WTT/ For 1st edition charizard

Wanting to trade my psa Gem mint 10 Near complete base set unlimited Holo set 15/16

All holos minus the charizard 4/102

Looking for a psa mint 9 1st edition charizard base set,

Based on psa smr price guide this should be an equal trade however, I am willing to negotiate and add cash because these prices may be outdated,

15/16 psa 10 holos equal $2,750 (SMR) www.psacard.com/smrpriceguide/non-sports-card-values/1999-poke-mon-game-unlimited/2653
PSA MINT 9 1st edition charizard $2,750 (SMR) www.psacard.com/smrpriceguide/non-sports-card-values/1999-poke-mon-game-1st-edition/2432

Regards.

Most recent PWCC auction had a PSA 9 go for 3.5k and an 8 go for 2.5k. Not sure how often smr guide is updated but that psa 9 price is out of date, $2750 is a steal for a PSA 9 1st ed base charizard in the current market.

2 Likes

Quoting the SMR price is a pretty useless endeavor, as it’s often out of date, as it clearly is now.

The going rate for a PSA 9 1st edition Charizard is clearly much closer to $3.5k right now than $2,750.

Recent sales prices on eBay:

Aug 27: $3,200
Aug 28: $3,459
Sept 5: $3,500
Sept 6: $3,800
Sept 13: $3,700
Sept 19: $3,400

Average of last 6 sales: $3,510

Average of last 5 sales: $3,572

That’s a pretty consistent market and established price for the time being.

So you’ll want to try to make the case that what you’d be giving up is worth ~$3,500.

@namespace url(XHTML namespace);

It goes both ways,

If I went to recent sold listings, I’m sure my price would rise too,

I put “open to negotiating” to save the BS…

1 Like

You might be right, but it’s better to prove your point with citing recent listings as opposed to just talking about what “BS” this all is…

I’m not trying to be adverserial. If you had just made a thread asking for the trade, I wouldn’t have said anything. But when you quote an SMR price that’s blatantly outdated then something needs to be said. Not that it really matters what I say anyway, no one on here is going to give up their Charizard who doesn’t know the true market value of the card.

@namespace url(XHTML namespace);SaveSave

Do you have one for trade…?

@thenotoriouspokemon Unfortunately, I do not. I have both a PSA 10 and PSA 9 1st edition Zard but they’re both a part of sets.

Based on recent sales I’m seeing of PSA 10 Unlimited cards…

Blastoise: $500 / $450 / $430 ($460)
Venusaur: $370 / $350 / $305 ($342)
Raichu: $166
Nidoking: $147 / $110 ($129 average)
Ninetales: $125
Mewtwo: $133 / $125 / $108 ($122 average)
Gyarados: $118

I’m sure this is not an exhaustive list, but those are the prices I was able to find in the couple of minutes I was willing to look into this.

That gets you to $1452, but doesn’t include: Alakazam, Chansey, Clefairy, Hitmonchan, Machamp, Magneton, Poliwrath, Zapdos

It’s hard to see how those 8 cards are getting you to an additional $2k in value. If you get roughly $130 each for those cards, you’re still about $1k short.

Of course… some people might think the value of the PSA 10 cards will rise more than the value of PSA 9 1st edition Zard in the future.

Thanks for your input, I will either sell them and add cash or just trade plus cash, I was not aware of the price jumping so high and quick, I mainly use a mobile device for advanced searches and it does not show much sold listings for some reason.

2 Likes

Your $2750 price for your 15 holos is pretty fair, but as others pointed out a PSA 9 1st Edition Zard is going for $3500-4000.

Most of the 1st Ed Charizards are off market atm and I don’t think even a 1:1 trade would be realistic considering that card is going to hit the $5000 price range most likely in a few months.

Your safest bet would indeed be to sell all the cards. You can get pretty close to $3000. If I were you I’d just complete the set with a PSA 10 Zard but looks like you really want this card. Best of luck to you.

Just to elaborate on this I looked on eBay(.co.uk) at the values on unlimited 10s.

Lowest currently listed/lowest sold/highest sold

A - means I couldn’t find that hit of data, * means there was a best offer option on the price and () around the number means the listing went unsold.
Alakazam 150/100/150
Blastoise -/430*/450*
Chansey -/234*/400*
Clefairy -/-/-
Gyarados 180/65/180
Hitmonchan -/86/100
Machamp 250/220*/281
Magneton -/-/-
Mewtwo 225/108.5/157*
Ninetales -/(109)/157*
Poliwrath 85*/67/100
Raichu -/150*/200*
Venusaur 450/355*/410*
Zapdos 150/76/150

Totals 1490/2000.5/2725

The first number is not including Blastoise, Chansey, Clefairy, Hitmonchan, Magneton, Ninetales and Raichu.
The second number does not include 3 accepted best offers so is in actual fact lower and this doesn’t include Clefairy or Magneton.
The third number does not include 5 accepted best offers so is also lower as well as not including Clefairy and Magneton.

@woolsluk - Good info, but I wouldn’t even bother listing a “best offer” price. I always check to see the actual price those listings sold by typing the item # into this site:

www.watchcount.com

To be honest I didn’t want to spend too long searching for prices being so I just figured the listings with offers could be included as long as anyone reading knows that the price stands a chance of being considerably lower.

2 Likes

@thenotoriouspokemon

Hmmm so after looking for it, the Chansey does indeed seem to sell for quite a bit more than most of the other cards in the set. But the range seems to be all over the map… like $150-400.

I figured this must be a pop report situation, and indeed it is.

PSA 10 Unlimited population report:

Alakazam - 182
Blastoise - 168
Chansey - 96
Charizard - 281
Clefairy - 80
Gyarados - 191
Hitmonchan - 110
Machamp (includes Shadowless population) - 238
Magneton - 85
Nidoking - 154
Ninetales - 164
Poliwrath - 195
Raichu - 120
Venusaur - 224
Zapdos - 207

Those are the cards whose pop report stand out as being scarcer. Although it’s kind of funny that the recent sales prices for the Hitmonchan are just a fraction of the prices of the Chansey despite there being only 14 more of them in the wild. That’s one of those price situations where the market is just being silly.

Anyway… How much of a premium are the Chansey / Clefairy / Magneton getting? I’m not sure.

But it seems like perhaps your original offer isn’t so bad after all.

Can I just say that nobody is selling PSA 9 1st ed Charizards for $3.5k. It’s firmly in the 4k range. At this point even outside eBay $3.5k is a steal for a buyer.

2 Likes

As someone who helped with the price guide for the SMR, it is already outdated. Those prices were given to them months before it was even in draft form, let alone published. Either way, any price guide, especially print is a general metric for the time.

Today the card is earning at least $3,500. I spoke with a buyer 1-2 months ago and $3,500 would have been an instant purchase, if they could locate one available at that price point.

I’m selling two 9s for 3750.00+shipping each privately and don’t love it. These are pretty certainly going well over 4K by December. Over 10% interest in 3 months is huge. Speculative? Sure. But nearly everyone here would agree. Heck, it could be 5k by Christmas?

1 Like

I think everyone needs to calm down lol,

SMR is a price guide and that is exactly what I used it for (as a guide) basically just to show that my set is worthy enough to put in the same price bracket, obviously I know the zard would probably appreciate quicker with how the market is today with the 10, and this is why I stated I was happy to negotiate,

I think I will probably just sell the darn set and save the hassle of trading with other collectors as it’s just not going to be a nice experience…

Definitely 5k pretty soon. Whyyy are you selling them? Don’t do it. Keep ALL the zards. lol

OP, I think everyone just mean to help. Don’t take any of the posts the wrong way. I’m just pretty sure no one would trade it for any less than $5000 worth of cards tbh. Unless you had the one card they’ve been looking for.

I’m in the same boat Gary. People quoting 3.5k are just setting themselves up for disapointment as they’re thinking that’s the high, when the realitiy is that’s the low.

2 Likes

my final price has not been mentioned once, however I did mention I am open to negotiations due to the increase in price of the cards involved…