Help! Stolen PSA Cards. **Major Recovery Update**

I would buy one just to get his address then roll up on him. So sorry this happened to you and best of luck. This is fuckery.

2 Likes

What city do you live in?

2 Likes

The obvious problem with that is the address the seller would need to send it to would be identical to where he supposedly stole the cards from. I’d suggest @pokeaddict84 to have someone he really trusts buy the cheapest buy it now item and secure the address that way. Be sure to also involve the police if you have proof of ownership of the cards that were stolen from you if they match with what this dude is selling.

1 Like

I live in Riverside CA. I had a PSA 10 gold star flareon, PSA 10 1st edition shining ttar, PSA 9 crystal lugia, psa 9 crystal ho-oh, and psa 9 reverse crystal charizard stolen.

Ive seen 2 of these cards with stock images from a new account come up in my home town.
www.ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-Pokemon-Flareon-Gold-Star-Ex-Power-Keepers-2007-Ultra-Rare-/312411304445?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720
www.ebay.com/itm/Lugia-Aquapolis-2003-Secret-Rare-Holo-PSA-9-/312405389879?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720
He basically just used reused stock images of cards that have been sold on ebay in the past few months. Seems incredibly suspicious that 2 rare cards that got stolen from me are being sold in my town from a brand new account with fake images… I wish I could contact the buyer of the Lugia to get the cert number.
Certs of cards I’m missing…2751361928888489217417312825536127513620

Do you have a police report filed with those certification numbers listed? If not, take a trip to the police station and do that today. That would help your cause.

In the event that any others come up try having a friend or family member buy them so that you can verify upon receipt if in fact they are your cards. I doubt you’ll have too much luck just chasing down obscured usernames.

4 Likes

I actually think OP’s approach is much smarter, trying to first check if the sold PSA 9 Crystal Lugia was his stolen one, he would very likely have already found the thief. This way he could fill claim with a major suspect. Because I doubt the police can do much if someone shows up with only the cert. number of stolen cards.

Looks like he was privy to you being onto him. Less than an hour after your original post, the seller removed all listings from ebay.

Argh GDI! He bought one item from the seller “alotofrookies”. Maybe he can give me some info.

@chappo police reports are filed all the time for break ins with lists of what is missing and no suspect at all. That could be added down the line. I had friends in college who were broken into and their insurance required police reports to pay anything out. It is a great place to start, and trying to play detective on your own, and potentially visiting any addresses you may come up with on your own is a pretty bad idea and can end poorly.

I’m not sure if OP has homeowners or renters insurance policies. But some of the value of these cards could potentially be covered through either, though collectibles notoriously have low insurance limits if riders have not been purchased.

3 Likes

I just think that having a major suspect right when you fill the report is a benefit, it will certainly save time and time might be crucial in such a case.
Btw OP probably has already filled a report…

Was anything else stolen? A random burglar likely wouldn’t know pokemon cards could hold value. If someone robbed my house and stole valuable pokemon cards I would absolute think I was robbed by someone I personally know. Sounds like you have been personally targeted, especially if they removed their ebay listings immediately after you post about it here. Who knows you had those cards?

1 Like

I’m the buyer of the Lugia. Cert number is 28888489 so I think it’s yours.

Edit: I still have the box! I thought I recycled it but I found it in the bin. I’ll be PMing you with details. I don’t know whether I should publicly post the name here…

18 Likes

Yes PM me the info I’ll get the police involved right away

5 Likes

the guy is probably shitting bricks as we speak
btw I would not post updates on the case, there is a chance he is reading this thread after he took down the listings because of your post. Just inform us please after the investigations are closed :blush:

3 Likes

Oh snap! This is amazing! I can’t believe yu may have actually caught him! Staying tuned in! Let us know if you get all the cards back! Hope you do man! Rooting hard for you! @pokeaddict84,

1 Like

I was thinking the same. He only targeted high value Pokemon cards?
I would be cautious when telling close friends or relatives about the value or details of your collection, for while they may not try anything, they may tell someone else who will.
I am so sorry this happened to you. I think all of us collectors have had this fear.

@pokeaddict84, Message me the information. If there is something definitive here we can add them to the Blacklist.

3 Likes

Get a safe gents and gals

1 Like

media.giphy.com/media/1dMN5yXgiSIup2aAwY/giphy.gif

Detective Pikachu is on the case !

12 Likes

I hope the police helps you resolve this issue and that you get your cards back!

What a stupid person though. You’d think they would crack the cases open. How can someone even expect to get away with this?