The Kind Of Giant Stadium Thread

The Kind Of
Giant Stadium Thread

Threads Purpose:
A place for any chat / news / discussion around stadium cards. For the most part it’ll probably be a place for any noteworthy new releases; stories around stadiums or anything else, whatever that may be.

----------------------------
Considered posting some of this stuff in my collection thread (new releases news and such), but think its better this way as it allows for wider chat and for more people to contribute.

Resources and Updates:
A complete list of stadium cards produced - DizzyLoch’s Stadium Checklist

11 Likes

Not long ago we got our first SW/SH stadium revealed, it’s Turffield.

A few days ago we got our first look at a SW/SH stadium. One of 3 trainer cards shown off by the Japanese Pokemon TCG website for the upcoming set, VMAX Rising thats coming out next month.Turns out it’s going to be Turrfield Gym, first of the massive Galar gyms.

Interestingly the illustrator is Aky CG Works, seems like they may be taking the 5ban torch these days for some for the standard digital art.

3 Likes

Training Court’s also coming!

The second stadium from VMAX Rising has been announced. I had no real intention of showing every stadium from this set here, but as soon as I saw this area in game I hoped to see it be made into a card. So i’m glad to see that this is the case & that it’s coming out so soon.

So much for the idea that 5ban would be stepping away from stadiums; still looking like them & Aky CG Works may be splitting the load a little more though.

The big question is will we continue to get secret rare stadiums in SW/SH

1 Like

I like these big info threads!
Do you plan to do a big sum up in the first post?

Unpopular opinion (?): They should’ve made Stadiums in portrait view long ago.

4 Likes

I’d love to see some horizontal stadiums, that would make a lot of sense. Maybe one day they’ll have a special card type for stadiums that do that, like breaks or Legend cards.

Glad to hear it! I hadn’t thought about summing it up as of yet, as in recap the big posts within the original title post? If so, that top post does look a bit empty, so that’s a good idea.

Recently completed a checklist of all of the stadium cards. Should hopefully be a handy resource should someone need some stadium info. I’m sure there will be some mistakes, particularly outside of the English and Japanese cards; I’ll keep updating this as new cards are released and new information gathered. A big thanks to @quuador for all the help and questions answered. If anyone spots any mistakes don’t hesitate to let me know. I’ve also linked it in the title post and it can be found in my signature too:

Stadium Checklist <<<<

2 Likes

Stadium Set Review: Rebellion Crash

Just one stadium from the latest Japanese set Rebellion Crash. I was holding out to see if there was any chance of getting some secret stadiums from this set, but no luck.

It’s Galar Mine. Nothing too exciting, a pretty generic spot from within the mine. I’ve always been a much bigger fan of actual stadiums rather than a random section of a large space, but this is certainly not the worst.

Galar Mine

2 Likes

Stadium Set Review: Explosive Walker

The slow drip of stadiums continues & this set we get Glimwood Tangle. I dig it, it has a nice enough “stadium” space formed by the opening with some hard hitting colour.

*Glimwood Tangle

2 Likes

Stadium Set Review: Infinity Zone

Another 2 new stadiums in the latest set. Neither are too remarkable, but they’re certainly decent. Spikemuth is everything I could ask for from a whole town stadium card as it just shows a small section of Spikemuth, but I suppose that reflects how it’s also seen in the games. I’m just happy there’s been a good amount released already.

Spikemuth

Rose Tower

3 Likes

The upcoming V starter decks will contain the first stadiums to not come from sets since the start of SW/SH. Nothing too crazy but if memory serves we haven’t had any of these since the 3 that came out of the Japanese Extra Regulation Box that was released in October last year.

There’s a copy of Turffield Gym in the Grass Venusaur Deck and a copy of Martial Arts Dojo in the Fighting Lucario Deck. This will be the 6th Japanese variation of Martial Arts Dojo card and the first SM era stadium printed this year. Happy they’re coming, no complaints.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this strictly falls within a stadium category but the old japanese promo stadiums are really cool and very affordable and underrated. I have a full set of the promos in a binder and they look great. The small details with different pokemon in each one is great too.

2 Likes

It absolutely falls in the stadium Category :grin: Which ones, the regional Lucky Stadiums? If so, I couldn’t agree more! I bet they look great on a binder page all together.

The 12 Lucky stadiums are certainly the gold standard for what stadiums can be, they’re so full of character.

@dizzylochs, I have the 8 normal japanese lucky stadiums and it’s a little down my priority at the moment but hoping to get the remaining ones soon!

Nice, they’re a great set :blush: Good plan, can’t leave that last binder slot empty. The Neo Destiny and Intro Pack Neo ones are super affordable and both look great. How could you not love Imakuni? artwork and a Totodile set symbol.

Stadium Set Review: Shocking Volt Tackle

Yo, back again with latest and greatest new stadium additions from the latest Japanese Set. The last set, Legendary Heartbeat, was sadly stadiumless, so happy that we’re seeing another 2 new cards coming out soon. First up is the second gym card from SWSH, Wyndon Stadium. It’s Pokemon’s Wembly, I like it. Again, I wish we could see them from the inside rather than outside, but a gym’s a gym. I am surprised we’ve not seen more of the gym’s yet though. Second one is Hero’s Bath, it’s a nice enclosed space with some cosy vibes. Good batch.

Generally pretty happy with the direction SWSH stadiums have taken, hoping to see secret variants come back at some point. Lemme know if you have any thoughts

Wyndon Stadium

Hero’s Bath Circhester Bath

edit: updated info

2 Likes

Just sent in my championship 2005 stadium to cgc for grading, happy to post pics when it gets sent back, its on a 10 day sub

1 Like

Congrats, that’s such a great looking card. Yea please do, i’d love to see it :blush:

I thoroughly enjoy your collection thread! It’s so nice to see those cards that perhaps I wouldn’t have paid much attention to otherwise. Also very nice spreadsheet with all the relevant data and the bulbapedia links!
My personal favorite stadiums are definitely the original Japanese Lucky Stadiums, closely followed by those newer 5ban full art Secret Rares. I think for once, the sterile digital 5ban style works really well on those.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks @muk, means a lot man. I’ve got some smaller cards in recently and have some more on the way so will have to update it soon.

Couldn’t agree more on those top choices, Lucky Stadiums are certainly the all time stads.
It really is amazing how good 5ban art can look when they don’t need to do Pokemon. They’re always pretty clean and sometimes do some great ones. They’ve seemed to have taken over now too from Ryo Udea as the main stadium artists, who I do love simply because he’s done so many of the stadium arts; but man he’s so inconsistent. Ryo has done some that are really great, but has done some awful stadiums too, so it’s nice to have a steam of pretty good stadiums from 5ban.

It’s great getting to hear other peoples thoughts on these lesser talked about cards. :blush:

1 Like

Personally as a player, I’m also a huge fan of the SM full art Stadiums. They look so impressive whilst sitting on the table compared to half-art ones.

I was so happy to be able to briefly use this in a deck last season and I’m praying I get a viable Fighting deck to play before it rotates next August!

3 Likes