FedEx Shipping - Possible Lost PWCC Vault Shipment

You’re making a whole lot of assumptions here about a guy you don’t even know. I do agree that Dan’s whole story was a little suspicious (I even mentioned it earlier in the thread), but nothing has been “proven” and he certainly isn’t paying off FedEx employees. More than likely, he is just as confused as the OP.

More and more I’m starting to realize that people don’t understand what libel is.

4 Likes

Did an attorney tell you this or did a FedEx rep tell you this? If the latter, disregard the conclusion and talk to an attorney. If the former, I’m sorry to hear about this development :frowning: .

12 Likes

Both.

1 Like

Gonna be honest, Dan may not be legally obligated to do anything but if he wasn’t morally bankrupt he would at least give back some of the cards. He more than likely got a good deal on this collection so he could probably still make profit & give @mewtuw back some of his cards. @mewtuw was financially devastated by this situation & Dan making max profit of it would put his character into question.

Even if he doesn’t get any cards back I wouldn’t write this as a complete loss just yet. This is a viral story in the making, I could see a news organization or big youtubers jumping on this. If the greater public ever caught wind of this story it could be a PR nightmare for Fedex. So maybe just screenshot the listings of your cards for record & try getting the story out, may payoff someday.

1 Like

Dan bought the cards → Dan owns the cards

He is not responsible for this situation. He is just trying to run a business. This does not make him morally bankrupt. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

He is in possession of stolen goods. It does not matter if he bought them or not, he is handling stolen goods, which is illegal. He is at least partially responsible for the situation by (unknowingly) buying stolen goods.
I would not say he is morally bankrupt, but to say he was going to put these cards in a safe for 90 days and then relisting them after only a couple of days is not morally correct either.

The entire situation is just screwed in so many ways and I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The issue is that legally, the goods are not stolen. Once FedEX paid the insurance claim, they became the legal owners of the package and it was probably sold at auction somewhere (legally) before eventually coming into this Dan guy’s possession.

We can definitely argue over the moral nature of selling cards you know were part of someone’s collection which was lost in the mail. I personally think that’s quite a gray area. But it’s not illegal.

18 Likes

Somewhere along this thread a conclusion was made about these cards being stolen that I don’t see any evidence for. Things do get lost in the mail, labels get damaged etc. Items that are unable to be deliverd for whatever reason are sometimes sold of in lots, making the buyers technically legally the owner of said item.

9 Likes

That is an incredibly gray area indeed, what a terrible rule…
Still an incredibly screwed situation:(

I think it’s crazy how some people are trying to oversimplify this situation.

1.) Dan paid $80k for the cards. We aren’t talking eighty dollars here. We are talking EIGHTY THOUSAND.

2.) The OP already said that his rights to the cards were unfortunately surrendered once FedEx sent him the check for the claim, so it’s entirely possible Dan was made aware of this and was given the go-ahead to just go ahead and list the cards so he doesn’t have $80k of items sitting in storage for three months.

3.) None of us know Dan personally. None of us other than OP have spoken to him. We have no idea how he is feeling about the situation. It might just come down to him saying, “I feel awful about this, but I also have a business to run and bills to pay and I can’t just eat $80k.”

4.) Barring some unforeseen circumstance where Dan immorally came into possession of these cards (highly unlikely), he almost surely purchased them fair and square and in good conscience. He had no clue what he was about to get himself into at the time.

The guy can’t just say “oh well it’s only $80k. Here are your cards back.”

I’m not saying there isn’t a gray area here, but to say he is “morally bankrupt” is ridiculous.

Any and all ire should be directed toward FedEx and parcel services in general for continuing to get away with horrendous practices without having to burden the responsibility for it.

17 Likes

I haven’t reviewed every detail in this thread, but has there been any information from
Dan about who he bought the cards from?

Here is a post from OP explaining Dan’s story. Dan then got in contact with police. Police came and visited the store and nothing really came of it.

Definitely can be construed as a little suspicious (which I did allude to earlier in the thread), but I find it hard to believe Dan didn’t buy the cards in good faith. There is of course that five percent chance he did do something unethical to acquire them, but for people to be passing that kind of judgment on him and assuming he is some kind of scumbag is just wrong when no one even knows who this guy is.

2 Likes

I think I’ve already asked this but I’ll ask again.

Where does FedEx auction missing items? Is it publicly available?

Seems like a fumble if the cards were missing from tracking but somehow FedEx managed to auction it off for $80,000. Doesn’t that raise red flags. Like, wouldn’t that have been run though a list of open claims. Idk I’m just thinking out loud.

I think we can all agree on this: fuck fedex

22 Likes

If a mod can provide oversight I would like to help out. I’m not sure about the rules on this so just putting it out there.

Can we try to recover a card?

Yet, at the same time, we are all on a first name basis with Dan. The internet is a mystery.

3 Likes

FedEx probably sells crates full of these to a third party who hosts auctions. They don’t check the contents. So no FedEx didn’t auction the cards of for 80K. Source: I’ve seen a youtube video about it once.

The only reason he owns the cards is because this guy got absolutely screwed by Fedex. Legality aside I couldn’t in good conscience make massive bank off someone else’s misfortune where a person lost $250k without a little reimbursement at least.

You guys are acting like this guys business would go under if he gave like $10k worth of cards back. He obviously doesn’t have to do anything of the sort but 100% the ethical thing to do. If you think otherwise idc tbh. But you know damn well in a similar situation like sending a high value card to the wrong address you probably wouldn’t think highly of someone if they just sold it for profit rather than returning it & that’s all I’ll say.

1 Like

More than anything, I want to know how George got the cards. There has to be a way to contact him… :thinking:

Anger should be targeted toward FedEX. Anything beyond that is based on uninformed opinions and feels more like a Twitter Witch-hunt.

6 Likes