WTB PSA 10 Unlimited Charizard

Want to buy a psa 10 unlimited Charizard. Will pay fair marker price :blush:

What is your fair market price? You might flush one out if you state your price;)

I think a fair price would be $650, preferable with the new psacase.

Damn, is the unlimited zard really that high now?

it is riding on the hype of the 1st edition atm

1 month ago today my last one sold at auction for $840.

This is a reasonably priced listing with best offer option available, especially with the extras. PSA 10 charizard evo line

Maybe you will have luck with them, but may have to come up a bit.

Thank you! :blush:

That auction didnt show up in my search because of my location.

But I bought this for 550 british pounds/710.27 U.S. dollars.
I think I got a good price :blush:

Thanks for the help!

4 Likes

What was it at the last time you remember?

I remember buying mine for $320 USD in 2015

1 Like

Around 300. I dont keep up with charizard much. Great pokemon, but way too overhyped. Id like a base set one though.

What exactly is overhyped? Iā€™m not trying to jump on you, Iā€™ve just been seeing this too often and itā€™s starting to sound like an overused phrase by people that arenā€™t happy with the cards current market price.

In other words I donā€™t see how a card that has the most popular speicies, is from the first set of cards released, and has the highest quality grade is overhyped.

2 Likes

Itā€™s funny how fast you go to the card. He said Charizard is overhyped not the card. Honestly he is, as weā€™ve seen in multiple polls, and just common sense, he is not the most popular Pokemon.

I know you aggressively defend the price of 1st edition Charizard, but you need to take it down a notch. Your response verges on aggressive and comical.

Charizard is the most expensive species yeah, and it will stay that way because the reputation is so set in stone and repeated ad nauseum. When the media has continually covered them as such and it has more publicity than most things in the hobby because of the allure of the almighty $$$

chill out, no one is trying to take away from the value of the card. I own a Charizard as an investment myself, but I personally donā€™t care for him as much as many other pokes.

2 Likes

This discussion is on the unlimited version of the card, which was selling for over $800 a few months ago. Has dropped to $650 and is still being called overhyped. My personal stance on a card has nothing do do with the debate, and is irrelevant.

Not that it matters, but I try not to put my personal collection into account when defending stances. I havenā€™t been propping up the 1st ed charizard at all. If you can find post where I have be my guest to call me out. I simply state what has happened in my experiences and enjoy watching/being on top of market trends. If that means calling out people that take opposite stance of the evidence, and is based on opinion then so be it.

Edit: reread @pokemoncollector7 his stance was on charizard in general. Regardless I stand by my thoughts.

Iā€™d comfortably say that out of all of the specific pokemon collectors out there, Charizard and Pikachu are the most common. I dislike pikachu and most of its cards because I just generally dont like it as a mascot.

Charizard is a lot better, but its still a ridiculously common pokemon to see people collect, and it just gets boring at a point. And the price of the 1st edition one obviously speaks towards this as well. Its made some massive jumps in the past year or two. They arent suddenly more rare. A large amount of them didnt just disappear off the face of the Earth. Its all Charizard hype.

Again what exactly does hype mean? Are you confusing popular with hype? Nobody is hyping charizard, nobody is going around saying only Charizard is what people should be after. What exactly are you trying to say about Charizard?

Letā€™s look at it as if that were true, lets say Charizard is overhyped. That would mean all charizard cards are (artificially) going up in price. This isnā€™t true, base unlimited has been going down. It would mean that only charizard is increasing in price. Not true again, pretty much every 1st edition card is going up in price (not just base).

Again ā€˜hypeā€™ to me sounds like a code word for unhappy with the market.

2 Likes

you are arguing semantics. again they were originally talking about the pokemon itself, not the value of anything. I like you and I donā€™t want to ā€œargueā€ this whole thing seems kind of silly to me. hype is ā€œextravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.ā€ if you want to play that game

charizard has more of that in the collection realm of pokemon than any other poke

Well done, after fees the seller will get about 617 so your original offer of $650 was not unreasonable at all. happy it worked out for you :blush:

I feel semantics is important here.

The comment that got me into this discussion was in refence to the price point of charizard going to $650 and @pokemoncollector7 saying ā€˜Great pokemon, but way too overhyped.ā€™

What exactly is the meaning behind that phrase? To me it says you think itā€™s overpriced. I could be wrong and intention is hard to disect through text. So maybe Iā€™m off, but I rejected the notion and said why I thought it was off.

The response I got from you @fazool is that Iā€™m quick to come to the cards defense for personal reasons. I defended against that, not that it makes my points irrelevant.

@pokemoncollector7 tried defending his position by saying itā€™s popular but using the term hype instead of popular.

My intention of my last post was to diferenciate popular from hype. Popular is something I;m okay with, being popular doesnā€™t make you overpriced. Being overhyped implies overpriced.

1 Like

I know you all know that of my known cards I have by far the biggest and most valuable Charizard collection in the world. Keep in mind thereā€™s many I havenā€™t let on about that are a very important part of my Charizard hobby.
Because of that, I feel I should weigh in on this. These recent events are making it difficult to continue to grow my favorite hobby so hereā€™s my contributions to this argument:

1. Charizards are way overpriced so you all should wait till they all drop by 75% before even thinking of buying any.

Glad I could help;)

1 Like

I agree here. I felt it meant collectible cards also. After all, this is primarily a collectible card site.