E4's Favorite Umbreon TCG Card - RESULTS!

I want to thank everyone for participating. I can almost guarantee you’ll be surprised by some of these. I know I was. Keep in mind, everyone was allowed to pick up to 5 cards

I’d like to do this again, this time for Rayquaza. I will open the first round of polling tomorrow most likely so that the final results conclude on Sunday.

And now, the results with 104 participants
slow roll for maximum suspense…

• 3 way tie for #17 (5 votes)
    Magma v Aqua/Sandstorm, Prime, sv3 (Ruler of the Black Flame/Obsidian Flames)

• 2 way tie for #15 (6 votes)
    BW-P (Eevee/Sylveon Collection Promo), EX SR

• (a poetic) 2 way tie for #8 (19 votes)
    Tag Team GX SA, VMAX SA

which leaves…

• #1 (with a very nice 69 votes)
    roughly 2/3 of participants’ top 5
    Vs Series - Karen’s Umbreon

original post:

I’ve ended the first round after almost 100 votes and eliminated the ones with the least number of votes, so if you don’t see one, you can reference the original results here:
E4's favorite Umbreon TCG Card (Round 1/2)

• To try and give the most accurate general consensus of which arts are e4’s favorites, I felt it would be better to allow everyone to choose more than one favorite.
    -You can choose up to 5 cards

• Even though the shiny full art was just barely short, I thought it would be better to include it in this list than to not.
    -Similarly, I’ve added the Dark Rush/Dark EXplorers AA that was featured in the eevee promo boxes since it too is a unique art.
    -I did not do this with the yu nagaba promo since it was one of the least voted
    -I also did not include the “V AA” because I think some were confused and thought this was the V SA (Special Art).

• I will close this poll in roughly 48 hours.
    -At that time, the results will be made public.
    -I will edit the title and this post to show the winners from least to most popular in a count down sort of way, so for maximum suspense, start at the top and work your way from 25 to 1 :slight_smile:

• I want to thank everyone for participating.
    -I’d like to do more of these after this one.
    -I’m thinking either Rayquaza or Mew would be interesting since they have so many arts, but we could also do Espeon next just to knock out both Johto Eevees. LMK your thoughts and any feedback you have on my methods.

• Neo 2/Discovery (Holo)
  • Neo File 2/Discovery (Non-Holo)
  • Vs Series (Karen’s Umbreon)
  • The Town on No Map/Aquapolis (Night)
  • P-Promo (Aquapolis AA/Day)
  • Split Earth/Skyridge
  • Magma vs Aqua/Sandstorm
  • Golden Sky, Silvery Ocean/Unseen Forces (ex)
  • Play!/Pop Series 5/25th Anniversary/Celebrations Classic Collection (Gold Star)
  • Reviving Legends/Undaunted (Prime)
  • Call of Legends (Undaunted AA)
  • Dark Rush/Dark EXplorers
  • BW-P Eevee Collection/Sylveon Collection (Dark Rush/Dark EXplorers AA)
  • All-Night Party (Stadium Cameo)
  • XY-P Gym Night Battle/BREAKpoint Blister Promo
  • Awakening Psychic King/Fates Collide (EX SR Full Art)
  • Karen (Supporter Cameo)
  • Hidden Fates/GX Ultra Shiny (GX SSR Shiny Full Art)
  • Unified Minds/Umbreon & Darkrai Starter Deck (GX Regular Art)
  • SM-P/Tag All Stars (GX SR Special Art)
  • Eevee Heroes/Evolving Skies (V Special Art)
  • Eevee Heroes/Evolving Skies (VMAX Special Art)
  • VMAX Climax/Brilliant Stars (V Character SR/TG)
  • VMAX Climax/Brilliant Stars (VMAX Character SR/TG)
  • Ruler of the Black Flame/Obsidian Flames
0 voters
9 Likes

i refuse on principal to vote for that stupid Moonbreon AA

13 Likes

Bonus Poll:
Will Moonbreon (VMAX Special Art) make top 10?

• yes
  • no
0 voters
1 Like

Great followup and glad to see there is engagement with these threads.

Looking forward to future ones, such as what is the best Moltres and why is it Skyridge?

4 Likes

The vmax alt art hate is very reminiscent of charizard hate just because its so popular. I dont own nor do I plan on buying it, but I think its a fantastic art that deserves the love it gets.

1 Like

i agree. i just don’t think it’ll crack the top 10. we’ll see

1 Like

Still think RCV could be the best. This one says you can create for free and it has up to 30 options per question. https://www.rcv123.org/

Maybe start with a nomination period for Pokemon that have more than 30 cards.

Each member can only nominate one card for consideration. If there are more than 30 then whichever is least liked gets dropped.

For reference there are 50 Pokemon with more than 30 English cards and 95 with more than 25 - assuming there are at least 5 JP exclusive cards. Though of course I doubt a lot of cards will get nominated anyway since there are a lot of crap CGI and stuff in there.

1 Like

isn’t RCV mostly useful for determining a majority? I was considering the benefits of RCV in this poll by allowing people to choose more than one. This way, whichever is chosen the most, regardless of it is the most people’s number one favorite would be determined as the most popular.

I think it’s a good fit for favourite polls in the sense that it takes into account overall ranks/depth of popularity? And then it should provide the order automatically.

Is a poll even necessary, when Neo Discovery (holo) Umbreon is factually and objectively the greatest Umbreon of all time?

If Moonbreon wins, I’m going to pull a Kanye West during the awards ceremony.

EDIT: In case my humor doesn’t translate, this post is meant to be taken light-heartedly.

4 Likes

I choose XY96 Umbreon and holy grail Moonbreon! :heart::heart::smile:

…and due to the fact that not many people bought it when it was around $100-200+ price range during the Aug-Nov 2021 period. They were mostly hoping it would crash and kept saying it was hyped. They chose not to buy it then. Their choice. Who to blame now?

What they can’t get, they trash.

*Yes I’m one of those lucky ones who got Moonbreon raw for US$230 in Oct 2021. Not really because I was lucky but actually because I’m observant enough to notice Moonbreon was slowly overtaking Rayquaza vmax alt art in price. My initial top chase card for ES was Rayquaza vmax alt art, actually honestly I think Ray is more beautiful than Moonbreon because of the forestry and mountains in the background.

Moonbreon is great art IMO, but there is something about the VMAX special arts that is off-putting to me. I think it’s the size of the Pokemon and how out of place it looks compared to the rest of the art. For what it is, it’s excellent, and I certainly think it should be in the finals, but it’s not in my top 5.

2 Likes

Erm… it’s Vmax. Of course it’s oversized. :man_shrugging:

And I quote:

• “The Vmax cards are meant to mimic Dynamax and Gigantamax mechanics that appear in the Galar region . This special battle style allows a player to super-size their Pokémon when battling over a Power Spot in the Sword and Shield games.”

Yes, I know what a VMAX card is.

13 Likes

yeah two of these feel really weird compared to the others

2 Likes

its up there for sure. if i had to guess, i’d guess it’ll get 1st or 2nd after Vs series

it’ll also be interesting to see which gets the least amount of votes. I could see it being the SSR or maybe the BW-P eevee collection promo

i’ll look into it. Maybe there is a way to embed it into the thread here. I feel like engagement would drop off so much more if people had to click a link in order to participate, but then again, that doesn’t stop participation in the tier maker threads.

Can’t wait to see what comes out in the top 3. Hopefully I vote for at least something in there. Because I know I don’t share the same opinion with what a lot of people consider the best Umbreon arts.

4 Likes

I do think moonbreon is a really nice artwork, probably in my top 5. But nothing beats Umbreon Gold star.

1 Like