You get to make 1 wish for the Scarlet and Violet TCG era, what is it?

the chase card pokemon to not have a ring on their heads

Already made one wish, but if I had a second one, it would be a set that’s essentially the opposite of Eevee Heroes - one featuring underdog favorites (Bidoof, Magikarp) and less popular Pokemon (Kricketune, pretty much most bug types).

Almost guaranteed to not happen though, since we’ll likely just get a ton of sets featuring 'zards and another Eevee set.

2 Likes

You’d think that they would refrain from doing so as it would certainly dampen the chase if all of them had those ugly cut & paste type hats on the art
but you never know with them.

Would probably sell a lot less than expected. Such a dumb gimmick.

1 Like

No more rainbow rares, please!
And smaller set sizes, I miss there only being 100 -120 cards in a set

2 Likes

I surely can’t afford another Eevee Heroes set!

1 Like

This will never happen, but significantly cut down the amount of rarities we have. I long to go back to the days of the EX era where it went Holo/EX card/Gold Star; not the 856 different rarities we have today, some of which are just the same exact art with a different foil pattern.

Everyone has already mentioned Rainbow Rares, so I’ll add this tidbit: they would have been so much cooler if they were just a Sun and Moon era exclusive. That would have actually given them infinitely more collectibility moving forward. Now they’re just played out.

5 Likes

Decent animations like the N64 Pokemon Stadium game

3 Likes

A complete ban of Boss’s Order or simular working cards.

With the return of ex cards I gotta say delta species cards. I love them to death and it’d work well with the Terrastalize mechanic of the gen!

4 Likes

Fanfavourites like charizard get a lower spot in rarity
Weak Pokemon like Caterpie/Geodude get the very rare spot and transform to THE Chasecard

1 Like

I think we are long overdue a full blown TCG RPG like the Game Boy games too.

1 Like

boss has been around since base set (gust of wind). i know we had a period without it, but imo it is as much of a staple as prof research

1 Like

Having war flashbacks to the BW era when this secret rare came out

1 Like

I was playing when Gust of wind was played, I was playin g when Catcher was played. I am still playing but even after 20 years a card who can that easy pull something up ruins the game for me.

Just thought of this one, but for the Japanese sets, it would really fun if for certain ancient Paradox forms they had just that card in an oldback (and in an old format, maybe Japanese base set), buried in a pack randomly among all the other current cards.

2 Likes

I can only echo things that a lot of people have already said:

• Smaller sets (<100 for most sets would be ideal).
  • Reduce the amount of secret rares to 1 or 2 per set (and not include SR’s in every single set).
  • Scrap/reduce rainbow rares to 1 per set.
  • More alternate arts.
  • New regular holo pattern, be it cosmos or something similar.
  • Redesign all regular holo rares in the style of character rares.
  • Theme sets or tell a story eg Delta Species or Breakpoint.
  • Randomly include shiny PokĂ©mon in sets ala Fates Collide.
2 Likes

While I think this is a fantastic idea in theory, you would have to scrap Character Rares for this to happen. Otherwise it would all just look the same (assuming you meant turning the regular holos into full arts). And even then, it would kind of cheapen the Character Rares we already have.

Don’t get me wrong: I love the idea, particularly because I definitely think holos are in critical need of a redesign. I’m just not sure how the execution would turn out.

1 Like

Yeah, it’d have to be handled in a way as not to cheapen existing Character Rares or full arts.

I was envisioning it as them as using the regularly intended artwork, but blown up to cover the full face of the card (inside the yellow border), with a holo pattern in the background.

The XY Ancient Trait holos are actually quite close:

That way, CR’s can keep the trainer-inclusive artwork and mirror holo, while full arts have the texturing and silver borders.

2 Likes

All sets should be like vintage Japanese sets: 1 holo per pack. 2-3 secret rares per set. Most set sizes between 60-100 cards, actually reasonable to collect if you enjoy opening packs.

1 Like

25th Anniversary Pokémon Center 2023 promos

4 Likes