1st ed base set zard

A good transaction all around. Yes the charizard is appreciated. it has become… my precious!

2 Likes

i looked at the 3-card set. that was a steal of a price for 60k. it is not chump change, so that’s probably why people didn’t immediately jump on it. people with that kind of money probably had other options, and probably already had the trio in their own personal collection. :blush:

i guess the 75k was legit? crazy.

1 Like

One look at the backside of the Blastoise will tell you everything you need to know about this set.

It would be difficult to pay a premium let alone fair price after looking at the quality. It can go in the same bucket as the 36k zard.

3 Likes

One thing we have to keep in mind is eBay no longer shows that a best offer was accepted for some listings. You won’t even be able to see the best offer on Watchcount. This guy could’ve sold the card for far less and we’d have no clue because of eBay.

For those who don’t understand, we know this only sold for $1200, but Watchcount as well as eBay will tell you it sold for $1500 www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-PSA-9-MINT-TYPHLOSION-1ST-EDITION-NEO-GENESIS-SWIRL-RED-DOT-ERROR-17-111/184190702835?hash=item2ae29f14f3:g:UcIAAOSwym1eWcSx

2 Likes

That would make sense…

1 Like

The 60k listing sold. The 75k seller is a member here. @cpbog1

12 Likes

Doesn’t flippertools work for best offers?

1 Like

All of the Zard price increases in the last few months seem strange to me. I acknowledge that supply is low for 1st edition and it only takes 2 people that really want a card to bid up prices, but for unlimited cards, the increase in price makes no sense to me.

I personally believe prices are inflated and am not buying right now.

You don’t think the rising box prices have anything to do with the graded card prices rising? Because sealed box prices are not impacted in any way, shape, or form by PSA closing or a lack of graded card supply.

1 Like

There’s no need to single out Charizard, the same thing could be said with all vintage Pokemon cards across the board.

In the specific case of PSA 10 1st edition Base Set Charizard, the price had remained steady at a little over $40k for a couple of years despite the fact that the box continued to get more expensive and the fact that only 2 Charizards had been added to the PSA 10 population over the last couple of years.

So if the price is starting to increase, I don’t see how this is in the least bit surprising.

4 Likes

I understand most of the price increases but I agree with you about base unlimited charizard.

Mint 9 is pop 4.3k and it’s reaching prices of $600-700 which seems absurd

I guess it somewhat makes sense though as Charizard is legitimately the Michael Jordan of this hobby, and Fleer jordan even with 7.5k 8s sells for $5-6k(as an 8) lol

I guess we’ve just underestimated the sheer demand that there is for vintage pokemon

1 Like

Box prices don’t seem that linked to card prices for me. I believe the high price of sealed product has to do with the novelty of wanting to own a “sealed” Pokemon box not because of the value of the cards inside.

Sealed boxes have become a collectors item themselves and people are buying for the purpose of having a sealed box in their collection, not to open up more cards.

Edit:
The one thing I can think of is Maybe with more people at home right now, there are more eyes on the hobby and more people buying.

Yes and no.

You certainly cannot make a 1-to-1 correlation between the price of the box and the price of the cards inside. There are many other factors that go into prices for the individual cards and the boxes.

However, the price of the box and the cards inside have a big impact on one another. As one rises or falls the other will generally rise or fall.

For example, if the price of individual cards increased but the price of the box stayed the same, we would expect many people to start opening boxes to sell the individual cards inside. (This exact scenario has played out before).

But in reality what happens over time is that if the price of the individual cards increase, eventually the price of the box will increase. So on and so forth.

4 Likes

You cant even get a psa 1 for under $1500 right now with the last dance hype

1 Like

@pokecollectoramy I’m so mad at myself because I’m a huge Jordan fan but I only thought about getting his fleer and dunkin donut cards a few months ago. On top of that, I decided that I’d purchase them in the future without factoring in that this doc would skyrocket their values. Now both cards are like double their prices from December in PSA 9s :sob:

2 Likes

i thought about getting a tom brady card before this 6x SB, but waited. after he got his ring, i gave up that dream…

3 Likes

My good friend primarily collects sports cards and even though he hates Brady, he was celebrating that terrible super bowl win lmao. Sucks when you get priced out of cards you want :slightly_frowning_face:

PSA 9’s are now going up in value. Last one sold for $9K and it was off centered . I think the PSA 9 1st ed Charizard will be trading in the 12K-20K range soon. Eventually will sell in the same range as Wayne Gretzky PSA 9 rookies. PSA 10 Charizard in the 100K range

1 Like

I have been in contact with the $60k seller and they have no sold yet. Charizard is going up and the V & B aren’t a part of the deal anymore.

Just thought I’d share as the knowledge keeps everyone aware :blush:

2 Likes

Looks like they backed out of a deal.