PSA 10 Base Unlimited Zard is $1.5K

This price jump seems meteoric considering how much product we know has been opened and graded.

Who will be regrading their 9s lol?

Who’s going to bite the bullet for their complete PSA 10 base set?

I know Base Zard will always be coveted and is essentially the crown jewel of Pokemon…

BUT

and it’s a big but… (it cannot lie, all you other brothers can’t deny, when a girl walks in with a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face…)

For the amount of unlimited Base set which exists in the world… does it feel like it’s gone up too quickly or is this just the new normal?

Maybe just you so you won’t have a BUDGET anymore. :wink:

1 Like

I find base Zard to be overrated imo. There’s so many better looking Zards out there for better prices.

1 Like

Blasphemy.

1 Like

If Base zard had the Japanese booster box artwork, the CD promo artwork or the Dark Charizard artwork I’d own the world’s supply of Base Zards at this point.

I used to want to own a 1st base zard just to have cardboard sit in a box and appreciate… but the reality is it’s only a good investment if you don’t know how to make money breed any other way. I have better means to achieve better ends.

1 Like

I’m just teasing. I find most of the base set holo artwork to be kinda bland.

Last year I bought a base charizard for 10,800.00 and now it’s worth 40k? What are you doing to breed money quicker than that lol.

2 Likes

Well you’re a grown man who’s been working his whole life and I’m still in university. I didn’t exactly have 10k to drop on a Base 1st BGS 10 Zard lol. I’ve got to trade net profit for higher ROI.

Yeah but how are you breeding your money in better ways than the 200-400% return experienced by base and base 1st zard in the last 12 months?

It’s a secret.

Nice, i’ve made over 100k in equity in the last 12 months but from a percentage perspective it’s no where near as good as a 200% return :blush:

My returns are much higher but I haven’t made as much as you.

All I’m trying to get at is in MY personal situation I have different options. I don’t have a real, salaried job for example but there will come a time when I will and these opportunities will be worth it to me.

At this point in time it’s just not the case.

1 Like

Do you need a son…dad:)

4 Likes

Its all because of supply / demand and Gary’s little clip giving more exposure to the hobby.

After I saw the clip, I picked up a second copy as I was guessing people would be hitting eBay to do the same thing.

#investment :blush:

1 Like

Haha, no. But i need ur Zard… :wink:

BTC, ETH and LTC all blew that out of the water in the same time frame. Not knocking your investment, just saying there is always some obscure investment out there that is better pretty much.

Maybe @budget is living in the cryptocurrency world?

1 Like

base set is where to go the orginal set the one most people started out adn i know theres loads of sets out they but how many times did u and i take the holos out to show them off creating scrathes ect and with boxes being around 1800 to 2000 your not goignt o see any more box opening (thank you youtubers) lol

Tbh if you know what you’re doing collectibles ROI is just ridiculous compared to a lot of other investments. The main thing investments like blue chip stocks, real estate, bonds etc have over collectibles is that they scale way better if you have a large amount to invest.

That said I’ve made literally hundreds of thousands off my initial $3k investment in MTG 4 years ago. I kept reinvesting profits from that initial spend and diversifying to get where I am now. No other investment that I know of could’ve given me these kinds of returns for the time period and capital I put in, so I think this kind of dismissive statement on card investment is pretty short sighted.

It’s all relative to your knowledge of a certain market, how you value your time and your attitude towards risk.

Let’s say this time next year base unl PSA 10 Zard is a $3.5k card. If you bought it now you’d make $2k but I could do a lot more with $1.5k. It might require more work and more risk but I’m confident that I could make more than the $2k gain from holding that charizard.

But that’s my personal situation, everyone has different means and different approaches.