Name some of your favorite collection threads

There is no singular favorite–this is just like Pokemon itself, so many favorites, so many favorite artists, and cards. Funnily enough, I see each collection thread and its author as an artist, so it is very comparable =D

Time to unload my baggage.

Naturally, the first that always usually to mind is muk’s fine and exquisite assortment. It’s so funny that one of your favorites is centered around flora/fauna. muk not only happens to love plant pokemon, but he features fabulous photos of gorgeous plants, the perfect garnish for such a gorgeous collection, and a magnificent flair for sharing, storytelling, and displaying. And his collection ain’t half bad, neither! (seriously it blows me away, like, my god).

Next, we have pulpyfan’s collection thread. My man pulp. He’s a hero as far as I’m concerned. Yep. He single handedly threw me over the edge and convinced me modern is worth looking into, after others mentioned here in this little montage got me started and curious. Mhm, his collection is that good. The atmosphere of his thread, his organization, presentation, is immaculate. I almost literally drool when I see additions.

I also just love martin’s collection thread. I can’t think of many else who so similarly echo my exact interest in the kinds of cards. I know something similar can be said of a few I mention here, but in a large part, many, differently so, have very varying ranges of collections and way they share. Not Martin. No, he seems to be me, kind of. And I like it. Also, fidi fido is worth the stop 10 times over.

dizzyloch’s stadium collection thread is unique and delightful. It’s collections like this, so niche, so perfectly out there and appreciable, that makes you really realize just how fulfilling it is to look at collections so different than yours, so illustriously curated and specific. I get very excited to see his updates.

My dude AzulRyu. Oh man just check out that grand gyarados collection. Such a banger. So much history there, such love for Gyarados. It’s full of heart, full of passion, full of excitement for life. It’s invigorating.

And well, peeps need to check out my boy’s collection thread. Yes, you are in my top favorite. We share in nearly half of our favorite species, we are friends, and you have amazing taste. What more can I ask for and find more enjoyment in seeing it updated? Nothing, that’s the answer. Girafarig is so far out.

Shoot, then there’s maxymaxy’s (THE imakuni’s one and only auntie, in the flesh) bizarre binder . Le artiste. Joy. Joy is what I experience when I see additions made to this. Artist comrades, ride til we die.

Last but certainly not least is Taizokai’s splendid and rich collection thread. Another kindred spirit, another pillar of character. The subtleties, the references, the satisfaction. ¡Me maravillo con el brillo! Mon ami!

Did I go overboard? I like collections.

13 Likes