E4 Secret Santa 2016 [PICTURE THREAD]

Might as well pack it up and end voting before it starts, looks like the winner was just posted!

Ohh god that plaque RST gave Pratte is wicked dope!

That printed diploma looks amazing! Awesome gift :blush:

Just to say I picked mine up today and was blown away with my gift, pictures to come tomorrow as Iā€™m off to bed now. Also whoever send it to me please make yourself known!

1 Like

Went to post mine today after I got off work [late] and rocked up to the post office a couple of minutes after it had shutā€¦ My SS gift is shipping Monday arvo :blush:

Got mine all ready to send out hopefully tomorrow or if not, Monday!

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the gifts, be sure to post the pics :grin:

Iā€™m feeling a bit sick at the moment I think I picked up a @viral infection but my SS arrived today donā€™t know if the two are related, will upload some picks in a couple of hours :wink:

4 Likes

Yaaaaaaay I got past quarantine. Was definitely starting to worry then xD

2 Likes

Admittedly, thats kind of hilarious XD;;

2 Likes

Merry Christmas @viral thanks a bunch mate :blush: You can never have too many Hiroshima Gyarados :grin:, that energy was tripping me out with no set number or text on the front and then I realized it must be a JP base set energy? Which is the perfect canvas for the awesome POP 1 Gold Gyarados Art Promo :wink:. Sexy unlimited E4 possibly has a shot at a 10 will send her to be imprisoned and let you know the consequences!

10 Likes

No worries mate! I bought the Hiroshima and then realised you already had it, but itā€™s easily one of my favourite gyarados cards and so sent it anyway. Now you need to work on a page of hiroshimas :wink:. Yep itā€™s a base jp energy. I picked both out as potential 10s (the ereader was originally in my psa pile) so definitely let me know how they get on!

1 Like

@shizzlemetimbers Must be a viral infection indeed. Your excitement is contagious!

1 Like

I got my Secret Santa gift! Thank you so much @quuador it really felt like Christmas opening this! :grin:

First of all I was amazed by the effort of putting Finnish to the package:

And then here are the messages and order of opening what was inside:

And thenā€¦ the drawings! The finished drawing is just amazing! *-* Iā€™ve already put it to the wall and it will stay there during the whole holiday season. Let me tell you, I had a great smile on my face when I saw it. :blush:

And then to the cards! That jumbo card is so pretty and Iā€™ve actually been looking for one but never bought it so that was a perfect choice! Iā€™ve also been looking for the delta Latias and a CP6 Charizard as mine had a bend so I couldnā€™t grade it but I will definitely grade this one :blush: I really liked those foreign cards too, Korean and Spanish are completely new to me. Including those energies was a funny idea and Iā€™m spotting 2 of them are in Portuguese so I really like that. Again, thank you so much for the gift @quuador *-*

7 Likes

Hi @xzini ,

Glad you like it. I was a bit annoyed that the cards are in worse condition than I was expecting, which is why I added a bunch of others. Still, Iā€™m glad you like it, and also that you havenā€™t bought these cards yourself in the mean-time.

Hehe, I hope Google-translate got it correct, because I donā€™t speak a word Finnish myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, the ā€œEnergiaā€ are Italian (and ā€œEnergĆ­aā€ are Spanish). A.f.a.i.k. XY Evolutions hasnā€™t been released in Portuguese. Although you are correct that Portuguese Energies are usually also ā€œEnergiaā€, just like the Italian ones (not sure how youā€™d see the difference if the set would be released in Portugueseā€¦ :confounded: I know with the Base Set Energies you can look at the Ā©-year: Ā©1999 = Portuguese; Ā©1999-2000 = Italian, but for newer sets I donā€™t know.)

Anyway, once again happy holidays, and enjoy the cards. Iā€™ll keep an eye on your collection thread to see what grades the cards you will send will get. :blush:

Greetings,
Kevin

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the nice sweet shirt @funmonkey54. I love what it is made from. So smooth and nice feel and a nice simple design. All my favorite about shirts.
Had to model the shirt.
Merry Holidays to all!

11 Likes

All the gifts received so far have been awesome! :open_mouth:
Canā€™t wait to go home and finally receive mine! Iā€™ve been wading through this sea of exams and soon Iā€™ll be home to check!

1 Like

Took a couple days to get it from my P.O. box. Took a couple more to open it since I hadnā€™t yet sent mine out at that point. (Got it sent out Friday). Then I took a couple more days to finally take photos. Crazy busy around here this time of year. At work, personally and on eBay sales.

After all that, all I have to say is wow! Thank you @joetehman ! What an awesome gift. Something I have been wanting/needing for a long time in the Chinese 1st edition base packs. The Korean 1st ed PSA 9 holos, mario pikachu, and 4 altered cards are just frosting on the cake! Sick drawing too!

Thanks again so much and I hope my recipient enjoys their gift half as much as I enjoyed mine. To do the photo some justice, I am going to look into image hosting sites soon and try to get registered as this photo is the best I can do with the 1MB limit. This secret santa gift will finally be the thing to push me into higher quality photos on here.

Edit: fixed booster pack set

8 Likes

Oh thanks for clarifying that! :blush: Itā€™s the same in Portuguese so thatā€™s why I mixed it up. I didnā€™t even know Evolutions wasnā€™t released in Portuguese at all so thatā€™s an interesting fact, I wonder why

Glad you liked everything! The boosters are actually 1st ed Chinese! (Which I think you needed as well) I am probably the worst artist alive, so I somewhat cheated and youtubed how to draw _________. Everything came out above my expectations, except Pikachuā€™s face.

1 Like