[Hopes] Sets/Cards/Choices you're hoping come to be

My favorite modern style of card is the Amazing Rare, and I’m hoping one day we get to see more.

• Cards I’d like to see are:

Amazing Rare Pikachu
Amazing Rare Dragonaire or Dragonite
Amazing Rare Lugia / Ho-oh
Amazing rare Latias / Latios

• As far as sets, I hope to see an Evolutions 2 featuring the Johto generation

• And concerning choices, I’d really like to see holo-rares come in a variety of foil patterns rather than the uniform vertical stripes we currently have.

What are you hoping for?

4 Likes

I definitely like the Amazings more than Lisa Frank rainbow rares.

3 Likes

I love the Amazing Rares, they have brought me new joy in opening modern booster packs. I hope to see Suicune and Entei for the full dogs trio.

5 Likes

Full art Elesa Full art Elesa Full art Elesa Full art Elesa Full art Elesa

3 Likes

Gold Star Deoxys
Amazing Rare Ho-oh
Inverted color rarity
Bring back Dark/Light Pokemon
Bring back Character rares
New form of Chansey next gen like Galarian/Alolan

7 Likes

I pray every night

My wife thinks I’m a loser

5 Likes

Southern Islands Special Set using Pokemon in the Background that arent used till now
A dark-theme criminal Set with evil as Keyelement
A Set with Charizard on the Common Slot and Caterpie as Secret Rare
More Combination of existing Art + Pokemon

2 Likes

aquapolis with wailmer and a crystal metagross

change nothing else about the set lol

1 Like

ITS THE ONLY THING I WANT PLEASE TPCI

3 Likes

I would say more Gyarados but with 4 in the new set I’m kinda overwelmed

3 Likes

But no alt art for some reason, they prioritized medicham

3 Likes

I’d love to see more English exclusive promos as well, but not fast food or cereal related

2 Likes

I have brought this up previously and I believe others have too but they really need more!!

I want artist’s pokemon!
Exactly like Ooyamas Pikachu!
Arita’s Mewtwo, Komiya’s Quagsire, Sowsow’s hoppip.

I want a whole mini set of that.

10 Likes

Special arts featuring shiny Pokemon. Shiny sets are incredibly successful, and special arts have singlehandedly made SWSH TCG the most exciting era since the introduction of full arts to begin with. Hidden/Shining Fates were cool but the copy-paste and MS Paint Bucket style of shinies leaves a lot to be desired. Merging the two would lead to the best Pokemon set of all time, full stop.

I’m very excited for Celebrations. Reviving things like Delta Species and Gold Stars was #1 on my wish list for a long time. Excited to see the pivot towards collectors from Pokemon and we can only hope it continues!

4 Likes

For me, the best part of the amazing rare is the subtle gold trim on certain features. It’s barely noticeable, but it adds that extra level of class and sparkle.

Personally, I’d like to see an amazing rare Porygon. It’s kinda a gag since it probably won’t be playable, but the rainbow effect could go really well with a digital-looking background, and it’s a tribute to one of the original, though mostly useless, trophy mon. But, hey! Why not dream?!

Amazing Rare Deoxys to go with the Amazing Rare Rayquaza would be nice. And they could do some kind of aurora effect in the background.

3 Likes

What is sowsow’s hoppip?

As long as it doesn’t suck I’m up for everything. I’d love it if they did a cosmos holo with squares instead of orbs.

1 Like

Evolutions-style sets for the first dozen or so sets

2 Likes

An entire set of new Pokemon with the original WOTC card template. They’re teasing it with Light Toxtricity for Celebrations. Let’s just get a whole set of it.

3 Likes

There are a lot of problems with this but I would really love a set of gen 1 where the 1st evolution of every evolution line gets a full art