Choose Your Champions

This image is meant as a bit of a joke, but I would actually be really interested to see peoples opinions on which they’d choose and why. Consider the Animals real world strengths and weaknesses and how those come into play against their opponents. I’d love to see peoples critical analysis.

The following creatures will fight each other in an arena. You can choose 1 to win.

Rules:

1. They are fighting within a relatively confined space. So the x1 Human with a Gun is not going to be able to stand back and pick off his enemies easily at all. The Human also is limited to the capacity of his Gun for 1 go so there is no reloading for him.

2. There is no splitting up or forming of alliances between rival choices. The choices are allied to their original groupings and will act together.

Hard to decide between the gorillas or bears…

I’d say the two gorillas would come out on top.
They are massive and i would rather be face to face with a loaded gun, than be 100 ft from an angry gorilla.

I’ll take the 15 wolves. I think they could overcome pretty much anything. A lot of them would go down vs the bears or gorillas but I think they have the best balance of numbers and force.

1 Like

Either the mice or hawks. The mice would probably run away while all the other animals are busy beating the crap out of each other, and there’d be a few of them left after all the others finished killing each other. The hawks have the advantage of being able to fly, so maybe the 50 of them can swarm the bigger animals without getting hit/killed. But I feel those two would be the last ones alive.

What’s the terrain?
Anything near a large body of water I’m taking the crocodiles, their hunting strategy is nearly perfect. No water around, I’d take the wolves as they’d have the best numbers and ability to do something.
Lions would be my choice for third place, they have a pact mentality and enough strenth to make small numbers work, just not enough to overcome 15 wolves.
Bears would be 4th they would be third if they were known to be pact animals.
Bulls are 5th, they’re increadily strong have good numbers, but they wouldn’t work together, and would have a hard time killing resorting to injuring instead.
Gorillas are interesting, if there were more I’d be hesitant to put them higher then bulls, but with only two they go here.
Human is next would be number 1 if it weren’t for the fact that one he can only use one shot of the gun. You might as well say he doesn’t have a gun, which makes him an inteligent creature that can’t do anything but hope to not get picked off.
Hawk is second to last because what is he going to do? Even if you can avoid everything by going airborn, you still can’t win a battle by running.
Mice are last, they’re interesting in that if they were a more aggressive creature I could see 1000 mice doing some real damage. Without the mentality they aren’t a threat.

1 Like

Well you cant lose either by not getting yourself killed, so staying airborne is a pretty big advantage imo, especially when every other animal is stronger.

1 Like

How do you win? Also, I don’t think you realize how much energy it actually takes to become airborn. They will come down eventually and any land creature could outlast the wait. It’d be one thing if the hawk was the one with the gun, but it’s just not feasable to see a creature that is a scavenger/prays on small creatures win against large creatures.

How much ammo and what gun does the human have?

The hawk and the mice would last the longest for sure. The hawk being airborn and the mice hiding, the others probably wouldn’t notice them until only one is left.

After that, the last of the big ones would die out of hunger. The hawk and the mice probably don’t eat much and they would be able to eat the rotten flesh of the fallen.

Finally, the Hawk kills the mice.

(If there are more than one of each, it would be even more beneficial for the hawks since they’re the ones prepared to hunt the mices)

1 Like

Falcons easily as nothing on that chart can kill them once the human dies very shortly into the battle. All others will kill each other and the falcons can just mob the last couple wounded larger animals and peck out their eye balls and such. Then about 900 mice to clean up at the end. Without the falcons it is a more interesting question, but I would have to go with the wolves or lions. Hard to choose.

2 Likes

I’m going with the ape due to sheer strength.

The human has the gun in the photo and it’s filled to capacity.

hmmm… I have actually done lots of internet research on this in the past because i absolutely love the concept. Haven’t ever thought of mice or falcons though.

first off,

• human: nope, nope, nope. maybe against the gorillas if your fast enough and they are coming along way off. but really you only have one shot before most of these animals are upon you, then its down to your fists and we’re pretty hopeless. maybe against two wolves or one crocodile. lets be honest, we’re only top of the food chain because we have thumbs and evolution on our side.

• Falcon: interesting concept, but they’re generally solitary animals so they wouldn’t be very efficient together. Also one swipe from a bear, gorilla, lion or wolf would put it out of action pretty quickly. They would scatter. So no

• bulls: they’re very similar to the a lot of the prey wolfs and lions take down. Would be a walk in the park for those animals so no

• crocodile: interesting concept, as previously stated, if its near water, they would come second only to the mice. anywhere else and they’re just too slow, so no

-gorilla: now they’re massive animals with incredible strength. But, gorillas are NO comparison to lions or wolfs or bears (and they’re outnumbered in this scenario). These animals kill for a living. Gorillas generally only fight for male hierarchy and even then its more noise than physicality (much like your regular dog fight at the park). so no

• lions: absolutely love them, but they would be no match for the bears or the 15 wolves. Size and weight difference alone is incredible. As well, from what i’ve gathered, bears have more stamina. so no

• Bear: too many wolves. they’re is just too many of them. Wolves are pack animals that work beautifully together. This is what they do. no doubt their numbers would be smaller after the fight, but that would be only by 4 or 5 at max. so no

• Wolfs: apex predators. My favourite animals. sadly, no

but the winner is pretty obvious…sheer numbers mean the mice win. A thousand mice is ridiculous. Would be like a carpet of biting teeth and scratching claws. They would tear most of the animals to the bone pretty quickly id imagne

1 Like

I’m gonna have to disagree on the mouse front. There are 50 hawks which hunt mice and similar creatures in the wild to eat so 50 of them would just be silly. They can easily pick three up at a time and lac the ability to kill anything else so I imagine for the majority of the fight they would just be picking off mice. Once they run out of energy they are done for on the floor by pretty much anything on the list I think I would have to say that the winner would be the wolves, large numbers and they are used to hunting together so apart from maybe the crocs this would be a walk in the park. Gorillas lack the killing touch so to speak and other than the person wouldn’t really stand much of a chance at killing the larger animals as not many of them would be willing to stand around long enough to be pummeled into the floor. Honestly I don’t think the human stands a chance with one full clip against over 50 animals and that’s not even counting the mice I think the last three species alive would be the bears crocodiles, bears and wolves with wolves eventually taking the win.

I’m surprise how many people are actually picking the mice. Maybe they just want the underdog to win? I just don’t see it.

The mice aren’t going to work together. If you’ve ever found a mouse horde in old houses you’ll know once they’re discovered they all run away. Even when one gets attacked they don’t ban together to defend one another. The only time a mouse fights is if it is its last resort, they live and breed together, that’s about as much cooperation you’re going to get from the mouse.

Those advicating the hide strategy, you need to realize that there’s no food for the mice in hiding. After the other animals are done for, the winners of the big battle have the only food source to feast on and the mouse is going to have to eventually come out.

2 Likes

Id go with the Wolves, Intelligent and strategic Hunters.

I’d have to go with the wolves, pack hunting and working together is just what they do

I would say crocodiles seem like an easy choice for me, according to google the largest verified crocodile was over 23 feet long and 2000lbs. They have razor sharp teeth they could tear a limb off with 1 bite. It would take several attacks at the crocodile to take it down.

there are super sized specimens of all the animals pictured, the animals should all be considered to be of average size otherwise the conversation will start getting silly imo

This is fun! Some people are talking about the mice and falcons running/flying away - this is a fight to the death not survival exercise.

• 1000 mice would have trouble killing just one of the animals here (1000 mice killing one crocodile I don’t think so lol)

• Brown bears are solitary hunters so have no team or pack killing skills. However they are the largest predator in the group and in a confined space that is worth a lot. They would kill everything on the list through just sheer size except the bulls. I have trouble believing 3 bears could kill 7 charging bulls.

• Peregrine? Falcons Similar to the mice, 50 of these birds would have trouble killing just one animal bar the mice. They have the advantage of flight but are small birds so no real danger to anything when attacking.

• Wolves are intelligent animals yes, but in the wild a whole pack is needed to kill one larger prey animal in large open terrain. Most of the larger predators would easily over power them in a confined space even if there are 15 of them.

• Human, comes down to how many bullets in the gun I am no expert but looks to be a two shot rifle/shotgun. The loud sound would be intimidating for all the animals involved but he needs at least 39 bullets to have a chance at one shot killing all the animals he would not be able to kill by hand (Bears, Wolves, Bulls, Lions, Crocodiles, Gorillas). No chance hooman

• Bulls are the largest prey animal of the group and as such have evolved to defend itself from other predators. They are very aggressive/territorial, I assume they share the same charging/herding behaviour as cows and can’t think of any of the animals surviving bulls charging other than MAYBE the bears as they are quite large. Bulls are also the heaviest animal by far and second largest in terms of size and that counts for a lot.

-Lions - Simply put lions are smaller than brown bears and there are three of each so no chance for the lions. Once again size plays a big part in these sort of battles.

-Crocs - This one is heavily dependent on terrain. Crocs are not very agile on land and would be easily dominated. I would assume most of the predators could deal with the crocs and the 7 tons of Bull would trample the shit out of them

-Gorillas have no evolutionary weapons other than strength to use in combat and thus would be overpowered again by the 7 tons of bull or the larger and the better equipped predator in the bear.

The bulls win for me especially in the confined space.

2 Likes