If you could only collect 1 set, which would you choose?

I like to think about if I was was forced to collect only a single set or generation, which would I choose. For me, It’d have to be skyridge. Although I like aquapolis normal holos more, the crystal cards are much better in skyridge, plus theres double the amount. Curious what set you guys would settle on if you had to choose just 1.

One Set? Base.
One Generation? Gen 1, because of Base.

3 Likes

Vintage; Base
Modern: Evolving Skies

Neo Destiny

5 Likes

Not a set collector but it will have to be Pokemon VS. Japanese exclusive with incredible artwork.

Cheers!

1 Like

Golden sky , Silvery ocean.

1 Like

Gotta be base

1 Like

Southern islands. :smile:

4 Likes

I think I’d choose HGSS Undaunted. The Art is in my opinion really good (my favorites being the scizor and the Kyogre/Groudon Legend) with very few exceptions and the chase cards feature som neat Species. On top of that the set isn’t too big and therefore has no real filler cards.

1 Like

My heart will always say 1st Ed base, but a joint first would be neo destiny.

Very difficult question.

I would say Vs Series.

-Features both Pokémon and human characters
-Great selection of Pokémon from Generation I+II
-Terrific theming with having each trainer’s Pokémon drawn by one artist
-Great organization with each trainer being showcased as their own section of the set.
-Includes holographic cards (unlike vending, for example)
-High card count so there’s a lot to collect and a lot to look at
-Interesting set from a historical perspective, being the first new back Japanese set that introduced a bunch of things Japan didn’t have until then (set numbers, 1st edition, etc)

6 Likes

Vending!

3 Likes

For me it would be base set as it is my childhood favorite, but the vending series would be definitely an awesome choice, really underrated imo

1 Like

Put me down for gen one too :stuck_out_tongue:

I would collect FRLG. The set has nice gen 1 artwork plus I love the stampless reverse holos that make the entire set look like it comes in regular holo.

3 Likes

For vintage, definitely the Base Set… specifically 1st Ed. I would also probably be interested in collecting one of the E-Reader sets since they have regular holos and reverse foils which could take a while to fully complete a set combined with a more scarce supply compared to earlier WOTC sets.

For Modern, probably Evolving Skies. Lots of good cards there.

1 Like

easy choice. Vs.

2 Likes

EX Team Rocket Returns! Dark pokemon, very cool ex cards, solid gold stars, great reverse holo pattern and an amazing selection of featured pokemon

5 Likes

EX Delta Species for me!

I’ve always had a fascination with δ species Pokémon, and the reverse holos in the set are gorgeous. I collected a good chunk of the set by opening packs as a kid, and a back burner goal of mine is to eventually complete it.

2 Likes

Same! I love Neo Destiny’s holos :blush:

1 Like

VS Series hands down.

Best artwork in the e-Series, the set follows a theme, and it is a great tribute to the amazing artists.

2 Likes