You get to make 1 wish for the Scarlet and Violet TCG era, what is it?

If you could make only one wish for the next era of cards, what would it be? No more rule box Pokemon? No more big basics? Bigger emphasis on something? New mechanic?

Personally, I would love a major change to the English reverse holos. Ever since Black and White, I have not been a fan of any of the variations they have tried. Would love for them to bring back either something similar to the ex-era, or try something new that gets people excited to see what’s in their RH slot.

11 Likes

I would like to see every pack have a holo card, so they can skip out on the different weights of the code card, and make all packs going forward truly unweighable.

Another suggestion is stop calling normal GX/V/etc “ultra rare.” Those cards are not ultra rare, that term should be saved for Gold Stars, old school ex, etc.

14 Likes

Wondering if there might be cards that capitalize on the Terastallization gimic and just have cards with some sort of tasteful crystallization pattern or something. Or ones that have like a shiny gem pattern. I dunno, I feel like they could make some awesome stuff @w@

2 Likes

I do think it wouldn’t be awful taking a page out of Yu-Gi-Oh’s book with different levels of rare. Have your standard rares/holo rares, GX/V/ect becomes a “Super Rare” (or maybe go with Great Rare so you have the Great Ball/Ultra Ball parallel), and save Ultra Rare for the full-art/golds.

2 Likes

Great thread!

My main wish is for the SCVI era to be better than SWSH. I think SWSH has been the greatest of modern eras. Pokemon tried a whole bunch of new things that have made the hobby much more exciting for every level of collecting. If SCVI can carry that torch, then I’ll be satisfied.

(wouldn’t hurt to axe rainbows completely also)

7 Likes

Cosmos holofoil back for regular rares…can’t stand the current regular holos.

24 Likes

English set releases similar to Japanese set releases

7 Likes

Cosmos

8 Likes

Smaller sets

18 Likes

More artwork featuring pokes in nature in their environment with other Pokémon. Would add to the Easter eggs in collecting and could branch out a person’s Tentacruel collection a bit

3 Likes

Would love to get rid of rainbow rares.

17 Likes

i want relic cards. pikachu fur /25

2 Likes

Holos have become so lack luster too, that it feels only natural. At least this:

I’d also like to see a reverse holo pattern that is more uniform, like the JP Sun and Moon, or the tropical/rainbow islands cards.

BUT
Number one thing I’d change:
No Yellow Borders!
:face_vomiting: :skull_and_crossbones:
Make 'em Black! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Complete removal of the Rainbow Rare cards.

21 Likes

Definitely agreed with others on here.

• Bring back the cosmos holofoil
  • Alternate arts > rainbow rares
  • A non-weighable pack
  • Dare I say the resurgence of crystal or gold star cards :scream_cat:
  • Less Charizord
9 Likes

My number one wish for the upcoming era is to continue doing alternate arts. I love how unique each alternate art is.

10 Likes

100%! Maybe its just me, but HR/RR feel like a let down when thats your hit. Also just feels like work at this point getting them to complete a set. :expressionless:

5 Likes

Gimme a team rocket set and reverse holos with the set stamp and holo artbox like the EX era

11 Likes

I just want a decent holo, so the holo rares feel special again

2 Likes

Making a themed set with titled Pokemon again. By this I mean sets like Magma vs. Aqua and Rocket/Rocket Returns. The last time we saw one was the tiny subset of Double Crisis during the XY era.

I would love if they made a 3rd Rocket set called “Rockets Revenge” or something of the sort. Instead of reintroducing “Dark” Pokemon, they introduce “Shadow” Pokemon into the tcg. If alternate arts are still a thing, those would look incredible with the angry/evil looking Pokemon.

7 Likes