DizzyLochs' Stadium Collection - 2 Yellow Envelopes

:slightly_smiling_face: Yo all :blush:
Been meaning to get around to this for a little bit, so here’s the progress on my collection of stadium cards.

My goal is to collect as many English/Japanese stadiums (+ any additional languages that have unique variations other than language) as possible. I’ve been at it for a few months now, having a good time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why stadiums? As a kid I always liked the stadium cards and had the back couple pages of my binder reserved for any I could find. I thought it was cool seeing the physical spaces where Pokemon battles would take place and thinking about how the different features of each stadium would affect the battles.

I recently started collecting again and thought I should look into all the stadiums I missed as a kid and all the new ones that were to follow. After picking up a few I thought I’d be able to put together a good stadium collection, then thought, how many stadium collectors can there be and I bet eventually I could have the worlds premier stadium collection, which would be bangin.

- - - -

- - - -

To kick it off here’s some scans of all the cards (more or less in release order) i’ve gotten so far, currently sitting at 138.
Higher res version, if you’d like to zoom in on any

- - - -

Here’s some of the more interesting ones from each language.

• Along the top we’ve got 2 Japanese exclusives, firstly Koga’s Ninja Gym, a CoroCoro promo.
  • Then an alternate art version Ultimate Zone given out to people who bought 2 booster packs of the Advent of Arceus set.
  • A holo version of Battle Tower given out as a participation prize. It also features the Beat of the Frontier set logo.
  • Finally the CoroCoro version of Battle City, which shows the magazine’s dragon mascot behind the text, which is great.
  • For our English cards there’s the 10th anniversary version of Space Center given out at the Houston Space Center.
  • A Pokemon League version of Broken Time-Space with the crosshatch holo pattern.
  • A staff stamped Champions Festival from worlds 2016.
  • As well as a staff stamped Chaos Tower from the Pokemon National Championships.

- - - -
Then some classics, that I’ve got a lot of love for.

• 5/8 of the regional Lucky Stadium promos along the top.
  • Along the bottom we got some of the first stadiums printed that are from the Japanese Gym City Decks which don’t have any rarity symbols.

- - - -
Then finally probably my 3 biggest hitters at the moment.

• First up a 1st edition grey stamp Cerulean City Gym, that I believe has passed through the hands of a couple of the members on here.
  • Then a Semi-finalist stamped Champions Festival from Worlds 2013.
  • And finally an English Champions Festival from 2018 with an error stamp, printed in the wrong place that I picked up for a bargain in a set of the 8 different languages this cards come in ^^.

- - - -

That’s everything so far, I look forward to updating this post when new things come in.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look :grin:

You can track my progress here - DizzyLochs’ Stadium Check List
If you spot anything I may have missed, wrong info or things I’ve included that don’t exist, let me know.
Any and all comments welcome on that note.

Cheers
Loch

44 Likes

What a neat collection idea! Loved hearing about your thoughts behind starting the collection and seeing all of them together, good luck as you continue to hunt down the ones you’re missing :blush:

5 Likes

Love the theme and the individualist perspective for both collecton and this posts layout. Inspiring.

1 Like

Love your stadium collection @dizzylochs ! Awesome story behind it that makes it personal and from the heart! I’m also a sucker for that rebranded Pokémon Stadium intro screen, very nostalgic and obviously very fitting.

1 Like

Cheers, I’m real happy with the way it came out.

Thanks for the kind words @merciersj & @kurtosisblakeinfini

1 Like

Very cool idea, lots of great looking cards

1 Like

Nice collection progress, Loch! I especially like the grey stamp and misplaced stamp errors. :blush:

Also love hearing the story of why you started collecting them!

And this sounds familiar when I started collecting again:

Although I did knew there would be quite a lot of Pikachus to collect, which was actually one of the reasons I started, so it would keep me busy for a while.

Keep it up. Good luck with your collection goals! :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Thanks @quuador

Haha, well hopefully that puts me on the same collection trajectory as your Pikachu one.

Appreciate all your help so far :blush:

1 Like

Yo All, here’s some of the recent October additions :blush:

- Up top -****- Picked up some more of the full art goldies now that they’ve dropped in price a bit.

- Down low -

• A corrected Rocket’s Minefield Gym, one of my favourite WOTC stadiums and the only gym with a corrected error.
  • Picked up my first graded card, a PSA 10 promo Battle tower. Haven’t been too interested in PSA yet as funds are limited, but picked this up in auction for the same price as raw, so couldn’t resist. It does feel nice tbf.
  • Finishing up with a reverse Underground Lake, love Midori Harada’s stadium illustrations.

Shout out to the texture on the metal plates floor on the Power Plant

Loch x

6 Likes

Yo all :slightly_smiling_face: we back with another stadium update.

Recently splashed out a little and picked up a listing for 4 sets of the multiple-language Champions Festival promos that are given out to competitors during each World Championship Tournament. It was for all the odd years including 13’, 15’, 17’ & 19’.

At the moment I only collect English and Japanese cards. I reckon one day when the EN and JP cards are far more completed i’ll start looking to add more languages, but that’s a pretty big thing and i’m in no rush. But with that in the back of my mind, how could I not buy the complete language sets

The 2013 set, which was the first printing of Champion’s festival was released in a little folder, cute. All the following sets come in your more common plastic packs. 13’ & 15’ both contain 7 cards and 17’ & 19’ have 8, with the added language being Korean.

Here’s a look at the 2013 folder -

Here’s the English and the Japanese prints from each set -

Love the reverse worlds stamp on the 2015 Japanese print

Cheers
Loch

5 Likes

Yo all

Picked up a Pokemon Plaza, one of the two JUMBO stadiums cards. I’ve never had any interest for jumbos in the past, but holding this thing is fun. Done a 180, all for them now. Can’t wait to pick up the other, Pokemon Valley.

- :tada: -

Found the two reverse holos from Ex Deoxys. The RHs in this set are very susceptible to serious warping and these are some of the least warped I’ve come across, so was glad to pick them up.

Not the biggest fan of the holo pattern, but it is definitely one of the more interesting patterns, especially amongst the stadiums. The only one that I can think of that competes is the Battle Frontier from Ex Emerald, which I think is pretty good.

Loch :blush:

6 Likes

Yo all,

A couple of nice cards arrived today, first up is a top 16 Champions Festival from 2013. Then the one i’m more excited about is this unlimited World Champions Pack Glacia’s Stadium. I’ve been keeping an eye out for any of the 5 unlimited stadiums from WCP and this is the first one that i’ve seen come up.

It’s fun that the 4 of the 5 are the Hoenn Elite Four, so pose an appropriate challenge. The 5th is Battle Frontier, which I know @quuador is also on the look out for, so can’t see myself getting all these any time soon. Anyway, glad they’ve arrived.

Loch x

3 Likes

What an awesome idea for a collection! I took a look at your list of missing ones and I noticed that I may have a niche little stadium card you’re missing haha. Im not sure if you’re actively searching for it, but figure if you need it, I’d love to help you on your quest! Its a japanese Indigo Plateau (the l-p one). if you’re in search of one, just let me know! Either way, an amazing collection, best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you like it. That Indigo Plateau’s a great card, big fan of the type over the illustration. I’m a bit too broke at the moment, but will keep you in mind when i’m looking to pick one up. Cheers

1 Like

No problem! Figure I’d check just in case. I know how annoying it is to search for missing collection pieces lol

Yo all,

Progress has been a little slow lately due to holidays sucking up the ££’s, but there’s a couple of little things i’d like to post here.

Super glad to get my first signed card, a Chūbu region Pokemon Pal City. I already posted it in the Fukuda signed cards thread, but wanted to post it here too. Another big thanks to all those involved in making it happen.

Also recently picked up the first SW&SH stads; Turffield Stadium and Training Court from VMAX Rising.

Loch x

Edit: Added some card details

6 Likes

I really like that card on the right! 5ban graphics have grown on me!

1 Like

@smpratte, yea agreed! To be honest, despite the fact that most of their pokemon art is pretty uninspiring; they’ve done some incredible stadiums. Here’s a few from the past few years that I think are all 5/5ban stadium arts.

4 Likes

Yo All,

Couple of recent pick ups, A 2018 Staff Champions Fest & a Galar Mine from the latest Japanese set Rebellion Crash.

Loch

4 Likes

**- Mercari & Yahoo Jp Stadium Orders -**Yo all,

I Have another update that i’ve been excited about for a while now. Recently received 2 packages from Japan after using a couple of the middleman services for the first time. So here’s some of the good goods that I picked up across Yahoo Japan and Mercari.

Player’s Ceremony 2018

Very pleased to be able to grab this card & managed to pick it up for a great price in auction. I generally prefer stadium cards which feature a stadium/ space but I adore ones with illustrations from artists who don’t regularly feature. This is Himeno’s first stadium and it’s great. Super hectic and cute.

Unlimiteds

These were all of the unlimited stadiums I could find from sets where the unlimited prints are considerably rarer than their 1st edition counterparts. Most of these were off Mercari, which turned out to be a great place for finding these. Happy to add a good amount of L2 & L3 Unl cards to the collection. Phoebe’s stadium is also a great addition which now brings me to 2/5 unlimiteds from the set.
Thanks to @tonysandlin for pointing me in the direction of the Reverse Indigo Plateau on his Japanese Unlimited Legends Series Thread.

**Variations from boxes and other product releases + Michina Temple

Other stadiums bundled in with the cards above

Loch

8 Likes