What cards do you think will be remade in Celebrations?

Do we think the reprints/homage cards will visually match the styles they are referencing? Evolutions obviously was similar to Base but with some obvious differences, so it seems likely that’s the route they’ll go. It would be so cool if they printed brand new cards with an identical e-series border or the old ex style though…

Yes, they are the first of multi-prize Pokemon. They better be in Celebrations.

Yes

Im a sucker for those eseries borders with the holo shining through (props to ex dragon and sorta tmta)

2 Likes

Can we please get a Deoxys gold star or celebi remake

2 Likes

With the size of the latest sets it seems possible to do quite a few of these cards. However, if they are only in the mini packs for the sub set of 28 the. We wont get that many. If that is the case then it’s a shame because there is so much opportunity there. I’m excited regardless but the potential of this set to be amazing is there. If they have multiple gold stars, Lv X, Vs and others then they’ll certainly get a lot of money from me lol.

That hydreigon from BW Dragons Exalted was a beast. Excited to see that card getting some love.

Would love to see Garchomp as a Gold Star. Oh & Lugia too.

2 Likes

would love to see a base clefairy remake

1 Like

@shadowless, in a PSA 7 grade? I heard those were the best…

1 Like

Okay, so I’m excited enough about this set to sit down and nerd out over it enough to put together a full predication/wish list.

This list is my wish list while also trying to be somewhat logical based on what we already know (some fan favourite collectible cards and also some playable cards) and the few cards which have been revealed to be part of the set. Confirmed cards are in bold.

1. Charizard - Base set
  2. Blastoise - Base set
  3. Venusaur - Base set
  4. Dark Dragonite - Team Rocket
  5. Blaine’s Arcanine - Gym Challenge
  6. Lugia - Neo Genesis
  7. Shining Gyarados - Neo Rev
  8. Light Dragonite - Neo Destiny
  9. Crystal Celebi - Skyridge
  10. Suicune ex - TMTA
  11. Rocket’s Scizor ex - TRR
  12. Rayquaza Gold Star - EX Deoxys
  13. Umbreon Gold Star - Pop Series 5
  14. Latios ex - Dragon Frontiers
  15. Latias ex - Dragon Frontiers
  16. Luxray Lv X - Rising Rivals
  17. Garchomp Lv X - Supreme Victors
  18. Palkia & Dialga LEGEND (Top) - HGSS Triumphant
  19. Palkia & Dialga LEGEND (Bottom) - HGSS Triumphant
  20. Deoxys - Call of Legends
  21. Reshiram - Black and White Full Art
  22. Mewtwo EX - Next Destinies
  23. Mega Rayquaza EX - Roaring Skies
  24. Tapu Lele GX - Guardian’s Rising
  25. Pikachu and Zekrom GX - Team Up

Will be interesting to see if I get any correct!

5 Likes

Yes please

1 Like

I would LOVE for them to include a Snap promo or a ‘09/‘10 illustration contest promo.

The possibilities are endless

2 Likes

I’m going to guess this is a joke or dig, but a clefairy would make this guy ultimately happy

3 Likes

Yes.

For a new card, I would love a Lugia Gold Star. In terms of remakes, Shining Gyarados would be a must.

4 Likes

I want to see a crystal steelix card. Seriously. It would be interesting to see New crystal types, as opposed to simply re prints of the old ones. Also, while I don’t think these should knock other cards out of place, it’d be really nice to see some early-gen gym leader/elite Four full arts. Surge, Claire, and Lance (to name my favorite) have yet to appear, and they could make some legit full arts!

3 Likes

If TPC does this right, the interest and excitement we all have right now is a huge indicator of how popular this thing is going to be. When was the last time you felt like this for a new standard set release?

1 Like

If we get the DF Latis I will be ecstatic!

I really liked your list. My first thought was Base Charizard / Rocket Dark Blastoise / either Erika’s Venusaur or CD promo Venusaur… But can’t really argue with the classic Base set trio either!

1 Like