You get the choice of 1 booster box to open. which is it?

Rules: you either keep the cards in your personal collection, or sell them and 100% goes to charity. no personal profit or gain.

Which booster box do you choose? Any era, language etc.

6 Likes

Japanese Neo 3 or Split Earth (preferably unlimited), for the slim chance pf pulling a Shining Gary/Karp or a Crystal Ho-Oh. All other holo/UC/C cards in these sets also look sick. Not gonna happen anytime soon, though :neutral_face:

I’d say EX Crystal Guardians. So many great cards I’d love to get in a high grade.

2 Likes

1st ed or Shadowless Base.

5 Likes

Skyridge or Neo Destiny all day. Aquapolis for easy third choice

3 Likes

ex Team Rocket Returns. It was one of the most recent sets when I started playing, I think the Dark and Rocket’s cards are really unique and special and I’d love to have some minty copies of those holos and exs, and I want a shot at chasing a Gold Star.

3 Likes

Expedition, Aquapolis, or Skyridge. Having a hard time choosing between one of those. Next would be Neo Destiny and then TRR

1 Like

After much debate, I opened a Japanese Neo 3 box about five years ago. Didn’t pull a single Shining. And I’ve been kicking myself every since. :rofl:

4 Likes

Neo Destiny or Ex Team Rocket Returns.

Fossil 3rd Print / Red Logo

1 Like

Dragon Frontiers JP UED, because I have yet to see a box of it

Even though I prefer ex era, it would have to be a Wotc box since you’ll get more hits per box. I’ll take Legendary Collection (: loved that set as a kid

It’s also one of my favorite booster box designs, with the holo on it.

6 Likes

1st edition base set honestly. I’d love to open up a Skyridge or a TRR or something, but 1st ed base would be the dream.

1 Like

1/300 or 1/600 packs right?

1st edition Base set, easy choice for me.

1 Like

Ex Team Rocket Returns or an EX Fire Red Leaf Green, never played the original games but I played the hell out of the remakes and these sets really capture the feeling of those games and my personal nostalgia.

3 Likes

Honestly, EX Team Rocket Returns. Not only is there the thrill of the adorable Gold Star starter chase cards, but most of the regular holos and commons/uncommons in this set are stunning. I’d be happy just acquiring most of those, especially their stamped reverse holo versions.

3 Likes

Prob OG 1st ed Team Rocket. I already have most of the set completed, but damnit, that set is STILL my favorite after all these years. Then after that would probably be Power Keepers or Holon Phantoms. I wasn’t on the Pokemon scene when those sets released and it would be awesome to collect that art. Those sets are bangers for the artwork.

4 Likes

This is tough to be honest. I would narrow it down to 1st ed neo revelations, skyridge and legendary collection. Neo genesis would have been the natural choice as one of the next sets not completes in psa, but honestly I am not a fan of the art, so I dismissed that from the equation.
Neo revelations, I love the artwork, and of course the chance of a shining would be a bonus. I have not started a psa set in it, so would be great. Only downside would be the number of duplicates as it is such a small set. Thus the raws after grading the minty ones would take up more space…
Skyridge would be great as the artworks are INCREDIBLE. It is also a larger set, so the chances are there would be less duplicates of the non holos.
Legendary, the reverse holos have grown on me overtime, so popping a box wouid be amazing to get a good start on a complete psa set of them. However, the downside is the no reverses. They are effectively duplicates of the previous sets, so i would not feel as much desire to collect the whole set/grade the whole set. For this reason, this is third choice.

In summary, my final box selection would be SKYRIDGE!

1 Like

German base. Got into Pokemon when living on a NATO base in the late 90s as a kid and still treasure those beat-up German cards with their wacky names.

4 Likes