Cards that have magikarp in them?

So for my fabulous magikarp collection I am not only looking for magikarp cards, but also all cards that have magikarp in it. However tracking down wich cards like that exist has proven to be kind of… challenging… So my question is, do any of you know of any cards with magikarp in it that are not in the picture here? :blush:

1 Like

@quuador Someone needing your awesome skills again bro!

4 Likes

So only cards that are not a magikarp card that still include a magikarp in the artwork, correct? Not actual magikarp cards?

Indeed. Actual magikarp cards are easy enough to track down, and apart from the unikarp and the pokemon snap magikarp, I do believe I have all of them, apart from a few japanese variants of english ones I do have like the japanese shining magikarp, and the japanese reverse holo version of the skyridge magikarp wich seems almost non-existant.

I’ve looked through the following sets:

Art Academy Mew (good luck with that… :slightly_smiling_face: )

1999 Tropical Present Jumbo Postcard (full artwork of the Southern Island Marill you already have):

A Golden Magikarp trophy is present on this Pikachu Jumbo card:

Also, I’m not entirely sure, but I think the fish in the Neo Genesis Super Rod is a Magikarp as well:

Oh, and of course the Magikarp Poncho-wearing Pikachu:

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Thank you! ;3; I can hear my wallet crying already!

now are you just going for every unique artwork with magikarp, different editions of cards with the same artwork included or just japanese?

Technically every Gyarados card has Magikarp in the evolution box so you’ll have to collect every Gyarados card :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

For the actual magikarp cards, I’m going for all different editions in both japanese and english. Like I’ll also include trainer kit versions that are exactly the same apart from the set symbol, and all different promo versions like there were last year :stuck_out_tongue: . For the non-magikarp cards that have magikarp in it, I’m only going for one of each art. Those are kind of “extra” and not the main part of the collection after all.

1 Like

I’m going for all cards that have magikarp in the actual artwork, not gonna go THAT far as to include all appearances in the evolution box :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What a coincidence! Im doing the same thing with Magikarps, but mainly focus on english. Are you sure you have every copy up to the Unikarp and Snap? I can send pics of my collection to make sure, as I also wanna make sure im not missing any myself haha

I mentioned in one of my other posts wich ones I don’t have yet XD Unikarp and snap I don’t have, and the japanese fan club shining magikarp. Apart from that I believe I do have all, unless there are some cards I’m not aware of. Unikarp and snap I think are gonna be forever out of my price range though. My factory job won’t permit me such expensive dreams ;3;

Well thats what i was asking, to see if you do have all the ones besides the fan club, snap and unikarp lol. I dont see many adamant Karp collectors, so i just wanna verify if im also up to speed, ya know? Any trainer kits and such with the same art i put behind the ones i deem rarer or more valuable.

2 Likes

Looks complete to me :blush: also do you have 2015’s Mcdonalds promo? I think it was a Europe only one with the art from Ancient origins but a different holo pattern.
Is that the green backed or blue backed topsun card? I have both.
(I’ll probably post pictures of my full binder in the near future in my collection thread XD )

Its the blue back with no number. The 1ed no rarity for these cards. Do you have that? I have the others behind it. And im not sure about the McDonalds promo! Id have to check. See, its little promos like that im always unsure of haha. You have others, like the 2013 BW Gym Promo and such, right?

Yeah I have several copies of the Gym promo. And I have the regular blue and green back. Topsun cards are kinda hard to find though.
I also have this beauty XD

Oh and when I saw that “gold star” magikarp I almost spit out my drink XD

1 Like

I love that wailmer card haha. And that GS is totally legit! Given out in 2003 at a speedrunning competition. Totally.

@stephneechan & @megacon
Here’s a list of all the unique Magikarp cards in English/Japanese. Normally I would have included all the other languages (Dutch, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, Polish) as well, but since you two only collect Japanese and English and I wasn’t really in the moot to make a full list anyway, I’ve sticked to English & Japanese.
There are a total of 119 unique English + Japanese Magikarps available (or 125/131 if the Japanese EX Dragon and/or EX Deoxys sets has multiple codes):

Base set:

• English Shadowless 1st edition Thick Stamp
  • English Shadowless 1st edition Thin Stamp (almost impossible to find for non-holos. I’ve only seen 4 Wartortles, 2 Charmanders, a Squirtle and a Rattata so far. Still looking for a Pikachu myself…)
  • English Shadowless 1st edition Grey Stamp
  • English Shadowless non-1st edition
  • English unlimited edition ©1999
  • English unlimited edition ©1999-2000 (UK 4th print)
  • Japanese No Rarity
  • Japanese with Rarity symbol

Base 2:

• English

Legendary Collection:

• English
  • English Reverse Foil

Pokémon SNAP Best Photo Contest 1999:

• Japanese

Team Rocket:

• English 1st
  • English UED
  • Japanese (with Rarity symbol)

Tamamushi Universary promo:

• Japanese

Web:

• Japanese 1st
  • Japanese UED

Gym Challenge:

• English (Giovanni’s) 1st
  • English (Giovanni’s) UED
  • English (Misty’s) 1st
  • English (Misty’s) UED
  • Japanese (Giovanni’s) with Rarity symbol
  • Japanese (Misty’s) with Rarity symbol

Neo Revelations:

• English Secret Rare 1st
  • English Secret Rare UED
  • Japanese Secret Rare 1st
  • Japanese Secret Rare UED
  • Japanese Pokemon Fan Club Triple-Star Secret Rare promo

Expedition Base:

Skyridge:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st
  • Japanese UED

EX Dragon:

• English (code LNL-RJD-0UU)
  • English (code LNL-RJD-5LR)
  • English (code LNL-RJD-B1B)
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st (not sure if this set has different codes, but if they do there are four different ones for Japanese)
  • Japanese UED (not sure if this set has different codes, but if they do there are four different ones for Japanese)

EX FireRed & LeafGreen:

• English (code FTQ-CSZ-23X)
  • English (code FTQ-CSZ-60P)
  • English (code FTQ-CSZ-UB5)
  • English Uncommon error (code FTQ-CSZ-23X)
  • English Uncommon error (code FTQ-CSZ-60P)
  • English Uncommon error (code FTQ-CSZ-UB5)
  • English Reverse Holo
  • English Uncommon error Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st (code 1 - No idea which codes, but I know there are four different ones for the Japanese set)
  • Japanese 1st (code 2 - No idea which codes, but I know there are four different ones for the Japanese set)
  • Japanese 1st (code 3 - No idea which codes, but I know there are four different ones for the Japanese set)
  • Japanese 1st (code 4 - No idea which codes, but I know there are four different ones for the Japanese set)
  • Japanese UED (code 1 - No idea which codes, but I know there are four different ones for the Japanese set)
  • Japanese UED (code 2 - No idea which codes, but I know there are four different ones for the Japanese set)
  • Japanese UED (code 3 - No idea which codes, but I know there are four different ones for the Japanese set)
  • Japanese UED (code 4 - No idea which codes, but I know there are four different ones for the Japanese set)

EX Team Rocket Returns:

• English (code ZS6-E81-B0P)
  • English (code ZS6-E81-FB5)
  • English (code ZS6-E81-GF6)
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st (no different codes because it was part of the Silver Deck Kit instead of the set)
  • Japanese UED (no different codes because it was part of the Silver Deck Kit instead of the set)

EX Deoxys:

• English (code TAJ-CA1-B0P)
  • English (code TAJ-CA1-FB5)
  • English (code TAJ-CA1-GF6)
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st (not sure if this set has different codes, but if they do there are four different ones for Japanese)
  • Japanese UED (not sure if this set has different codes, but if they do there are four different ones for Japanese)

EX Holon Phantoms:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st
  • Japanese UED

Mysterious Treasures:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st
  • Japanese UED

Stormfront:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st
  • Japanese UED

Supreme Victors:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese UED (no 1st edition, because it was part of the Gift Box DPt Decks)

HeartGold SoulSilver:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st (UED doesn’t exist for this set)
  • Japanese 1st Reverse Holo (UED doesn’t exist for this set)

Gyarados HS Trainer Kit:

• English 12/30
  • English 19/30

Call of Legends:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo

Legendary Treasures:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st
  • Japanese UED
  • Japanese 210/BW-P promo

XY Ancient Origins:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st
  • Japanese UED

XY Generations:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • English Toys 'R Us Holo promo
  • English 20th Anniversary Holo promo
  • Japanese UED (doesn’t exist in 1st edition)

XY Evolutions:

• English
  • English Reverse Holo
  • Japanese 1st (doesn’t exist in UED)

XY Promos:

• XY143 promo
  • XY-P promo (same artwork as XY143)

SM Burning Shadows:

• English (not released yet)
  • English Reverse Holo (not released yet)
  • Japanese UED (Japanese 1st editions doesn’t exist anymore since Sun & Moon)

If you want me to include the other languages let me know, then I might do that perhaps (although not today).

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Good! I have all of em. Except for that Matchprint one. I didnt know Karp was in that set. You know of anyone with the Matchprint cards? I know you have the pikachu one lol

Rusty / @thecharizardauthorty (You could contact him through his ebay from the article I linked) had the complete set and has at least one of the two Magikarps. Be willing to pay a pretty high price however, considering only two exist in the world. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like