Evolving Skies Market Watch

In the long run, I feel like it will overtake ES because of that fun factor and the good pull rates.

Sealed speculators can only sell to each other for so long without any product being opened.

And honestly the chance that you get anything good out of opening Sword & Shield - Evolving Skies is so low that it just will never be worth it at a certain point. Heck, it isn’t even worth it now. Maybe that should even extend to Sun & Moon onwards.

Low pull rates is what keeps modern from imploding. Plus sealed collectors dont always want to open stuff

Also there will always be people willing to pay 1k for a pack of deoxys only to get a 10$ crawdaunt. Pull rates become irrelevant as time goes on

The Deoxys pull rate and really any pre-SM pull rate is leagues better than anything after.

Interesting to see where it will go, but I do think it will matter because of how bad they are from SM onwards.

I know and id never suggest it would reach deoxys rates but relatively could someone pay 50$ for a pack to try to pull a 1500$ card in 10 years. Yeah i could see that

I just opened an evolving skies ETB and ended up with 2 regular Vs, rates are horrendous.

Getting 2 “hits” out of 8 packs is not bad for a sw/sh set. I definitely feel bad for you. Spending £40 (or however much an ETB costs in your country) to end up with 2 regular Vs and maybe a holo is super disappointing and it’s why I stopped opening sealed product (except the occasional booster box).

1 Like

I take it back. Even high pull rates CZ is fun. I dont think itll pass ES but its cool

2 Likes

Those are some great pulls. Well done!

1 Like

VSTAR > ES > CZ but I really can’t explain why

3 Likes

8x Regi boxes
Shoutout to @mcorey777 for letting me know some madman was selling boxes at less than retail during ebay bucks because otherwise there is a 100% chance I would have skipped the set

2 Likes

Not a problem! Crown has been a blast. I did manage to summon 7 Evolving Skies etbs to me somehow some way. Tempted to open them but Evolving skies is a make or break set. Out of 7 etbs I’d have to pull the Umbreon or Rayquaza Vmax. Even if I hit the Glaceon or Leafeon Vmax it’s still way under the cost of 7 etbs especially if I go off current going rates. When I looked them up last night they are going for $75 range a Etb. Two packs of the different Etb arts for $150

Small Update:

Booster boxes are $340-$360 on TCGPlayer and eBay. The number of sellers listing 36 sleeved blister packs (what you find in big-box stores) is astounding.

Also the 36 loose packs from tins and boxes, as they sell for event lower then the blister or sleeved packs.

LGS told me he can’t get them thru his network for less than $350

Where are all these sleeved packs coming from??

Stores like target never have them, but sometimes walmarts and grocery stores do. To me, this sort of makes me think they were not reprinted, rather just some stores have worse inventory management

1 Like

Just kind of strange all those stores are somehow stocking them around the same time

1 Like

I still havent seen any in the wild. except at my local flea market. He said he has had the case a while. And he sold them at 5$ each (pretty close to retail of 4$) but has since gone to 6$ and i stopped buying. Now in 5 years im sure ill kick myself for avoiding them at a 1$ price hike but who knows.

I think a lot of it is people offloading sleeved online because they want to capture the gain but dont have boxes to sell too

1 Like

Anyone seeing ETBs at Walmart? Seen a couple post elsewhere about this

New youtube video from Danny Phantump discussing Evolving Skies market prices, pull rates vs. average values from booster boxes, etc. Interesting watch: Evolving Skies is OUT OF CONTROL...and It's Just Going to Get WORSE! - YouTube

Reprint soon? One can only hope :pray: