Dallas Regional Championships: Meet Kouki Saitou!

That’s odd - I’m not sure who would have reached out if I hadn’t!

1 Like

I sent you a pm…

Here’s the floor shot of the 2018 regionals from Dallas…

1 Like

Ayeee I found someone to get some siggies for me :heart_eyes: Did he only do three zards? I’m thinking I need to get a skyridge for a siggie, then i have a crystal guardians and the xy121

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Best luck to you in getting the other ones signed too :blush:

(I would get both signed because those two are some of the best drawn charizards…much better than the expedition one *coughs*)

This post now makes me sad :slightly_frowning_face:

Why brother?

Someone I knew was going and going to let me pay/send something in for a sig with one of their line spots. That doesn’t seem to be the case any more. There’s plenty of time to link up with other attendees though.

Hi ! Bit late to the party, but if anyone is attending the event and has an available slot to sign a card, I’d happily pay for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Note this picture was of a Nationals a few years back it looks like. They used the airport hotel for regionals last year (the downstairs portion of it) which was carpeted/slightly different. Anyhow, wish I was going this year to have some stuff signed

Yes. Wrong pic.

I have an update! Mr. Saitou has let us know he is willing to sign up to 5 cards per person at the panels! This is in addition to the 1 signature included in the panel and the 3 per person outside the panels.

Panel times are 6:30pm Saturday and 11am Sunday. The original post has been updated with more info!

2 Likes

Willing to sign meaning included in the $45 ticket cost, or there is an additional per-signature fee but it takes place at the panel?

There’s an additional per-signature fee - same $10 per signature. There’s one included in the panel ticket price.

I am local to DFW and have the ability to go but wasn’t planning on it.

I don’t know much about these events as I don’t play the game and just collect eevees. What is the benefit for collectors? Are there promos to be had? Networking possibilities?

I might be able to convince my wife to go with me and get things signed for those interested but with the entry fee that we weren’t planning on spending in the first place…

Paying 100$+ if anyone can get these signed for me.

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to go to the event and am open to all requests for signatures. I currently have not registered for the event, and since I am largely going to this to get cards signed on your behalf, I will hold off on registration until the finances make sense. I have confirmed that I will be able to go to both panels and can convince my wife to go with me if the number of cards you all want me to sign merits it.

Given the prices already mentioned in this thread I have decided on a rate of $50 USD per card. This will include the signature and return postage. If your are in the EU/can used cardmarket, I would also be interested in Cardmarket coupons and someone to act as a middleman for some non-English Eevees.

I am thinking the process will go as follows:

1. Individual sends cards to me
  2. I provide photos of delivery for proof of receipt and arrival condition.
  3. I get them signed
  4. Take photo of the signed cards and message back buyer for confirmation of signatures.
  5. Buyer then sends money as Paypal gift (friends and family) to minimize fees (or cardmarket coupons as mentioned above). If funds are not received within 7 days of the signing I will take possesion of the cards and try to recoup my losses.
  6. Signed cards are sent back using the same packaging materials.

I will edit this post with changes to panels I am registered for and card requests as I get them. Please PM me and we can work out the details. I am a new member to this forum and haven’t dealt with many online exchanges like this but I want to learn and help this knowledgeable community. I hope my terms are reasonable and not too harsh. I don’t want to get burned or screw anyone over.

As an aside, what is the motivation to want to get cards signed? Does it add monetary value to your collection or is it just a neat addition? I only collect eevees and see that he has illustrated two. Would you get the non holo or the reverse holo signed? English, Japanese or another language?

Saturday Panel - Me (Registered)
1-@matt (Signed)
2-@matt (Signed)
3-@matt (Signed)
4-@matt (Signed)
5-@matt (Signed)
6-@matt (Signed)

Sunday Panel - Me (Registered)
1-@pottsinator (Paid)
2-@pottsinator (Paid)
3-@pottsinator (Paid)
4-@pottsinator (Paid)
5-@pottsinator (Paid)
6-@pottsinator (Paid)

Saturday Panel - Wife (Registered)
1-@idir (Signed)
2-@idir (Signed)
3-@idir (Signed)
4-@idir (Signed)
5-@idir (Signed)
6-@idir (Signed)

Sunday Panel - Wife (Registered)
1-@youngbambino (Card Received)
2-@youngbambino (Card Received)
3-@youngbambino (Card Received)
4-@kay838 (Card Received)
5-@kay838 (Card Received)
6-@shininggrey (Card Received)

Saturday Panel - Friend (Registered)
1-@cutters (Card Received)
2-@cutters (Card Received)
3-@cutters (Card Received)
4-@cutters (Card Received)
5-@cutters (Card Received)
6-@cutters (Card Received)

Sunday Panel - Friend (Registered)
1-@shininggrey (Card Received)
2-@shininggrey (Card Received)
3-@shininggrey (Card Received)
4-@shininggrey (Card Received)
5-@shininggrey (Card Received)
6-@shininggrey (Card Received)
7-@youngbambino (Card Received)

3 Likes

Sent you a DM @therealonewolf !

Also if anyone else has some spare signing slots please drop me a message :blush:

Bought my panel ticket! I’m so excited for this!

6 Likes

Got my ticket just now as well!

1 Like