25th Anniversary Special TCG Set Confirmed

Those leaked 25th anniversary stamped starter cards are likely the February McDonalds set.

I’m hopeful the October anniversary set will be a celebration and combining both Jungle and Fossil! We got the Snorlax as a promo so I’d like to see more! :blush:

4 Likes

I like the comments on Pokébeach, pointing out Generations was the 20th Anniversary special set and not XY Evolutions. Just shows how much people are focused on XY Evo and how parties are making sure prices go up as much as possible before stock runs out. Generations Mythical Collection boxes can still be picked up for 40€

3 Likes

A more classic art style would be great, hopefully they focus more on the older sets… Not necessarily base although I’m sure it will be included. But jungle through D&P era would be awesome.

Classic art, no megas, no Vmax. Shinies have been overdone lately, so maybe a new “gimmick” related to collecting instead of playing. The radiant stuff from Generations is a good example of what I’m thinking.

1 Like

I’d love a really creative take on classic nostalgic sets.

Base set rebuilt with the “best in class” art of each pokemon across all sets.

A mega set with multiples of favorite pokemon showing the evolution of the character design over time.

In case it hasn’t already been called out somewhere, Pikachu is #25. I’d wager we’re in for the Year of the Chu.

I don’t even care, I would love an entire set of the best Pikachu art over the years. Call me boring, but I’m not someone who gets tired of things I like - lol.

1 Like

Dig in the pokevaults and RELEASE JAMBOREE

5 Likes

Technically both were special 20th anniversary sets. The Japanese CP6/Evolutions set is explicitly advertised to be a 20th anniversary commemorative set.

Both Evolutions and Generations have gotten more than normal share of attention. Generations packs are going for $20, which is pretty high for an English set released in the last 5 years.

I expect we will see something similar for the 25th anniversary. One set will have a lot of retro reprints like Evolutions, another will be more of a celebration of the history like Generations. Both I’m sure will be very popular. :blush:

2 Likes

Lol. 2019 and 2020 have already been years of chu… In 2019 over 200 Pikachu cards were released. 2020 I haven’t counted yet, but definitely 150+ as well. But you’re probably correct that 2021 will be similar, if not worse… :unamused:

@parkermrparker Oh, I hadn’t seen the Treecko and Piplup yet. That same set does contain an Oshawott and Pikahu as well:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

What about Delta Species though? Would really wanna see those once again…

5 Likes

Another cool idea but still doubtful - what if they released a completely new set with brand new hired artists as the highlights?

4 Likes

I like the Delta Species idea but they already ‘fixed’ the issue with Pokémon not being their typing in Tag Team.

I think they dropped the ball big on not having a Team Rocket set in Sun and Moon, while Team Rocket played a key part in the anime (way bigger than Team Skull or Yell, which is it?). So I really would love to see a speciality Team Rocket set along with a buttload of …'s Pokémon, like Blane’s Magmar, Witney’s Miltank, Allister’s Gengar.

But the reality will be; Three different Charizards in all high end rarities. Same goes for Pikachu. A bunch of reprints of high demand trainer cards and the whole collection of Pokéwaifu supports like Wicke, Lillie etc.

With the current rush in creativity naming sets, I literally expect this to be called “Evolutions 2”.

4 Likes

Anniversary Fates :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Part of me wants the neo reprint and part of me doesn’t. Mostly because how hard it is to get product now.

Legendary Collection 2 with Neo cards? I just want more of the firework reverses…

2 Likes

Or just a full set of Charizards. Reprint each Charizard from every set and promo. I think there’s like 120 of them or something right? That’s enough for a full set.

At this point I’m actually surprised they haven’t done a full Charizard Promo set yet - kind of like the the International Pikachu promos.

Shining Evolutions

4 Likes

Yes, and make every single card of the set a Secret Rare.

1 Like

Surprised we don’t have a shiny Mega Charizard EX VMAX Full Art yet.

I’d like to see something as close to totally like wotc cards as possible. No full arts whatsoever either. A neo genesis - neo destiny reprint would be rad I think! Seeing light pokemon again would be cool! And have the reverses be in the style the English southern islands “reverse holos” are in!

Have all the neo sets secret rares as secret rares again, but have reverse holo variants of them like the e-series secret rares had for their secret rares.

Just imagine…

4 Likes