Dark Phantasma Revealed (More Legends Arceus Cards!)

The easiest way to ruin any hype is to make bad card art.

Looking at them altogether like that just reinforces how mishandled it has been.

Heatran, Hawlucha and Gardevoir might as well be 5ban Graphics FAs.

I strongly feel like theyā€™re trying to evoke the neo destiny/shining legends shinies (art-wise these werenā€™t perfect either). These had similarly little (or minimalistic) background art. I do like half-art chase cards, and Iā€™m not too bothered by the art. Iā€™m mostly bummed that they didnā€™t limit the holo to the PokĆ©mon itself. The whole card being holo makes them look a bit messy.

luckily not everyone has to like them. i think theyā€™re awesome because theyā€™re different and they are each unique unlike 5ban art

they kind of did limit the holo to the pokemon itself (and some accent pieces on the card design) if you donā€™t include the overall foil layer. its just that it is textured holo instead of only foil

Which is why I named Heatran, Hawlucha and Sneasler and said ā€œmost.ā€

thats fair. sneasler is an exception since it is a new pokemon without any chance for a legacy, but tbf heatran and hawlucha have had their time in the spotlight over the years in competitive pokemon through the VGC and TCG. there are a lot of people who have an affinity for them as pokemon. of course this is just me being contrarian with your point, but i guess what iā€™m trying to say is they arenā€™t anywhere near bottom of the barrel when it comes to the selection

I donā€™t know that thereā€™s anything they can do to make me like Heatran.

honestly, i dont think many dragon pokemon have seen much shiny love. iā€™d be happy to see kingdra, goodra, dragonite, salamence, or haxorus. emphasis on goodra or haxorus lol. i dont wanna see another rayquaza, personally

1 Like

Im praying to the pokegods for salamence

Hisuian Arcanine would be in like the top three best designed Pokemon of all time category if it didnā€™t have that stupid spike/horn on the top of its head

really good typing with great stats and a nice ability. only major weakness being ground which it can play around if being ran with a good player. it was the H in CHALK which was one of the most dominant archetypes of all time in VGC

if youā€™re into sleeves, there are some awesome ones revealed for this set featuring some of the new pokemon
www.pokeguardian.com/900689_pokemon-card-game-may-2022-merchandise-revealed

1 Like

Iā€™m both excited for and dreading a potential character rare, full art, and maybe a rainbow rare for Hisuian Electrode. Thatā€™s as many as 30 cards to buy across all active languages. Still, Iā€™m excited for the possibilities!

2 Likes

This has potential to be such an amazing card!!!

1 Like

theyā€™ve already revealed giratina merch to go along with the next set (lost abyss), so it is pretty much confirmed that giratina will be the mascot of that set. its a ā€œmainā€ set like star birth, so it should be possible for alts instead of CHRs. theyā€™ve already given the other sinnoh gods alts, so i think we can expect a giratina alt. i too hope it is origin form. if they continue the trend with dialga and palkia origin forms where their special arts take place in their home dimension, then i think it is possible to get a giratina in the distortion world.

Palkiaā€™s blurb on the PLA website:
This is the true appearance of Palkia, the Legendary PokĆ©mon that is said to control space.ā€‹ Palkia has the power to warp, destroy, and create space itself. They say that the very space in the world where Origin Forme Palkia resides is in shreds, as if it had been torn to ribbons.ā€‹

Dialgaā€™s blurb:
This is the true appearance of Dialga, the Legendary PokĆ©mon that is said to control time.ā€‹ Dialga has the power to warp, destroy, and create time itself. The flow of time is said to be in constant flux in the world where Origin Forme Dialga resides, always moving in different directions and different speeds.
******seems like TPCI asked KATO and Arita to reflect these concepts. lets hope whoever they ask to do giratina also are given a similar request

for this, iā€™ll just include the original pokedex entry from diamond and pearl (as well as BDSP):
A PokƩmon that is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours. It appears in an ancient cemetery.

while weā€™re here, iā€™ll include the PLA entry for the origin form:
Giratina loses its legs upon changing into this form. I believe this PokƩmon must hail from a world where the heavens and the earth are as one, though I have no way of proving it.

1 Like

Any speculation If this set will have a Darkrai alt art? That is a card Iā€™ve been dreaming of.

i donā€™t think weā€™re getting a darkrai alt unless they release a new darkrai. if they did, the soonest i could see it would be the next set (lost abyss) which is mid july. i guess there is always a chance they add an alt that wasnā€™t released in japan in astral radiance. i havenā€™t seen any etb leaks yet for the full set list.

the main set should be released late tonight (american time)/tomorrow (friday/japan time), so stay tuned for the rest of the list by this time tomorrow

2 Likes

alright, main set has been revealed. pokebeach is working on getting all of the cards up and translated. secret rares will be revealed some time tuesday or wednesday night depending on when vendors get their products and begin opening them for singles.

www.pokebeach.com/2022/05/all-71-dark-phantasma-cards-revealed

the third radiant pokemon for the set is big steez!

5 Likes