First product images of SWSH12 ''Silver Tempest'' revealed!

Link to pokebeach article

A first look at the final SWSH set, some great looking products in there and the pack arts look awesome!

O wise and benevolent Lord Arceus, bestoweth upon us thyne blessed bequeathal in the form of an alternate art Lugia card, amen :pray:

4 Likes

Super pumped for the chance at an alt art Lugia! Personally not a fan of the ETB. To me it looks like they copy pasted Alolan Vulpix over the Chilling Reign ETB design, but I’ve been known to disagree on ETB design before. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

the fact that the description of the set says lugia emerges from the ocean gives me hope for an underwater lugia alt

2 Likes

That Lugia is baller as hell.

1 Like

Personally most excited for the Unown VStar. Maybe it’ll have the whole alphabet in one card? I’m a sucker for chase cards for unique Pokemon.
I did see a comment on the article that was clever too, if the Unown V/VStar card only has the Unown V form in the art lol.

Also that Charizard UPC has an alt art of a VStar — I’m curious if that’s gonna be exclusive to just Charizard or if we’ll start seeing some alt art VStars before the end of SwSh era.

This as an alt art would be so good

I’m looking forward to the reveal of the presumed Lugia alt art. It will be fun looking at the image online, because that is as close as I’ll ever get to it.

2 Likes

The alt art Lugia has been recently leaked:

22 Likes

This has Shining Gyarados vibes with the Fisherman

7 Likes

I can’t make out who the trainer is, almost looks like Cyrus!

I could be wrong but my first thought was professor Willow from Pokemon Go. Odd choice of trainer regardless though, would’ve loved the Kimono girls from G/S. Great art still though!

1 Like

Wow! Really impressive.

Are we also expecting there to be an alt art Lugia Vmax or Vstar?

1 Like

There are no SA VMAX cards in any subset or core expansions this year (prior to VSTAR Universe/SWSH12.5), only SA V

2 Likes

It’s magnificent! Thank you oh mighty Lord Arceus :pray:

1 Like

Surely a reference to Moby Dick?!

2 Likes

Took me a bit to figure out what I was looking at, but that can be chalked up to not having the entire cup of coffee yet. I do like it, but it seems kind of weird compositionally?

I’m sure all that will be irrelevant once I see one in person, though

1 Like

It seems as though the half the card is under a shadow? The style is consistent for Kawayoo and reminds me of Zekrom from roaring skies.

The shadows and composition make Lugia’s thicc haunch the immediate focus of the card, at least to me. But Kawayoo is a great artist, no doubt:

I know the Lugia will be a beaut in person!

4 Likes

Hoping for a wailord v alt

2 Likes

The shadowy artwork reminds me a bit of Shadow Lugia, except way more beautiful:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes