FedEx Shipping - Possible Lost PWCC Vault Shipment

If he purchased the cards from someone, there was a contract. It may have been oral, but purchasing anything is contractual by its nature. It’s as simple as that. If he thinks that he’s somehow less liable (to the extent that he is liable at all, which he might not be) because of the lack of a written contract, he’s going to be in for a rude awakening lol.

I’ll also reiterate what others have said and suggest following an attorney’s lead on this. Ideally not a second-rate local attorney, either – this actually could be a difficult issue to resolve because of the time that’s elapsed and the number of the hands that the cards may have passed through at this point. Contact someone who knows what he/she is doing; it’s worthwhile to pay more to ensure this actually gets resolved correctly. Good luck!

Store owner seems like a good guy

10 Likes

Crap! I just read through this thread…
Yes. Get an attorney, but this whole situation seems a perfect storm of decent people getting caught in bad situations. :sweat: Sounds like FedEx is ultimately responsible, but crime is a legal matter, not a logical one, and it may be that fedEx did nothing illegal here.

I also hope some kind of good can come from this, but to circle back to the beginning, it’s definitely a solid reminder to ensure my shipments.

1 Like

His word doesn’t mean squat. Talk to a lawyer!!!

Who’s to say he’s telling the truth? He might be cover up or fence for a criminal organization stealing mail. Talk to a lawyer asap. Talk to multiple lawyers!!! The seller is in possession of stolen property, you are entitled to the property, police are expected to investigate the crime too and if they’re worth their weight in donuts they’ll get the rest of your cards.

Hey there, I know it doesn’t mean much coming from some random person, but I hope at least something good comes of this (even just recovering part of your collection). I still remember your original post and was always hoping that the next update would be a positive one. It’s a horrible situation to be in, and I imagine navigating this new development is also really stressful, but we’re all rooting for you.

4 Likes

Hope FedEx goes out of business.

5 Likes

Ugh I feel for OP and that business owner. I can’t imagine they can just take an 80K loss easily, especially because there’s a chance they legally acquired the cards.

Huge red mark on FedEx though. I have to think there was a way for them to resolve this better for OP.

Hope things work out for you OP

4 Likes

Are items that are to be auctioned by FedEx available publicly?

Right I have a hard time believing FedEx. If they truly lost the package why wouldn’t they sent it where it was supposed to go or back to sender.

There is zero excuse even if someone passed away that they should be able to just sell someone’s package. I’ll never use FedEx after this story. I hope they crash and burn!

Once they issue a check for a claim, cashed or not. I think gives them the right to do what they want with it, if it were ever found. I really hope that I’m wrong though.

This is the worst policy I’ve ever heard. No one wants a check unless it’s for the full amount of the cards

1 Like

So…it was either auctioned off by Fedex due to an illegible label…or stolen and sold to someone else?

In any case, WHAT A NIGHTMARE.

Biggest fear in life as a collector for sure.

Looks like danssportscards re-listed a lot of the cards he had taken down from the spreadsheet. Breaks my heart man, sorry :broken_heart:

1 Like

It’s stories like these, I wish I was filthy rich with 80k lying around or it’s equivalent in a pokemon card to just give this dude. Just one of those stories of a bad thing happening to a good person and at 25? It’s impressive he built this collection in the first place. It hurts! But as someone else said, something good will come out of this, it takes time for that manifest.

1 Like

OR he runs a store and needs to pay his overhead, employees, insurance, etc.? Why are we vilifying this guy? $80,000 is a lot to sit on when you run a business and have bills to pay. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Good point - definitly not trying to vilify Dan, and I respect that’s a lot of overhead. My comment was more specific to Dan’s own words to Mewtuw.

It’s not been 90 days. So he’s not staying true to his word. So to me, that’s not a good sign of his integrity. Of course, it’s always possible that there’s been some other development we’re unaware of… but my comment was relating back to what Dan said he would do…

2 Likes

There are sure to be developments that we are not privy to and/or he listened to the local police who said shrug.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Came down to once FedEx cut the check for the claim - my rights to the contents of the package are omitted. I obviously disagree since it was never cashed. Another slap in the face throughout this entire process. Almost wish I never noticed them on his store.

Life goes on.

13 Likes

Fedex is complete trash. I avoid it whenever possible. They misdelivered one of my packages ($5700 value) and didn’t do shit about it. I was lucky that the recipient went out of their way to deliver it to me. Sorry to hear this, mewtuw.

8 Likes