Your favorite Pokémons

Not sure if there has ever been a thread for this, but I haven’t seen one since I joined the forum about a year ago, so here we go.

Just post your favorite Pokémons. Since I had a hard time deciding, I didn’t really make a top 10, but just placed all my favorite Pokémons. Most are due to the design, but also a few for other reasons.

My all time favorite is Seviper (#336). Snakes are my favorite animals, and although I like Ekans and Arbok as well, Seviper is definitely my favorite. It’s complete design is amazing, and I’m glad I decided to collect those as well along with my Pikachu collection recently. I also discovered that all the cards designs are pretty on-point as well!

Others I like ordered by national index (so in no particular order in terms of favorite - some I like more than others, but these are all my favorite Pokémons):
#25 Pikachu: Although it’s not my absolute favorite Pokémon, it’s iconic, well-known, and the mascot of Pokémon in general. How can you not like it?
#65 Alakazam: As a kid I always had (day)dreams about magical powers (and being a Pokémon trainer of course :stuck_out_tongue: ), and psychic was one of those powers. And just like with this entire list I like the design of Alakazam as well.
#081 Magnemite: I wonder how we would react when we would have seen a floating magnet in the current gens. Would we react the same way as to Pokémon like Klefki? I personally really like Magnemite’s design, and apart from Pikachu I had Magnemite the most in my TCG collection (probably about 12 or so out of the ±1,000 cards).
#93 Haunter: I just love how they portrait him in the anime. Always cracks me up when I see an episode with Haunter.
#99 Kingler: I liked it every time Ash used his Kingler in the anime, and after I got pulled the holo Expedition Base Set Kingler card, I liked it even more.
#104 Marowak: That he throws his bone as a boomerang is cool, and it’s also kinda mysterious that we never see it’s face. All in all a great Pokémon and I was happy every time I pulled on from a pack. Oh, and the colors of the Alola version is pretty cool as well.
#132 Ditto: Well, I guess we all know why I like it, because of his design of course! power to change into any other Pokémon. I always imagined how overpowered a Ditto with photographic memory would be, being able to transform into any Pokémon it has ever seen in the past at any time in a battle. :slightly_smiling_face:
#141 Kabutops: One of my favorites in terms of design. Just look at him(/her?), it looks so cool!
#142 Aerodactyl: I like dinosaurs, I collect fossils (among other things…) and I like his design of course.
#146 Moltres: When I imagined I was a Pokémon trainer in generation I, Moltres was always one of my six Pokémon. It’s a legendary bird, majestic and powerful at the same time. And the WOTC 21 promo Moltres card is also my favorite card design ever.
#151 Mew: Mew is just cute ^-^, especially the giggle in the anime.
#185 Sudowoodo: It’s funny. I like that it’s pretty tall, and it hates water. And I also really liked the Sudowoodo flipp. I never really understand people who collects loads of the exact same card, but I did the same with this flippo as a kid. :laughing: I probably had about 30+. (PS: Are they called flippo in English as well, or is it cogs or pogs or something?)
#208 Steelix: Just amazing looking, and I had quite a few Steelix cards in my collection. Also, my grandpa made me a Steelix painting once (with made up colors since he forgot what color it was::blush: . So it has green, yellow, red, etc.)
#319 Sharpedo: I love the Team Aqua’s Sharpedo card, which is the main reason why it’s on this list. I got it from a pack, and love it! Just like Kingler one of those cards I just love mostly due to one amazing card. When I had this I didn’t even knew it was actually ‘cut off’ at the end. :laughing:
#384 Rayquaza: Apart from Seviper, Rayquaza is probably my favorite. It’s cool, looks great, his movements are awesome in the anime, he’s strong, he’s kinda a snake as well as a dragon. And he’s mostly seen above the ozone in space.
#462 Magnezone: A worthy last evolution of Magnemite. It’s just so smooth looking and one of my favorites of generation IV.
#632 Durant: Ants are one of my favorite animals as well, and they nailed it with this Durant design. And being a steel-type is also a plus for me.
#717 Yveltal: Another amazing legendary design, and great choice of colors. I didn’t really liked it in the movie, though…
#M-6 Mega Charizard X: Those colors! This is what Mega Pokémon is all about!
#M-142 Mega Aerodactyl: Added spikes are never a bad thing imo, so I like it just as much as the regular Aerodactyl.
#M-384 Mega Rayquaza: I like Mega Rayquaza as much as the regular one. And I also really like the Shining ones. And those ?whiskers? that corrospond with the yellow stripes on the regular version is a nice touch; like they came off from his skin.
#M-660 Ash’s Greninja: The star of the show in the last anime season.
#724 Decidueye: Maybe adding the Sun & Moon Pokémon is a bit soon, but some designs are pretty cool. I really like that he uses his wings as a bow and arrow.
#733 Toucannon: Ok, I hate the name. But what can I say, I love Toucans, and although it looks more like an actual Toucan than a Pokémon, the natural design of ana ctual Toucan is amazing, so so is this Pokémon’s design. :wink:
#746 Wishiwashi: What’s up with those names?!.. :sweat: I like the way it’s scared alone and fearsome as a group, though. Probably my favorite of the Sun & Moon Pokémon.
#792 Lunala: Well, you can say quite a few things about some Pokémon designs, but almost all the legendaries are pretty cool. It’s hard to name one that isn’t.

Ok, the list is a bit longer than I thought; and I even left out quite a few of them…
So, what are some of your favorite Pokémons. Even if it’s just one, I’d love to know what some of your favorite Pokémons are and why.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Venusaur

5 Likes

I like rayquaza a little bit.

14 Likes

Vaporeon, Crobat, Kingdra

3 Likes

Not in a preference order but in national dex order as I can’t decide an order for them

• Charizard
  • Ho-Oh
  • Gardevoir
  • Flygon
  • Salamence
  • Latias
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Xerneas

Those are my main favorites and the reason why I like them goes mainly by the design and / or getting attached to them by playing the Pokemon games. I like dragon Pokemon the most in general

3 Likes

Bulbasaur, Lucario and Hoopa!

Bulbasaur always makes his way into my team when available. I think he was the best designed starter and he is the No. 001.

I like the design behind Lucario as I’ve always been fascinated with Egyptian history. I don’t mind Cofagrigus as well for that very reason.

Hoopa is a late addition to my likes, but seeing the Hoopa movie and what it is capable of, it’s hard not to like it. I really like both forms as well!

2 Likes

LARVITAR!

Ever since I was a kid I’ve just loved everything about that little guy. The overall design has always been super appealing to me. The best part about it to me was how you had to work to catch him in Silver/Gold on Victory Road, as if he was your little reward for going so far.

Also, let’s not forget to mention his evo-line is the bees knees. Leveling him up was a bish, but when you finally did you got that badass of a Pokémon Tyranitar :grin:

3 Likes

The highly overrated Charizard

1 Like

No particular order:

Haunter-from mischievous ways to his dream eatin’ powers I really like this ghoul. I enjoy his simple sharp design and the idea of it being a ghost is great!

Charizard- Because Charizard.

Mewtwo- Literally looks like it will obliterate anything in its sight! The overall grey humanoid design is phenomenal as well. Seeing it psychic blow Pokémon ass is probably my favorite thing about the M2.

MissingNo.- Although it is not an official Pokémon I really wish it were one. The abstract aesthetic design of this Pokémon fascinates me, I wonder how it’s attacks would physically look like in battle.

Kabutops- Sharp razor scythes as arms and a sinister look in its eyes just alone is what I appreciate about it. A rock Pokémon that can swim is alright in my book!

Rayquaza- I just wish it were real! It’s a dragon, it can fly and it can mega evolve into a much more majestic beast! I’d teach this beast Thunder, Hyper Beam, Fire Blast and Ice Beam, bring it on dragon tamers!

Articuno- Probably the most elegant Pokémon I’ve seen! The fact that I love birds in general puts this Ice Jay in my list automatically.

Mew- Just imagine owning a pet Mew. Nuff said.

Blastoise- “Stoise, Hydro Pump!” Come on, a giant blue tortoise with canons on its back is a no brainer!

Raichu- I always wish I had a Jerboa, to think this is a Jerboa that can Thunder! Come on what’s there not to like. Plus it’s ears and tail are wicked dope.

3 Likes

My faves:

Darkrai: So sinister and cool. Not many truly scary Pokemon but this one definitely is. Pokemon Diamond was the first game I played when I got back into Pokemon, and the fact that I could never catch this thing made it that much more amazing in my eyes. I hope when they do the eventual Sinnoh remakes they make it near-impossible to find.

Rayquaza: A damn green sky dragon. Need I say more?

Greninja: I’m a total fanboy.

3 Likes

Gengar… because i raped the entire school in 1999 with my gengar… even the kid with mew failed!!!

1 Like

I think there may have been a better verb there when talking about children… lol

3 Likes

If you mean verb (raped) then I believe molested would be better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

oops… but yeah I do believe that to be more proper in the context of his story :wink:

1 Like

Gyarados.

Historically Gyarados has been an intergeral part in human development and social constructs as far back as humans have put pen to paper. It is said Cleopatra was such a fan of Gyarados after being enthralled with the Red Gyarados from Pokemon Gold she pledged to end her life by a Gyarados, obviously sentiment can only get you so far so she opted for the closest thing at her disposale - an Egyptian Asp. Gyarados has also been the mascot for the 1964 Olympics Games in Tokyo as well as the next games in 2020.

Gyarados truly has ancient origins

12 Likes

Got to be Psyduck. How could anyone not love a troubled Platypus, capable of strong psychic powers?!

3 Likes

Marill and chespin cute little guys

Mareep, Flaaffy and of course Ampharos! - I would always fly through the beginning of Silver to get to the route that had mareeps and evolve them into a cute flaaffy and then into the magnificent ampharos! Such a Powerhouse and easy to train :blush: I love the design, colors and uniqueness of them all as well.

Mew - because what everyone else said and it was the first japanese card I ever had and I thought it was 1 of 1 thee rarest card in the world!! lol

Slowpoke - such cute, love petting it in the games, very funny, :thinking::thinking:??

Scizor - strong boy

There are a lot more these are just the few that come to mind right away and I am playing Moon right now so this list is going to be HUGE once I catch and get a feel for these new pokemons :grin:

1 Like

**TOP TIER

Alakazam -** Easily the best, no contest. Coolest 100% natural non-steroid lab manufactured BS psychic pokemon (looking at you mewtwo).
Kadabra even has an insane SP. attack stat and is stupid good for a stage 2 pokemon. Literally had to be stopped in the TCG by a salty IRL psychic who knew he couldn’t compete and needed to ruin what could have been an amazing thing (DELTA SPECIES ALAKAZAM ANYONE?).

HIGH TIER

Kingdra - Dragon water typing? God dam this thing is a tank with zero realistic weaknesses when you fight it in gold/silver. Better be ready to spam thunder wave and potions if you thought making a balanced party was cool. Not to mention AMAZING delta species art in the EX holon phantoms set.

Heracross - First bug Pokemon that didn’t suck, great attack stat, cool AF. His neo genesis card is one of my all time favorites.

Slowking - Enlightened slowpoke, spoke english in the movie like a boss, also has one of the iconic nostalgia artworks in the neo genesis set.

**PRETTY GOOD TIER

Electabuzz** - Always used him in the pokemon TCG for game boy color because lets be honest 70hp with a 1 cost energy attack is pretty dam good. Cool pokemon, RUINED by his evolution IMO.

Rhydon - Rock/ground type that weighs a shit ton but can still learn blizzard and surf in red/blue. YOU ARE A HUGE ROCK HOW ARE YOU NOT SINKING. Rhydon was also ruined by his evolution, but still remains one of the greats.

MEH TIEREveryone else is ok because pokemon are awesome in general but I ain’t waxing on about them here. Need to go get something to eat can’t finish a huge list.

3 Likes

This is true , gyarados is the only choice , legend has it god himself was a gyarados collector and only created the world as we know it because he needed a new hobby after finally getting his godly hands on the snap gyarados thus completing his collection .

4 Likes