Evolving Skies Market Watch

I sold a couple boxes at $230, a few more at $260 and recently one for $290.
This set is 16 months old. There will be a reprint, IMO. Boxes probably won’t go below $150-$180 but I think they will reprint it.

1 Like

I’ve started selling off my boxes at around $290 the past few days. I could be dead wrong but I really cant see TCPI letting a standard rotation booster box hit $350+ and not hitting it with a reprint.

Now i don’t think it will be a massive reprint like the one they did around Celebration’s release. That sent ES BBs down to around $105ish from $180ish.

1 Like

Ultra Prism got that high while still in rotation iirc. I may be misrembering though.

1 Like

That set had some weirdly late reprints too

Yeah that’s right. And to Lily fans dismay, I believe they were pretty small. I want to say that set bottomed out at $200/box during those reprints.

Ultra Prism did get that high, the BB reprint was strangely late for it too.

Case of 6 booster boxes sold $2100 on eBay auction. $350 a box.

I was just going to come back to this and mention a similar thing. My LGS is selling ES boxes for $450 CAD a box now. I managed to buy one for like $129.95 + 7% loyalty discount back in early 2022. I guess I should have bought a case, but I mainly wanted it to just open/enjoy at some point or to keep long-term.

Crazy price for modern box!

1 Like

Was it probstein? Cause i wouldnt bother with any of their data. Itll be relisted in a week

2 Likes

yeah it’s nuts, seeing the 450 CAD price tag on the EVS bbs.

1 Like

I’m going to change the title of this thread :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Ive been selling my boxes for $325ish. Pretty crazy lol.

I think lowest listed on tcgplayer is like $340 right now.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 9.57.40 AM

This is madness. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

At least it’s not just me. Last year probstien123 relisted all the cards I won saying they were lost… When I mentioned this the common response I got is: “Probstein has always been good with me I’ve bought plenty of cards thru them. They are just a big busy company.”

4 Likes

This is tempting me to sell mine. Which would I rather have a case of evolving skies, or almost a full psa 9 scream set? :thinking:

4 Likes

Depends what you like to look at more, cardboard boxes or beautiful artwork.

3 Likes

Well when you put it that way… lol

1 Like

My response was a bit tongue in cheek, but I genuinely would choose the scream promos. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m actually thinking it should be the opposite, the larger the company, the better the service. being big and busy company is no excuse for getting cards lost. Sad, they lost your cards…

Oh I know :slight_smile: I am getting tempted to sell for just that reason. Cardboard boxes can be good for stonks, but they’re pretty boring to look at.

2 Likes