Wishmons

Name things and animals you want to see turned into a Pokemon! Felt like the right time to ask this with gen 9 approaching. Feel free to add typing, ability, stats, descriptions etc.

Here are some of my wishmons:

1. Glaucus Atlanticus aka the Blue Sea Slug, a nudibranch. Water/Poison, has to be.

2. Placerias Hesternus, a Kannemeyeriiform Dicynodont from late Triassic. Huge fan of Dicynodonts, makes sense as a fossil mon. Rock/Ground probably, given the lifestyle.

3. Lystrosaurus Georgii, another Dicynodont. Given the distinction of being the most dominant animal to ever exist, I feel Rock/Normal makes perfect sense here. Predates Placerias by a good 30 million years, so maybe two Dicynodont Fossil pokes isn’t too much to ask for?

4. Chalicotherium, horse relative extinct for a few million years now. Not sure about typing.

5. Tasmanian Giant Freshwater Crayfish. I think an alternative evolution to Corphish would be perfect here. Maybe Water/Fighting or Water/Rock, slow as dirt with bonkers attack stat.

6. A mirror. So many great mirror fakemons, or just glass pokemon in general. And not just crystallization bling, but full on pokes made out of glass.

7. Neutron Star. Not only do I think it would make a great Pokemon, but I also think it would be a great way to reignite the move Gravity and its effect, something with great potential that is completely neglected by Gamefreak. Maybe a distant relative of Electrode?

11 Likes

haha cool idea!

I would like to see awesome takes on mythological creatures. Like a pegasus pokemon. I think those would be super popular (rayquaza being a good example of this).

pegasus-01

4 Likes

Talking mythical creatures, I’d like to see a singuinaba (A latin american demon horse, that takes the form of a fair maiden in the moonlight). It might be a lot like other horse-esque PkMn, though.

They don’t have a kangaroo pokemon…

1 Like

1 Like

A Steel/Flying type Pokemon based on the Hindenberg.

Ability: Disaster
When this Pokemon is hit with, or uses, a Fire type move it changes to a Steel/Fire type Pokemon, becomes Burned, and Burns the opposing Pokemon.

A Platypus Pokemon that is Water type if Female, and Water/Poison type if Male (Males are the only ones with poisonous barbs)

4 Likes

Have you heard of Paras/Parasect?

1 Like

Yeah my inspiration was Paras/Parasect.

what is this dead image?

More shark, snake, and crocodile pokemon, my favorite animals.

3 Likes

A water deer could be a pretty cool basis for a pokemon.

They could do a grass/ghost type and lean a bit on a vampiric design because of those teeth.

5 Likes

Love the suggestions so far!

I’d like to add a pointer to my Placerias wishmon. If they do give it Rock/Ground, they should give it access to Sap Sipper and Water Absorb. That way, it won’t just be a Rhyperior clone and it makes total sense for an animal that buried up roots for sustenance and probably spent much time cooling down in bodies of water.

Interesting…
But, wouldn’t the hindenberg become water type when hit by fire?

Hydrogen, in air + fire = water

I think they do have a kangaroo pokemon - Kangaskhan!

How about an Axolotl? Wooper/Quagsire is kinda similar, but I would like one that looks more like a salamander on all four legs.

Also, a Tardigrade Pokemon could be neat if they change up that face to something cuter.

7 Likes

like this?

A grass-type watermelon pokemon that can shoot seeds (maybe thats dumb, i’m just brainstorming). It has legs but vines for arms.

An grass-type ankylosaur-like mon, except it’s covered with bark/thorns instead of bony plates/spikes. And on its tail instead of a club it has a poison stinger or something.

A fairy/grass-type based on the Peaches of Immortality, based on Chinese mythology. Peaches of Immortality - Wikipedia
“There are rumors that this pokemon brings health and long life to those who are lucky to stumble across it in the forest…”

It would also be cool to see pokemon based on more recent or American mythologies. Like Paul Bunyan/Babe the Ox, Bigfoot, Jersey Devil etc but Metazoo will come to mind to some folks when they see that so maybe that’s a bad idea

There are sooo many possibilities, and one reason I love this franchise is because it combines so many elements of biology, nature, culture, and history together in a really fun way. I definitely tried to make my own pokemon and pokemon cards as a kid but I don’t think I was smart enough to understand all the references in the franchise at the time, lol.

8 Likes

Oh I just thought of a fun one: an Asian-style dragon (long/serpentine) made of noodles lol. In Chinese culture there’s a kind of noodle called “longevity noodles” that celebrate and symbolize longevity, so the noodles would fit the long dragon’s morphology well.

1 Like

Depends on how realistic you want to be. The whole point is that the Hindenberg went down in a spectacular ball of flames, and is an important historical event because of that. I like the idea of a Pokemon based off of that, with an ability that matches that legacy.

Regional Tangela forme made of noodles.

3 Likes

Electric type Tangela made of cables.

Or an ice type made of snow. Turns out, tangela is just a glalie in warmer climates! :scream:

3 Likes