What is your favorite Pokémon and why?

Tough day on my end so figured I’d ask something fun.

What is your favorite Pokémon and why?

Mine is charizard because my first game was Pokémon red and I remember my mom buying g it for me when I was 6. Brings back a-lot of really nice memories not only of Pokémon but of seeing my mom just trying to make her kid happy. Makes me appreciate everything she has done for me

9 Likes

Déjà vu?

Cheers!

5 Likes

Haha maybe I’m feeling a bit sentimental today :sweat_smile:

Mine is probably Celebi. There are many reasons: grass is my favorite type, followed by psychic, I generally like mythical pokemon a lot, and the all concept behind celebi is awesome. It’s the god of its forest and it’s worshipped like a little kami, and the shrine thing is so cool.

Also an onion with wings doing time shenanigans? I’m in,

4 Likes

Greetings from Machine City :alien:

SM NU - Queen Dusclops (Peak #1 1742) | Smogon Forums

Regi Pokemon Regis GIF - Regi Pokemon Regis Registeel - Discover & Share GIFs

3 Likes

Rhydon, the first Pokemon ever made.

6 Likes

Kind, goofy, intelligent, and powerful

6 Likes

I don’t have a favorite. I wish I did. Zubat isn’t my favorite, thought I do love Zubat. Maybe Caterpie or Butterfree or Crobat or Jigglypuff. I used to love Steelix and Scizor.

1 Like

To quote myself from one of the many similar threads. :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

When gold was released and steel type became a thing, I was pumped. Then Jasmine sent out that large metal snake and I was hooked. I LOVE huge resistance types, and paired with ground’s immunity to electric, Steelix is king

6 Likes

My favorite has been and forever will be Charizard. My 1st starter, when I first played Red at release. Plus, its an awesome Fire Dragon, what else can an impressionable youth desire? Unfortunately, everyone else seems to also have my love for Charizard. So collecting my #1 is unattainable, so I had to choose between my 2-3 pics, Garchomp and Greninja. In making the Greninja decision, its has since moved up to the #2 spot.

1 Like

I couldnt pick a favourite. I really love Gen 2 Pokemon tho. Especially this lil guy

4 Likes

IMG_1218

Don’t have a cool story about why, but I’ve just always loved Squirtle and his two evolved forms

3 Likes

Rayquaza because its the best Legendary. It has no competition. Sorry folks

1 Like

Lots of great ones here, but this is MINE, and I’m sorry to say I am not sure, after recent designs:

Steelix has always been my fave…

…but Ceruledge is a new challenger to that, and I really like the elegant but intimidating design of Mega Absol…

5 Likes

Lapras.

It’s cute.

3 Likes

instead of writing I will just screenshot the what i posted on my Instagram a while back :sweat_smile: with some photos

this is the 1st holo i ever pulled

and this is my favorite Raichu card with my next 7 favorite Pokemon in the background (all cards illus. by Atsuko Nishida)

4 Likes

cute, fairy, egg.

4 Likes

Steelix is definitely one of my faves, I remember seeing it for the first time in this ad that’s in the Pokémon Movie 2000 VHS:

The idea that the monster that is Onix could evolve into something even cooler/more powerful just blew me away.

6 Likes

All the Steelix love makes me forget how much I loved the Pokemon too. Steelix was such a menacing Pokemon.

4 Likes