What is your favorite Pokémon and why?

What is your favorite Pokémon and why?

As you can probably tell from my username mine is charizard. The only reason I like him is because when I was 6 my mom got me Pokémon red because blue was sold out everywhere. So he became my favorite. Bulba is a very close second though. In the anime bulba was super tough.

11 Likes

Charizard was my 1st starter in Red, always liked Fire types best. Raised it all the way up to lv 100 battling everything with it. Ever since its just stuck with me as my favorite. I’ve added other favs to the list like Garchomp and Greninja. But Charizard will always be my number 1, i just dont collect him bc the cards are too expensive!

4 Likes

He was mine too

Articuno & Espeon!

they look cute imo :smiley:

7 Likes

Mine has been Mewtwo ever since I saw The First Movie in theaters as a kid. I was already a big fan of cats, and I thought Mewtwo had a sympathetic backstory. I also felt pretty outcast in school as the girl that talks about video games and pokemon (before it was seen as cool) so I really related in that regard. Not to mention him being the most powerful pokemon in the world (before they retconned this with newer legendaries and added BS about two Mewtwos etc, I refuse it).

Mewtwo fan forever :heart:
tumblr_6d79b4420fbc0c925c43bb49c5ec10c4_34b5016e_640

11 Likes

Uxie. The fact its Uxie.

2 Likes

Copy and paste from a similar 2021 thread:

Back in the early 2000s I used to participate in the official Nintendo “Nsider” forums with the exact username I use today. It was giant with sub forums for each IP. I was originally browsed the Animal Crossing boards, a bit of the Smash bros, the off-topic “Power On” etc. Eventually I stuck almost exclusively with the Pokemon board and was relatively active there. Back then my #1 Pokemon was Wingull, and Flying type was (and still is) my favourite.

In 2007, Nsider was “indefinitely” shut down and many spin-off communities were made. I went with a group of Pokemon people to a small community; haven’t talked to any of them in a while but we were close for years. We would often communicate through MSN messenger but there was a period of time where it was on it’s way out to be replaced with [trash] Skype and so we experimented with alternative chat systems. One was Xat and it was basically a proto-Discord. (I swear this is going somewhere).

When you join a Xat room it automatically assigns you a silly username. I mine was “SnuggyBunny” and I stuck with it for a bit. The bunny thing became what I guess you could call a meme and I just embraced it. Eventually, rabbits just became my favourite animal because of the association and I even got a pet bunny because of it.

Because it was around 2007-2008ish, Buneary/Lopunny were “the rabbit” Pokemon and since this community I participated in was primarily Pokemon-based it just ended up being my favourite. I’ve just carried that and the rabbit thing to today. I think in online communities like this, it helps to have some identity or easy association for people to make. But maybe I could have chose a better “identity” since people just assume it’s a creepy furry thing but I’m pretty used to it at this point and it doesn’t bother me.

P.S. Here’s a card

22 Likes

Latias/Latios, because of these two things:

(both images from Google)

Hardcore nostalgia. Objectively, I think that Flygon and Salamence are cooler designs. But I’ve just had a longstanding preoccupation with Latias/Latios, for reasons that I’m pretty sure are connected to the Pokemon Heroes movie and having used the identical binder as the one pictured above to store my favorite cards.

11 Likes

Seviper from the EX Sandstorm holo. I pulled it as a kid and thought it was so cool. I was given a dark arbok by my cousin and thought it was cool with the dark theme and as a gen 3 kid seviper is the gen 3 arbok. I dont like snakes irl but clearly I like them as pokemon.

3 Likes

Squirtle was my starter, but it’s gotta be Dragonite. I had to have one on my team along with Starmie on any playthrough. Plus it’s a dragon :smirk:

8 Likes

Rayquaza.

I’m most nostalgic towards gen 3. The playground rumor was that Rayquaza was the most powerful Pokémon of all time, so that helped draw my attention. Its design instills power and ferociousness, something that few Pokémon do as effectively. I had multiple Rayquaza cards from ex era and the Rayquaza Lv. X promo is one of my favorite cards. It has one of the best designs of any legendary Pokémon. Its shiny sprite is superb. Its Mega sprite is solid. It’s part dragon type and has very good stats. Emerald was the first game I really sunk my teeth into. Ray has one of the all time best battle themes in any Pokémon game. It has an endless supply of fantastic tcg arts and has been in every single card era since its debut. I can even look past the no teeth Rayquaza memes and view it as my definitive favorite :no_mouth:

13 Likes

DJ has some explaining to do :angry:

11 Likes

Blastoise is the superior starter. All gens.
Pinsir has been my favorite since the samurai episode. Pika /articuno are close 3rd place tied. Hes been done wrong in the tcg so many times… very few playable cards of him, but he does have some sweet art…

Here is an original piece i commissioned.

"GUILLOTINE "

@Versy
Mewtwo is the :muscle: Pokemon …4 ever…

@pfm
Always thought of nidoran (m/f) as wild hares /jackrabbits

13 Likes

I like them a lot too :slight_smile:

Ahh that’s lovely!! Even though Mewtwo is my Official Favorite I’ve taken such a liking to Pinsir myself. It’s one of the uglier bug pokemon that looks like it would be terrifying in real life, and I like that. Heracross is too cute for me! A really satisfying one to collect as well since the list of merch is small, everything feels very attainable lol.

And if you ever need more Pinsir art hit me up!! :wink:

1 Like

signal-2022-11-07-165236

8 Likes

I see you are a fellow Pokemon Heroes fan. This is my favorite pokemon movie. Maybe its because I was old enough to understand the intricacies when I watched it unlike the others but still great movie.

1 Like

Funny you mention that…
Actually have been needing to finish a deal with someone but need art done…
Gonna order some custom acrylic card stands off ebay, but the guy needs my art files… i obviously have a logo but wanted something both more stylish and simple… but also that uses a line art version of my logo… if that makes sense…
Still interesed?

Basically a jungle pinsir version of this…

Here is example of stands…

Same, but reason for me is it was my favorite as a kid. Favorite card growing up was Ancient Mew and fell in love with Mew from the 2000 movie. What’s not to love about Mew?

3 Likes

Hmm hard choice between pikachu, espeon and Lugia.

Gotta go with the mascot yellow mouse, as boring as it may be.

1 Like