1st ed base set zard

Did this really sell for the $75k BIN? That’s what ebay says. Wonder if the buyer will pay.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-PSA-10-1st-edition-BASE-SHADOWLESS-CHARIZARD-4-GEM-MINT/143207766987?hash=item2157d91bcb:g:y2UAAOSwAzVcrBvA#vi__app-cvip-panel

1 Like

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=143207766987

Hard to believe when the 60k listing for the PSA 10 1st base starters has been up forever. Pricing out Venusaur and Blastoise at market you get a Zard price of about 44k which is a great deal right now. However that listing is not internationally visible so maybe it is an international buyer.

It certainly doesn’t seem logical that it was paid for at 75k, but stranger things have happened.

Edit: well looks like the 60k trio just sold, was only a matter of time I think

1 Like

That other listing was the first thing I checked. logic would dictate if someone was going to BIN you’d think they would do that one first before the other. It is strange

1 Like

So…not a single psa 10 1st ed Zard now on eBay? Nice…

2 Likes

Don’t be silly, there is one available for $37k. It’s a thick stamp one too!

3 Likes

Ahem

There’s not a single one available on eBay in which the owner is willing to show pictures of the backside of the card.

Not only that, but it’s also only available for local pickup in Norway. lol

5 Likes

Norway is a great destination for a holiday! Although everything is very expensive… By the way, this is the shipping info I get when clicking the link lol:

"The seller has not specified a shipping method to Norway.

Item location: Stavanger, Norway"

This could influence the final price of the full set auction. Two weeks to go…

I’ve been back and forth with the seller that had Venusaur, Blastoise and the Charizard up and when we finally agreed on a price he didn’t want to sell anyway…
It looks like it’s unlisted and not sold though.

6 Likes

Could you provide a link to this auction?

2 Likes

Certainly: goldinauctions.com/1999_Pokemon_1st_Edition_PSA_GEM_MT_10_Complete_Se-LOT59802.aspx

4 Likes

Yeah, the listing for the $60k trio was simply removed by the seller, as opposed to the $75k sale which eBay says was sold.

It’s possible that the owner of the $60k pulled their listing because they were afraid someone would hit Buy It Now and he realized that it wasn’t a price he actually wanted to let the trio go for.

2 Likes

That makes sense. I have tried getting in contact with the seller who had the $75k up but never got a reply when asking for more pictures.

1 Like

I had been in contact with both since january. My sense was that neither particularly wanted to sell the card. The guy with the three starters had opened them himself some time ago and graded the cards himself.

2 Likes

Oh wow @jonandek, you got a STEAL!!! haha

4 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

We’ll see if the $75k card gets reposted to ebay. I would subscribe to the theory that the other guy removed his listing because he was worried it would actually sell. In any case, I sure hope you bought that mahomes rookie card!

1 Like

Haha!

I did!! We’re both happy. I’m kind of sad that Charizard has left me - I truly do love the card. However, it’s in a home that will love it even more than i

thanks man!

2 Likes

Now I’m curious about how much this Patrick Mahomes rookie card cost you.

1 Like