Pokemon new Generation, any ideas?

So… Pokemon has, in my opinion, downplayed their original great idea. Pokemon are re-imagined animals, that is where they got it completely right. Now they seem to be out of ideas. Not finetuning and adjusting animals, but just putting spikes and cheap stuff on earlier pokemon.

what would you like them to make a pokemon from? I’d love a mockinbird pokemon.

3 Likes

A lot of the Megas are just spikes or stripes added, and that’s a real shame.
But the basic Pokemon design has not really changed at all.

All Generations have had their fair share of Animal based designs, and designs based on outrageous inanimate objects. Granted the earlier designs were more obviously based on Animals, but thats because they really did use up a lot of Animals. They can’t just keep rehashing.

Animals
(Every Generation has had multiple Bird designs so I left that out)

Generation 1: Salamander, Turtle, Caterpillar, Butterfly, Bee, Rat, Snake, Mouse, Shrew, Fox, Bat, Moth, Duck, Monkey, Dog, Jellyfish, Horse, Seal, Clam, Crab, Kangaroo, Seahorse, Goldfish, Wildebeest, Pterodactyl, Dragon

Generation 2: Alligator, Rat, Ferret, Owl, Ladybug, Spider, Bat, Sheep, Toad, Monkey, Platypus, Crow, Giraffe, Bat, Bulldog, Puffer Fish, Turtle, Beetle, Bear, Octopus, Fish, Manta Ray, Dog, Deer, 3 more Dogs, Cow

Generation 3: Chicken, Dog, Racoon, Worm, Butterfly, Moth, Pelican, Water Strider, Cat, Bee, Shark, Whale, Turtle, Mongoose, Snake, Seal, Walrus, Clam, Whale

Generation 4: Chimpanzee, Penguin, Beaver, Kricket, Dinosaur, Moth, Bee, Otter, Crow, Cat, Skunk, Hammerhead Shark, Hippo, Scorpion, Toad, Wasp, Bat

Generation 5: Snake, Boar, Meerkat, Dog, Leopard, Monkey, Zebra, Tadpole, Toad, Worm, Centipede, Fish, Crocodile, Hermit Crab, Tortoise, Swan, Sugar Glider, Spider, Eel, Flounder, Bear, Buffalo, Ant, Moth, Horse

Generation 6: Fox, Frog, Rabbit, Worm, Butterfly, Lion, Goat, Bear, Dog, Cat, Squid, Seahorse, Lobster, T-Rex, Brontosaurus, Bat, Deer

I have probably missed a few, but I picked out the obvious representations.
Point is though that they have already rehashed A LOT of the animals multiple times. Not to say they are bad Pokemon at all, just they really have used a lot of different animals for inspiration on Pokemon.

I’m waiting for the day we get Elephant and Rhinocerous Pokemon. (There actually are representations for both of these, derp)

4 Likes

@milhouse would you not say that Phanpy and Donphan are Elephants?
Rhyhorn, Rhydon and Rhyperior are rhinos…

2 Likes

Yeah I think you could say Phanpy and Donphan were Elephants for sure.
And I completely missed Rhyhorn line :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry.

I did most of these from memory, the only Generation list I had to look at was Generation 4.

My point is still there, though.

I change my wants to a Dolphin and a Swordfish.

I’ve always had a few ideas. One idea that Pokemon ripped right from my head was a coal Pokemon that turned into a diamond. It was done in a unique way with Carbink and Diancie. I also like to think of inanimate object Pokemon because it is actually challenging to come up with something that isn’t dumb. The two lines that I think would be cool are a Steel mouse Pokemon that is based on a wind up toy and a Psychic Crystal Ball Pokemon.

Coming up with Pokemon ideas and designs is definitely not easy!

2 Likes

I always look forward to new eeveelutions but really hope for ground, ghost, and dragon types especially.

I want more duck Pokemon, maybe even a starter water type as a duck type. Speaking of, I’d love it if Golduck got a third evolution that actually made it water/psychic.

I used to think of all sorts of different types of Pokemon as a kid but don’t get a kick out of it so much nowadays. I used to think of sooooooo many different types and actually made sprite art from old Pokemon sprites.

1 Like

I would like a baby pokemon, you could get by breeding a Taurus and a Miltank.
I would also like a Grass/Dragon type dark green/brown coloured turkey and a fire pokemon based on a Lamb, that evolves into a Cheep with wool of fire.

2 Likes

There are loads of Pokemon who deserve to get a real Evolution. Almost impossible now with Megas being all the rage at Gamefreak. :slightly_frowning_face:

Fighting Type Eeveelution pls

1 Like

Hoe 'bout sharing some of those sprites?

I’d be so happy if they made some of the “chinpokomon” from south park. Particularly SHOE hahahahaha best one for sure

For reals tho, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more inanimate object pokemon, particularly after klefki. Really hoping for a cake pokemon that looks better than friggin slurpuff

2 Likes

Everyone is quick to point out the animal-based pokemon, but the poor plant pokemon are always forgotten it seems :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

There are some plants that would make great Pokémon.

Moar dark and ghost please!! I have an unhealthy appreciate for the dark side of the pokemon franchise… Trevenant and pumkaboo were nice evil plant additions :wink:

I think eevee will logically receive a normal type mega evolution at some point

Some Pokemon were based off of mythical creatures, but I guess that could be counted as animal-inspired as well.

@milhouse, I couldn’t agree more. Part of the reason why I loved the second generation of Pokemon was because there were new evolutions like Scizor and Steelix. Mega evolution is nice, and all, but it feels like a cop out when there is much more potential to be had for several Pokemon. I was actually surprised Sableye got a Mega evolution instead of a regular one.

@aj1, sadly those don’t exist anymore. They were created on my mother’s old computer which died about 4 years back and lost everything with it. I could probably make some new ones but with work AND school, I wouldn’t really be inspired to do that as it’s not a tremendous interest now.

I had once thought of a plant family that was based on the life cycle of real plants. It was a 5 Pokemon family that was a bit complicated with breeding… eh it seemed cool, but I’m forgetting what I had come up with.

1 Like