A Collector's Nightmare, HELP!!

So I recently bought a PSA subscription, and used my voucher to send in the 15 most valuable cards I’ve accumulated over the summer (Insured at $1700 W/ Signature Confirmation) :

**- Skyridge Crystal Charizard Holo

• Treecko Gold Star
  • Mew Gold Star
  • Jolteon Gold Star
  • Kyogre Gold Star
  • Charizard Gold Star
  • CoroCoro Shining Mew
  • Neo Shining Mewtwo(Unl.)
  • Neo Shining Charizard(Unl.)
  • Japanese Base Set 'Zard
  • Rocket’s Snorlax EX
  • Both Expedition Reverse Holo 'Zards
  • Skyridge Gyarados Holo
  • Japanese Kyogre Gold Star(1st)**

And these cards were all mint to damn near mint, so I sent 'em in a flat rate box to the PSA P.O. box in Newport Beach CA (Number 6180). Anyways at the last stage of their journey the tomfuckery began, and my cards decided to get delivered and signed for at a random house in San Juan Capistrano CA. The tracking shows “ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658” and then “Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 1:28 pm on October 4, 2017 in SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA 92675.”. I went to the post office and sure enough it was delivered nowhere near where I sent it… They gave me GPS coordinates of where it was scanned “Delivered” and it was just some random house, the signature and the address box were both just filled with scribbles. So bottom line is that something very fishy just happened to my $3000-$5000 worth of cards and that’s sort of a huge bummer :slightly_frowning_face: Don’t think I’ll be seeing them again but hopefully USPS helps out, any recommendations would be amazing. Look up the tracking number VJ418421662US if you wanna see this nonsense.

PSA does have a package finder that you can use for those several days between when they receive them and when they enter them into their system. It is here www.psacard.com/myaccount/packagefinder/.

I checked and it doesn’t show your package as received. I would get right on the phone with USPS tomorrow about this. Get a case opened, an inquiry of whatever they call it. Mention the claim value and get the gears turning on this. I think that since the delivery zip code is clearly not the addressee zip code you can definitely win an insurance claim worst case scenario. It will really suck if that is the case losing all the cards obviously, but at least you won’t be 100% loss. I have seen crazy things with tracking in my thousands of shipments, early marked as delivery then actually delivered a few days later or packages going thousands of miles in excess of the shortest route, going cross country then backtracking and then making their way back to the destination, but I don’t think I have ever seen the final status like yours is currently showing then delivery to an incorrect zip code.

Best of luck. I would get on the phone with PSA tomorrow as well just to be safe. It doesn’t seem that they have it, but it couldn’t hurt to check with them. Be sure to update back here.

1 Like

I know its probably not what you want to hear right now, but to everyone who is sending stuff to psa, ALWAYS INSURE FOR MORE THAN ITS WORTH.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve opened a case with USPS and am waiting for a representative to call back in a few days, and I called PSA and they actually pointed out that something was very wrong with the tracking. My local USPS lady actually gave me a whole bunch of paperwork she said she wasn’t supposed to, including the GPS location of where it was delivered and the signature/address box of whoever signed for my package. Anyways it seems to me like somehow someone scammed the post office, which would probably be a very lucrative operation near the PSA P.O. box… Anyways yeah I’ll let you know what happens, maybe it was just a very intricate and unlikely series of mistakes?

So this was on its way to the newport PSA P.O box, and on the last day of it being in transit to Newport it ended up in “SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO”: 31 mins away, and got delivered to a random house? Something seems very wrong. That should never happen if it says P.O box on the damn address.

Indeed something is very wrong, the post lady double checked for me today and it was addressed to “PSA, P.O. Box 6180, Newport Beach CA. 92658”, so yeah something’s pretty fishy here, anyways I think I’ll win the case but it’d be nice if I could get a bit more than it was insured for considering the gross negligence, but not counting on it. Something tells me a postal worker is gonna lose their job over this, I mean how in the actual fuck do they bring it to the entirely wrong address, 30 minutes away from the correct P.O. box address, and let a random dude sign for it? It has to be intentional theft right? But then why wouldn’t the guy just scan it outside of the post office so it wouldn’t be so blatantly obvious? Everything about this situation perplexes and saddens me.

2 Likes

The person will most likely just send it back. The only people that could understand the value of those cards is some1 heavily invested in pokemon tcg, which is highly unlikely. They don’t know you, it doesn’t have their address on the package and have no reason to keep these cards.

Not to mention even if they know the value they’d have to be a terrible human being to keep it. But all and all the odds are in your favor imo and I think you’ll get them back. Hopefully you get a case soon too.

2 Likes

Yeah but they signed for a package that clearly wasn’t for them, wouldn’t they have just told the USPS worker to send them back? And if there’s a place to run a mail stealing scam, right next to the PSA P.O. Box would probably be optimal… Maybe I’m just assuming the worst but it all seems a little too coincidental, hopefully I get my cards back! Just not counting on it for the time being. On another note, if anybody happens to see that exact combo of cards listed from one seller, shoot me a message!

Dang, now here’s the eternal optimist lol. I hope you’re right brother. But why haven’t they returned it already? It’s been awhile.

1 Like

For other USA citizens reading this.
Always send “registered”. It costs 13.00 extra but has to get scanned from hand to hand to safe to hand. That way they KNOW in who’s possession it is at all times and the workers are less likely to swing with it.

3 Likes

Maybe Im a bit paranoid but THIS is exactly why none of my cards are psa graded. Someday I plan to physically go there myself, and that way cards stay w me at all times (no checked luggage either). Watching my cards get graded or at least physically taking them there and home is the only way I be sure they are not lost, stolen, damaged, misdelivered in transit.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. If it is a scam, you know their address so they can’t be too smart…

1 Like

Who knows, maybe they were curious, checked the package and just haven’t gotten around to sending it back… it’s the more likely scenario at least. I’ll be on the lookout for those cards though.

From your lips to Gods ears :wink:

3 Likes

Nightmare scenario! Hope you get your cards back!

lol

From what I’ve been told in the past, they might get written up.

Postal insurance doesn’t work this way as far as I am aware. There needs to either be receipts or some solid evidence of the value of the item to get the insurance. Could be wrong, but I am pretty sure.

3 Likes

I’m going to add: It’s not worth doing at least in Germany. You have to have a purchase receipt or proof of their value (Sold Listings) to get that money. If you’re insuring 1500$ cards for 3000$ and you can’t prove they’re worth 3000$, you will not get 3000$.

1 Like

Oh, just saw this. Yeah, from my experience (Germany) this is exactly how it is. I called the postal office and asked specifically what would happen if my stuff were to be lost.

I actually sent 2 submissions (1 very recently) through first class and they both made it fine xD

Now that I think about it, first class mail may be the best disguise for high valued cards.

1 Like