First product images of SWSH12 ''Silver Tempest'' revealed!

Bahahah! FML. I was just thinking, about that binder @thsigma posted, and was glad it wasn’t by Kawayoo… Then I saw your post, and my wallet melted before my eyes. :melting_face:

This one is on par with style, content, and lighting with some greats for me: Shining Gyarados, Giovanni’s Scheme (rocket case), Lysandre full art, but that shading is insane! Might be a new favorite full art.

1 Like

Haha, this is the modern version of a team rocket theme Lugia or shadow Lugia as Quuador mentioned! Can only imagine the damage a swsh Team Rocket Returns 2 set would do to my wallet…

3 Likes

You and me both :joy: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I love the Lucia V art

I’m just now figuring out that Unown V and VSTAR have the Unown spelling out “V” and “VSTAR” respectively. This makes me incredibly happy for some reason because I was initially confused as to why they didn’t specify which Unown the card was for, haha.

4 Likes

Launch prices for Lugia Alternate art

2 Likes

I’m also seeing the Waifu tax is at all time highs

2 Likes

yep, just saw them sell out of a card store for 82000 yen lmao. giratina v walked so lugia v could run

Oh so now that Lance has a full art I am getting closer to being able to complete my full art Red/Blue/Green Gym Leader and Elite Four set. Just Surge and Lorelei left!

1 Like

So weve got pretty much the whole set list. Looks like lugia and wailmer will be the only 2 chase cards.

What are peoples thoughts on the set? I think its gonna be topheavy with not much into anything besides lugia unfortunately

I feel the same so far. The Unown is a pretty cool alt art I guess. I’m curious to see more of the character rares as I really like a lot of the ones from Lost Origin/Lost Abyss. On the Japanese side I’m personally picking up a Vstar Universe box and possibly skipping Silver Tempest all together.

I forgot about unown. I really like unowns but most people dont so idk how the card will do

1 Like

Yeah it unown what the card will do at this point…

3 Likes

There is a ton of negativity around this set already from the YT micro influencers. I think it will be a fun set to help close out SWSH

I dont mean to sound negitive. It seems like a decent set, its just that these modern sets have devolved into the 3 or 4 alt arts determining the entire sets worth and i was a bit let down with the non lugia and unown ones

1 Like

If you only narrow down to the chase cards, you stop yourself from appreciating all the other cards in the set. Silver Tempest has a mass of beautiful artwork drawn from Incandescent Arcana, Paradigm Trigger and what remains to be released of VMAX Climax

5 Likes

I was super pleasantly surprised by Lost Origin, hoping Silver Tempest closes us out nicely. That Lugia is a masterpiece. My boys Fennekin & Dragapult got no love in the Ultra & Gold department which isn’t surprising, but there’s still a few gems in there nevertheless. Like I was saying in the “what are you buying” thread, I think regular VMAX/Vs can be super underrated, Silver Tempest delivers on a few.

Yep just like @koala just posted, those Vs are good stuff.

I’m really preferring the silver borders on modern Japanese over English. It really looks so much sleeker to me.

1 Like