What cards do you think will be remade in Celebrations?

So with new info about the 25th anniversary set Celebrations. It has been revealed that they will be remaking old iconic cards in a 25 card set including base zard, Gold Star Umbreon, and Tapu Lele GX. What you do all think we could see remade for this set? I’m thinking we could see things such as Neo Gen Lugia, Ancient Mew, and Gold Star Rayquaza, but as we can see with Tapu Lele some comp viable cards may be seen too such as Shaymin EX from Roaring Skies. I would live to hear what you all think!

Info about the set:
www.pokebeach.com/2021/06/celebrations-is-our-25th-anniversary-set-includes-reprint-of-base-set-charizard

Imo if they’re reprinting Tapu Lele GX then Team Up Jirachi is also a possibility, I feel like it’s been a staple in the card game since it was released.

I’m hoping that they print 1-3 of every type of card gimmick they’ve done… deltas, gold stars, ex era ex’s, BW era ex’s, prism cards, ultra beasts, V and Vmax, Lv. X, Dark and Light, Primes… I hope they don’t leave any variants out but I’m super excited to see what all they print

2 Likes

Mewtwo.
Ideally Nurse Joy’s Chansey

I don’t think playability will be a primary focus for reprints here; I’m not expecting a Claydol Prime from Great Encounters.

1 Like

When I first saw the news my immediate thought was Light Arcanine… possibly a Neo style Shining Lugia/Ho-Oh? CoroCoro Mew/Shining Mewtwo?

Maybe a Crystal, but my gut says no.

1 Like

crystals would be cool, crystal metagross Ive always wanted to add to my collection

4 Likes

Charizard

5 Likes

Hopefully a lot of the Pokemon that are in the set are from the the most popular Pokemon Poll. I hate to see a large majority of it made up with Gen 8.

I don’t expect them to try to pull out card types from every year that was definitely surprised.

2 Likes

itll be odd with so many types of cards and only 25 special cards in the set, like 2 or 3 of each I expect. Not enough for a good display

2 Likes

BUZZWOLE BABYYYYY

1 Like

I hope that we get more VS series cards

8 Likes

it would be hard for them to adapt the eseries borders just for maybe 5 cards in a set

We are getting Lance’s Charizard so have to imagine they figured something out based on that.

exceptions will be made for charizord

It would be really cool if they released reimagined versions of the exs. From a collecting perspective, I have zero interest in acquiring reprints but I’d be really curious to see what they look like. I also think the exs really deserve to have homage paid to them. They were such a revolutionary and original design and were a big deal for those who grew up during that time.

3 Likes

its lances charizard V
not gonna look like an eseries

Gotta have a Greninja or Pokemon need to fold. Consistently one of the top rated fave Pokemon. Really cant ignore that XD Or can they?

“Some examples include […] Greninja ☆” :sunglasses:

I think the set is too small for any baby Pokémon to be considered. I reckon it’s going to be a big who was the most popular Pokémon in the 2020 poll? set to please as many people as they possibly can.

Pichu was unfortunately 134th on that list. :sob:

I care more about the artwork that the card boarder and this will be the first time we are getting this card artwork

1 Like

I dont have time to read through everything :blush: It was just my opinion and cant access most sites at work ha.

1 Like