Anyone else excited for the 25th Anniversary of Pokemon?

So I was watching the interview with Gary by @baccene and they mentioned the 25th anniversary along with all the great content creators and it got me excited for the 25th anniversary for pokemon. I have NO IDEA what to expect from the pokemon company, but with pokemon as hot as ever and so many amazing people in the hobby and prices for vintage cards skyrocketing along with modern flying off the shelves… it just seems like something to be pumped for.

So what do you think the Pokemon company is going to do!? Special limited release? Collectible coins? New games? A reprint of steam siege!? haha

Also, that interview was great, so watch it if you have the time!

www.elitefourum.com/t/sit-back-relax-and-enjoy-my-interview-with-the-real-gary/29383/1

6 Likes

www.pokebeach.com/2020/09/special-25th-anniversary-pokemon-tcg-set-releasing-in-february

Can you imagine it will be something like a neo reprint, but because it’s TPCI and because the Frankenstein’s monster that was Generations happened, they’ll also throw in previously Japanese exclusives and also Japan’s November set while they’re at it? All the scalpers be coming out of the woodwork like [details=“SPOILER: Click to show”]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDU_Txk06tM
[/details]

4 Likes

How have I ever seen that video before?

That would be cool, but would definitely bring out the scalpers. The base set reprint with Evolutions for the 20th anniversary is selling for 1k a case now.

A reprint of neo genesis and a brand new team rocket set would get me excited.

3 Likes

Two words: Pokémon Space

6 Likes

A Team Rocket set? Illustrated cards? Limited? Sequel to Neo? 1st Editions?

Are all the sets inextricably linked to the games now?

hmm?

8 Likes

Wait, wait…

Bulbasaur is getting a true holo for the first time ever?!

5 Likes

Me when they don’t surprise us with an English release of the Tag All Stars gold full arts for the anniversary…

7 Likes

what is pokemon?

1 Like

an entire set and it’s all just charizard cards

9 Likes

Maybe they’ll just do a ‘best of’ set from gens 1-8.

PLEASE. A space themed set with some cool holo pattern would be insane

3 Likes

Full art holographic promos of every gen 1 pokemon. Also, using the original “rookie card” art. That would butter my bread right there… And to agree with Gary, they’ll be opening the first Pokemon Center on Mars.

2 Likes

Would a Clefairy arriving on the moon immediately evolve into Clefable?

8 Likes

Full art holos would be amazing fo’ shizzel! Also excpecting the awaited colab with Telsa where Elon Musk shoots Pokemon cards into space from the newly built Mossdeep Space Center.

Hopefully they follow the same vibe as SpaceX rockets and gently fly themselves back to Earth haha

1 Like

Really excited for whatever the Pokemon company decides to do! ofc I hope for past pokémon games to make their way on the Switch eShop (Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, Emerald… okay i know these are very unlikely but i can dream right?). Would love a fun new set that is the “best of” for some of the most influential and popular artists. For example there could be x amt of Arita cards, x amt of Nishida, etc. They could be reprints or reimagines (think Stormfront Charizard)… Unlikely yes, but incredible? also yes.

I had to look it up and my answer is possibly? We know for a fact that the Clefairy line comes from outer space, but no such thing can be said for the Moon Stone. That being said, this card art would indicate that it is, indeed, a part of the moon.
Fun Fact: while searching for an answer, found out that, according to the
Pokémon Pocket Monsters manga, devolving is a completely natural thing, as Red’s Clefairy evolves into a Clefable and then devolves at the end of the battle by eating a lot of Moon Stones (?). He also transforms into Mewthree at some point xD