like

What a wholesome experience! Thank you also Gary,for putting in the effort to spread even more positive awareness of this hobby :blush:

Thanks brother:)

1 Like

Leon should visit this wonderful community from time to time. :grin:

I’m not a huge a fan, but he seems like a good guy. I’m definitely looking forward to the video!

1 Like

I was shocked to hear he does a video EVERY SINGLE DAY. I’m lucky if I can visit the loo every single day lol.
He’s not super knowledgeable in the expert realm of collecting but he makes up for that with his enthusiasm. I mean…there has to be some reason he’s nearly at a third of a million subscribers.

2 Likes