25th Anniversary Special TCG Set Confirmed

What are everyone’s hopes? Neo Evolutions? I have already begun contacting TPCI with my Chansey requests.

www.pokebeach.com/2020/12/actual-25th-anniversary-set-in-fall-2021-other-products-for-2021

13 Likes

I would love for it to include reprints (in an Evolutions-esque fashion) from every single set. One card per set–there are plenty enough to pull it off (at most, maybe one evolution line per set). After all, isn’t an anniversary meant to celebrate all the time that preceded it?:blush:

I’d be thrilled with any of:
-Gym series reprint
-Jungle/Fossil/Rocket reprint (“Legendary Collection 2”?)
-Neo reprint

So… Basically any WotC reprint :blush:

2 Likes

Gold star reprint would be AMAZING. One things for certain… there’s gonna be a charizard.

8 Likes

And a Neo evolutions would be awesome as long as it’s not as bad as regular evolutions

1 Like

Fixed that for you :wink:

3 Likes

I want more than just early WotC sets please. Pokemon, you can do it! A 25th anniversary should show the whole history of the franchise! It would be awesome if we got reprints/redesigns of what made each set special, Base through Vivid Voltage. I think that would be so much fun to open and collect!

1 Like

I hope they don’t reprint cards! :blush:

14 Likes

I honestly have no idea what to expect from this set. It wouldn’t surprise me if we got evolutions 2.0 because it’s an anniversary set but I’m hopeful of something new. People already mentioned neo and gym, so I’ll throw out a Team Rocket set. Team Rocket’s an iconic part of the Pokemon franchise and it’s been a while (ex TRR) since we got anything I think. OG Team Rocket had a Dark Charizard as well so if they need a reprinted Charizard they have one haha. Other than a Team Rocket set I’d be hoping for a Gym-esque release, I really think they showed they could do it in Cosmic Eclipse. It’s a ton of fun, the cards are always unique, and I think they show off some of the best aspects of the Pokemon franchise as a whole.

Silver/Gold came out ~20 years ago so I could understand a Neo anniversary set as well. I don’t think they’ll do Gen 3 yet, they’ll save that for later i.e. 30th anniversary. At least, that’s what I’d do.

3 Likes

Reprint every single set including WOTC, hehe

What I would want ideally is old-arts into full art cards if they are going to re-print I think EVO missed the mark with the old & new.

vr

odds

7 Likes

Neo Genesis with Destiny Shining or Revelation shinings reprint. Or base reprint with blastoise and vensuaur with some jungle and fossil holo reprints. Basically as others have said a WOTC reprint. Or JAMBOREE

1 Like

Mthursty for president!

2 Likes

A Gyarados card that features both regular and shiny versions. *_*

3 Likes

Heres a couple cards you can expect, and in my opinion the art is far from what we were hoping. I would have loved a wotc era style.

1 Like

I’m not hoping or expecting anything. The hype train crashed and burned for Shining Fates because it didn’t satisfy people’s individual nostalgia and expectations. I’ll likely have few issues with whatever we get, but what I want most is for the general consensus on the set to be positive rather than negative.

XY Promo Treecko and Ultra Prism Piplup?? If you’re going to reprint the starters it would cool to feature the first set they were printed in… Like, this Treecko would be really cool.

Even this Piplup. I feel like these Sugimori-style cards are pretty iconic to the early DP era sets, even if it’s just the standard Piplup artwork.

Or some cool new art. Or starter full arts. Pokemon please.

2 Likes

don’t very much like the Pikachu faced cards, but I don’t really think those will be the set. Those seem like promos from stores like the last ones featuring that face

3 Likes

First time prints of those old Sugimori watercoors :grin:

3 Likes

20th year aniv included JPN Luigi & Mario Pika promos, so 25th aniv English Luigi Mario Pikas would be appropriate

6 Likes